Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2018, 13:33   #1
BHPian

An interesting entry into Team-BHP!

Hello there,

Myself Nikhil Paradkar as the handle already suggests, you might say, "Hey that's a boring handle", but yes I like it to be simple.

I am a 23-year-old management graduate aspiring to be a masters in management! I am based in Mumbai and an ardent automobile enthusiast. While this passion for automobiles got me into working at Linkway Honda as a corporate sales consultant for a couple of years before I set out to study for being an MBA.

I heard, rather saw Team-BHP on the internet while researching about cars and motorcycles.

Now coming to getting a membership as I have heard is next to getting in IIMs and is rather more interesting! I first applied for a membership on 15th August 2017 i.e. the independence day, and while I really thought I would get the freedom of membership, I did not, it was rejected, I gave up on the thought of joining the forum and thought of continuing to just read the forums as it was open for all.

Jumping to yesterday i.e. 21st September 2018, due to my work culture I have some contacts in other automobile dealerships too, some colleagues working for almost every other automobile brand out there, I got a scoop of information related to the newly launching Ford Aspire Facelift, I thought it would be great if I could share it with other car enthusiasts out there, which another great place to find them other than Team-BHP, hence I mailed the information to them along with proofs, they greatly appreciated it and compiled an article for the same, as a token of appreciation got a swanky gift certificate too!, and most importantly got a mail from GTO inviting to register at the forum, WOW! what more could I have asked for! Registered without a delay and here I am.

Well, the struggle was real I must say!!!

Talking of my interests, practically everything related to cars, motorcycles, technology, latest gadgets, smartphones, laptops and well the list doesn't seem to end anywhere soon! A special mention of my hobby would be recording videos, no no no, not those typical Youtube vlogging, Snapchat, Music videos, reviews, unboxing etc, I am particularly a fan of cinematography.

The topic of cars I have previously owned, currently own or wish to own is something very drastic in my case, because it starts from my daily driver the MS Wagon R which is still working great to newly acquired weekend getaway the humble Ford Endeavour! Cars I wish to own would be definitely of a sleeper nature, something I like to call the wolf in sheep's clothing, like the Mercedes Benz E63s AMG, it is an absolute beast! It stays clear, an underdog and a normal Mercedes Benz to the mass untrained eye, but the moment the pedal is floor to the metal it surely becomes the beast of hell, if not the green hell!

I would like to thank GTO for realizing the potential in me to become a contributor to Team-BHP and TusharK for trusting and publishing yesterday's article.

Regards
Nikhil Paradkar
Attached Thumbnails
An interesting entry into Team-BHP!-endy-6699.jpg  

Last edited by Nikhil Paradkar : 22nd September 2018 at 13:44.
Nikhil Paradkar is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 13:54   #2
BHPian

Re: An interesting entry into Team-BHP!

Congratulations and welcome to Tbhp Nikhil.

Good to see that you are Ford Endeavour owner, hope to see you in Ford Endeavour thread.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 22:46   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Congratulations and welcome to Tbhp Nikhil.
Thank you, surely will contribute to the Ford Endeavour thread too!

Last edited by ampere : 22nd September 2018 at 23:24.
Old 23rd September 2018, 22:58   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil Paradkar View Post
Jumping to yesterday i.e. 21st September 2018, due to my work culture I have some contacts in other automobile dealerships too, some colleagues working for almost every other automobile brand out there, I got a scoop of information related to the newly launching Ford Aspire Facelift, I thought it would be great if I could share it with other car enthusiasts out there, which another great place to find them other than Team-BHP, hence I mailed the information to them along with proofs, they greatly appreciated it and compiled an article for the same, as a token of appreciation got a swanky gift certificate too!, and most importantly got a mail from GTO inviting to register at the forum, WOW! what more could I have asked for! Registered without a delay and here I am.
Welcome to Team BHP, Nikhil .

Your story is exactly same as mine . Back in 2015, I had shared details about Baleno Booster jet and was invited by GTO to register on Team BHP.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 23:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Welcome to Team BHP, Nikhil
Thanks Doctor!

Well that's a working hack then...

Last edited by ampere : 23rd September 2018 at 23:42.
Old 24th September 2018, 09:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Myself Nikhil Paradkar
Welcome to the forum, are you related to Rohit from OD?
sukiwa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 10:13   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Welcome to the forum, are you related to Rohit from OD?
Thanks, Sukiwa!, I am not directly related to him, but he must be a distant relative for sure. As our community is not that huge, same surnames do root back to the same origins. Hope to meet him for a coffee though!
Old 24th September 2018, 12:49   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Doctor!

Well that's a working hack then...
First of all, let me congratulate you on getting team-bhp membership. (This comes from someone who got his first 'team-bhp' welcome some days back)

Regarding the 'hack', it surely works, I also got the invitation from GTO. It was not for sharing any valuable information or scoops, instead a suggestion (criticism) regarding a thread in team-bhp. And yes, the suggestion was implemented in the form of a 'moderator note' in the mentioned thread.

I was actually surprised when team-bhp took a (constructive) criticism from someone who was an outsider, and implemented the same. It shows the openness and urge for quality improvement.

Kudos to moderators for keeping the discipline and quality in check.
pavi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 13:40   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
First of all, let me congratulate you on getting team-bhp membership. (This comes from someone who got his first 'team-bhp' welcome some days back)
Thanks, Pavi! Budding Newbie

Quote:
Regarding the 'hack', it surely works, I also got the invitation from GTO. It was not for sharing any valuable information or scoops, instead a suggestion (criticism) regarding a thread in team-bhp. And yes, the suggestion was implemented in the form of a 'moderator note' in the mentioned thread.
Yes GTO is known to find the hidden spark in us

Quote:
I was actually surprised when team-bhp took a (constructive) criticism from someone who was an outsider, and implemented the same. It shows the openness and urge for quality improvement
If I were to be in your place, I would have expected a defending reply from him! getting a response the other way round is unexpectedly satisfying.

Quote:
Kudos to moderators for keeping the discipline and quality in check
Kudos to moderators for letting us in too
Old 24th September 2018, 21:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...as a token of appreciation got a swanky gift certificate too!, and most importantly got a mail from GTO inviting to register at the forum, WOW! what more could I have asked for! Registered without a delay and here I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Your story is exactly same as mine. Back in 2015, I had shared details about Baleno Booster jet and was invited by GTO to register on Team BHP.
Quote:
Regarding the 'hack', it surely works...
Congrats to all three of you (sorry for the delay, Dr.Naren )!

Lest the quotes be misunderstood, let me on behalf of the forum, reiterate that even invitations are extended only to the deserving few. And the invitees too must clear the CAT! There might be a grace mark or two, but definitely no walkovers!

May I tweak the Bard a little and say that,

"Some are born Bhpians, some become Bhpians and Bhpianism is thrust upon some"

Quote:
this passion for automobiles got me into working at Linkway Honda as a corporate sales consultant for a couple of years
Please have a look at these threads and try to add your own perspective to the issues discussed there.

(Linkway Honda Malad - Dealership review. An unpleasant experience)*

(Linkway Honda's staff breaks traffic rules, then heckles me when questioned. EDIT: Update on page 2)*

(Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!)*

(Linkway Honda @ Andheri (Mumbai) shutting down)*

Last edited by dailydriver : 24th September 2018 at 21:50.
dailydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 22:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Congrats to all three of you (sorry for the delay, Dr.Naren )!
Thanks, dailydriver!

Quote:
Lest the quotes be misunderstood, let me on behalf of the forum, reiterate that even invitations are extended only to the deserving few. And the invitees too must clear the CAT! There might be a grace mark or two, but definitely no walkovers!
Hehe the preparations for CAT are surely on!

Quote:
"Some are born Bhpians, some become Bhpians and Bhpianism is thrust upon some"
That's True! I think I was destined to become a Bhpian and so GTO thrusted it upon me

Yes Linkway Honda sales has shut down completely, feels sad, but the service will continue to cater for few months as per Honda norms, I apologise for not being able to contribute to the above threads as it will be wrong on my part to discuss inside things related to my ex-employer.

Just to sum it up briefly, AutoHangar has closed Honda sales and soon service will be closed too, currently AutoHangar pre-owned vehicles will be sold from that outlet, Mercedes-Benz divisions will stay and grow.
Nikhil Paradkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 14:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I apologise for not being able to contribute to the above threads as it will be wrong on my part to discuss inside things related to my ex-employer.

I understand and respect your standpoint. Nevertheless, do keep trawling the forum for topics where you can contribute and perhaps play the devil's advocate too .

Also, going through blackwasp's threads and posts could give you an idea of how you can use your experience at the car dealership to enrich the forum.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 14:48   #13
BHPian

Quote:

I understand and respect your standpoint. Nevertheless, do keep trawling the forum for topics where you can contribute and perhaps play the devil's advocate too .

Also, going through blackwasp's threads and posts could give you an idea of how you can use your experience at the car dealership to enrich the forum.
Sure, dailydriver! Will surely contribute being within the limits

Yes was going through blackwasp's thread, it gave me a nostalgia, like literally, that's exactly how we used to function daily!
Nikhil Paradkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 18:26   #14

Welcome to Team-BHP, Nikhil!!

Well, it seems we (newbies) are mutually welcoming each other. It's fun - I feel like back to college days when after the inaugural lecture, the excited bunch of people welcome each other to a place new to them.
Shrek123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 21:26   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek123 View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP, Nikhil!!

Well, it seems we (newbies) are mutually welcoming each other. It's fun - I feel like back to college days when after the inaugural lecture, the excited bunch of people welcome each other to a place new to them.
Yes absolutely, this college is where everyone is teacher as well as student , everyone teaches something new also learning something new. That's how the knowledge increases!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed