Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2018, 22:05   #1

Hello BHPians

First and foremost, thanks to GTO and team for approving my registration.

I am Ram, a solutions architect in the broadcasting industry, currently in the UK and originally from Chennai, India. My love for cars and automobiles goes far back to my childhood when I used to do the army gypsy/jeep rides (my father's official commute) till the end of our street every morning. Constant postings and moving across to different parts of the country meant that we were never able to own a vehicle except my dad's humble Bajaj Chetak but I never failed to miss an opportunity to have a close look at any car that I laid my eyes on.

Fast forward, my first car was the humble Wagon R which has served us well for the last 8 years and 70k+ kms and going strong, although used very less in the last 3 years since I moved to the UK. My ride here is a pre-owned Nissan Qashqai and I hope to upgrade to one among the Big 3 sometime early next year.

About me, I am in my early 30s, happily married and we have a beautiful 3 year old daughter. I live and work in a beautiful village in the banks of river Thames just outside London. This village has a history of cars too; in fact my current office used to the HQ of the historic carmaker AC Cars.

Outside of work and cars, I run a lot and play a lot of cricket and badminton. The local cricket club (in the same village) that I play for is one of the oldest in England and is celebrating its 185th year this week. So if you are in London during the British summer and want to experience/play English cricket, do get in touch and I can get you a game(2018 season is over, so from Apr/May 2019 only). I also closely follow Formula 1 and I am an ardent Ferrari fan.

Glad to be part of such a unique yet diverse forum. Look forward to it.
vsramki is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 06:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello BHPians

Very nice intro and varied interest. Especially good to know you have a very active lifestyle, which is so important these days!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 08:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Living on the banks of grand old Thames in a historically significant village and playing cricket for a 185 year old club there. Wonderful! We have a cricket thread in the Shifting Gears section where incidentally, the country of your origin and current residence were being hotly discussed just a few days ago . Do have a look.

If it isn't a breach of professional code, do explain what do you do exactly as a solutions architect in the broadcasting industry.

Looking forward to your contributions on the forum.

Welcome aboard!
dailydriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 13:54   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Living on the banks of grand old Thames in a historically significant village and playing cricket for a 185 year old club there. Wonderful! We have a cricket thread in the Shifting Gears section where incidentally, the country of your origin and current residence were being hotly discussed just a few days ago . Do have a look.

If it isn't a breach of professional code, do explain what do you do exactly as a solutions architect in the broadcasting industry.

Welcome aboard!
Thanks. To put it simple, I am a software engineer turned software architect additionally doing the role of a business analyst and hence the fancy title. All this in the TV broadcasting industry (Ad Sales and Management, Rights and Scheduling etc).
vsramki is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks