Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2007, 09:18   #1

Red Bull , originally from Mumbai / Pune ( now in Melbourne / Sydney)

Hi Guys,
I am Hari , 25 years old (Did my studies in Mumbai and higher education in namma Bengalooru) , Scraped through my Engineeering with hundreds of Ktsss. Now working as a designer in Boeing Australia, doing (No not designing aeroplanes , but simpler entry level work). I have been a lurker on team BHP for quite a while now. Haven't been posting actively as I am not much into cars and don't know anything about them, to be precise, about cars. So don't really have any insights to share on that issue.

I own a Bullet Electra 2003 model, and it is currently at a friends place in Alibag. Not that I know much about the insides of Bikes but can do some basic repairs and have ridden the bullet for about 2 years now , and loved it. I am a more active member on another forum for travellers and Bikers called > Horizons Unlimited - THE Motorcycle Travel site another really good site with a very active forum full of international travellers.

I love riding and seeing places slightly off the regular tourist map. Have ridden to quite a few places in maharashtra and around. Some of my ride stories are posted here @ Ride Stories

Had planned and everything was set to do Ladakh in 2006 but sadly as it is sometimes couldn't do the trip then due to family emergencies. Hope fully will try and do it this year. Really good to see such an active community of driving enthusiasts willing to share whatever information and help they can provide. I was introduced to Team BHP by my office colleague in Pune, I think his log in name here is jraj.

I recently migrated to Australia in 2006 and am now without a bike. Hopefully should have a vehicle here soon. Some of my Aussie pics are here.

I think I have a fairly big apetite for good books, have collected around 250 good books at my place in Bombay, and I read mainly non fiction and business/ travel books / autobiographies.
My recent book reviews / recommendations are posted at Memoirs of books well written, (I love Aussie libraries, otherwise couldn't afford to buy these books)

My dream is to some day do an RTW(round the world trip) and this is why I love the HUBB, for the motivation it provides me. So I'm sitting here now and saving up for the BIG trip :-)

In the near future < 2 years, I would love to do an India - Pakistan - Iran Bike ride as to just test waters for the big trip and because I have always felt curious about Pakistan and want to see for myself the country and people who are so close yet so far.

from Team Bhp, I hope to learn and contribute my two cents to the Biker / Bike related topics, now that there are increasing number of bike related topics being posted. Hopefully in the future when I buy a car I can come back to you guys for recommendations :-)

Thanks a lot for your patient reading so far , and if you want reasons as to why we crazy guys still ride a motorcycle see here.

Red Bull,
4 wheels move my body, 2 wheels move my soul.
Old 6th January 2007, 14:15   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow !! Nice intro !! Welcome to Team-bhp !!

Hope you have a great time here.

And you have an amazing chance to get to drive some really nice bikes in Australia. More variety than India
Old 6th January 2007, 17:56   #3

Thanks Nikhil,

Regarding bikes here, well I am just Drooling over the Harley Davidson 2006 range catalogue I got last week. Some really good big bikes here(Unfortunately hopelessly out of my range), lets see will buy a second hand one soon hopefully.
Thanks again and will see you around,
Red Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
Wow !! Nice intro !! Welcome to Team-bhp !!

Hope you have a great time here.

And you have an amazing chance to get to drive some really nice bikes in Australia. More variety than India
Old 7th January 2007, 19:21   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome To Team - Bhp !!!!
Old 7th January 2007, 19:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bull View Post
4 wheels move my body, 2 wheels move my soul.
What a signature!!!!
Old 7th January 2007, 19:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.
Welcome to TBHP.
Old 8th January 2007, 03:22   #7

Thanks Guys,

I look forward to developing an interest in Cars from here:-)

and Thanks Steeroid,
I wish I had coined that phrase :-)
I actually picked it up somewhere from another bikers forum. But it did strike a chord when I read it , really beautiful phrase.
Red bull
4 Wheels move my body, 2 wheels move my soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Welcome to TBHP

What a signature!!!!
Old 8th January 2007, 14:12   #8
BANNED

Welcome!

Slightly OT: Nice signature. When Sameer Kumar was with BSM, he'd written an article comparing today's 4 stroke motorcycles with the earlier 2 stroke motorcycles. He ended the article with:

"As they say, two's company. And four's a bore."
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks