Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2018, 22:08   #1

Hello Motor Noters!

I had been following Team-BHP for quite some time but the thought of becoming a member of the forum never came to my mind. Quite recently I came up with a blog and sent it to GTO who replied promptly saying it was good and told me about registration. Now that I have registered, the whole idea of discussing cars with equally car frenzy people has overwhelmed me. Needless to say, I am delighted to be here and deeply regretting not registering earlier.

A little about me. I am Pradyumna Kalagi, 19 from Pune. I am a student of English Literature and plan to make a career in Advertising and Journalism. I am a certified caroholic and been that way since 5. I remember my dad got me a wonderful diecast Porsche 911 on my 5th birthday and it was then that I decided that 'cars' was my cup of tea.

I don't have a glorious collection of cars. I am still a student and I hope that I'll be able to spruce up our garage when I start earning. Currently, we own a 2006 Maruti Alto which has a tremendous fan following in our family. But it is getting really old now and we are planning for a big upgrade soon. Dad is keen on the Jeep Compass while I want the Honda Civic. I ride the Honda Navi and it gives me Mini Cooper vibes when I take it on the roads.

My favorite car changes every week but to keep it short, I love the Italians. Everything from Alfa Romeo to Pagani melts my heart. The emotion, passion and the sense of occasion that an exotic Italian car exudes is unparalleled. It might sound a bit cliche but I love Ferraris particularly the 458 Italia and 250 GT Lusso. I also prefer naturally aspirated engines and manual transmissions and pray that they stay longer.

I am equally fond of reading (Currently reading 'Spies-Michael Frayn') and dogs. I believe the best way to see the world is through one's windscreen. My perfect idea of a road trip? Get a VW Type-2, a furry friend and drive to the four corners of our country.

Yup, so that's me. I hope to make new friends, contribute more and have a revvin' good time here.
pradyumnakalagi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 09:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Hello Motor Noters!

You love everything which petrol-heads usually do, so while away from this forum, this thought is considered alien, it is natural for us.

You plan a career in car designs or journalism?

And welcome to the forum Prad, enjoy your stay
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 10:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome on board!

The first thing I was reminded of when I saw your forum handle was ACP Pradyuman from CID
But as I read the line "I am a student of English Literature and plan to make a career in Advertising and Journalism" I came back from the TV world.

Wish you a wonderful stay on TBHP. Keep contributing, keep revving
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 10:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to T BHP. I liked your statement "The best way to see the world is through "WINDSHIELD"

Only a literature student like you can write such wonderful imaginative statements.

I see a bright future for you as Car Journalism. All the best for your career
gkveda is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks