Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2018, 22:47   #1
BHPian

Finally, a Team-BHPian

Hello everyone,

First off, I would like to thank the moderators for approving my membership on my fifth attempt. I was overwhelmed with joy on seeing the email which had the golden words: "Team-BHP membership approved". So proud to finally become a member. I would also like to thank GTO for guiding me through the whole process.

Let me introduce myself. I'm Vinay, from Chennai. I'm currently in the eleventh grade, and I aspire to become an Automobile engineer. I've had a strong passion for cars since my childhood. My all time favourite would be the Honda Civic, which I wish to drive sometime soon (After I get my driver's licence, of course )

Circa 2014. I was pretty intrigued by the 'Live to Drive' stickers I found on cars. On looking up the Internet, I discovered Team-BHP. I was really fascinated on seeing a whole website, all about cars. I've been lurking around the forum ever since. The forum has greatly helped me in expanding my knowledge regarding cars. I still remember reading BHPian graaja's ownership review of his Jetta TDI (Which I guess is the first review I read)

I am a hobby photographer and a tech enthusiast (huge fan of Apple) And I love listening to music. Pop, Rock, Hip-Hop, EDM are my favourite genres. One Direction is my favourite band. I also love travelling and going on road trips.

A little bit of history here. We currently own a Suzuki Swift VDi from 2011, which my dad drives. We have previously owned an Ikon, Indica and Zen. Though the itch to change a car started way back in 2015, we had to veto a lot of cars, because they didn't suit our criteria, along with polarizing opinions from family members for each car. We saw cars from different segments, right from the Polo TSi to the C220. Finally, we have zeroed in on the Octavia TSi.

Looking forward to learning a lot more, and having a great time here.

Cheers,
Vinay23

Last edited by Vinay23 : 31st August 2018 at 22:57. Reason: a better adjective
Vinay23 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 11:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally, a Team-BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay23 View Post
I was overwhelmed with joy on seeing the email which had the golden words: "Team-BHP membership approved". So proud to finally become a member.
Welcome aboard Vinay, great to have you on the forum.
Quote:
Let me introduce myself. I'm Vinay, from Chennai. I'm currently in the eleventh grade, and I aspire to become an Automobile engineer. I've had a strong passion for cars since my childhood.
Which part of Chennai? I lived in Royapettah for 2 years and still fondly remember going to Marina beach almost everyday. All the best for future, do consider colleges abroad as well for education - there are a lot of interesting courses being offered across all the fields related to automobiles.

Quote:
I am a hobby photographer and a tech enthusiast (huge fan of Apple) And I love listening to music. Pop, Rock, Hip-Hop, EDM are my favourite genres. One Direction is my favourite band. I also love travelling and going on road trips.
Looking forward to you pics on many of our photography thread. They are located in the Shifting Gears section on the forum.

Quote:
...We saw cars from different segments, right from the Polo TSi to the C220. Finally, we have zeroed in on the Octavia TSi.
The Tsi is something else, however, I would have love to see one with a manual gearbox. Except for the Superb manual Tsi, I don't think any other car offers this engine and gearbox combo.

Quote:
Looking forward to learning a lot more, and having a great time here.
Likewise. Do take a look at the rules once before though.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 21:08   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Which part of Chennai? I lived in Royapettah for 2 years and still fondly remember going to Marina beach almost everyday. All the best for future, do consider colleges abroad as well for education - there are a lot of interesting courses being offered across all the fields related to automobiles.
I live in K.K Nagar. Oh yes, the Marina beach- I've been there a couple of times. It's a great place to hang out. Thank you, I have considered a few- will be writing the GRE exam this summer.

Quote:
The Tsi is something else, however, I would have love to see one with a manual gearbox. Except for the Superb manual Tsi, I don't think any other car offers this engine and gearbox combo.
Volkswagen and Skoda should atleast consider offering a manual transmission. The same would be an awesome combo for the vRS.
Old 7th September 2018, 09:44   #4
BHPian

Hello, and welcome, Vinay. And it’s great to see a fellow Apple enthusiast on this forum.
And I can imagine the rigmarole you went through before zeroing down on your Octavia, and what a fine choice your family has made! I went through the paces, too, for nearly two years before I got my own Skoda, and I can confidently say that it’s one purchase where the heart and the brain agreed with each other. Unlike you, though, I have the pleasure of driving it every day.
But one day, you’ll be doing the same.
Since you’re into photography, maybe you should try uploading pics of your new car sometime. There’s no dearth for pics covering virtually every aspect of an Octavia, but it would be interesting to see the car from a young photographer’s POV.
Anyway, good luck, and welcome again.
gk1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 20:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
And it’s great to see a fellow Apple enthusiast on this forum.
my sentiments. Rather than finding fellow apple fans, I usually find critics. Glad you're a fan.

Quote:
And I can imagine the rigmarole you went through before zeroing down on your Octavia
Oh, you have no idea. I went crazy with the confusion. But now I'm having afterthoughts, after reading BHPian adi_petrolhead's review, regarding skoda's service and general and the reliability of the DQ200 gearbox after seeing this https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ing-issue.html (Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi DSG - Shuddering issue!)

Quote:
Since you’re into photography, maybe you should try uploading pics of your new car sometime
Quote:
but it would be interesting to see the car from a young photographer’s POV.
I will try. My weekly schedule is really tight, so I'll have to try during the term holidays.

Quote:
Anyway, good luck, and welcome again
Thank you
Vinay23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed