Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2018, 00:23   #1

Elated to become a member of this elite group

This is Shrikant form Pune. I am a businessman.
My 'Hola' to all you Petrolheads.

Ecstatic on getting the opportunity to join you guys on this esteemed forum. Posts by BHPian's have enlightened me so much till now and am sure will in the future. It is a great honour to be a part of this community.

Like all of you here, I too am deeply passionate about all things automobile.

Been lucky to have been driven around in a variety of cars when I was a kid, as my Dad too was a Petrolhead. The mania kinda runs in the family. Have
The ones I can still remember vaguely are Willys Jeep Station Wagon, red Morris Mini, Standard Gazel/Herald, a few Hindustan Ambassadors and Primier Padmini's.
When I learnt driving, we owned a black Premier Padmini circa 1989, when it was a craze as movie Parinda was released and Jackie Shroff was shown driving one.
The first car I bought with my own money was a red Maruti Gypsy at age 22. Need I say more about my passion.

Have also had the pleasure of owning a Puegeot 504 Estate, Maruti Esteem, Opel Astra, a black Skoda Octavia L&K, Mercedes C180 (W203), Mercedes E270CDi (W211) etc.

Currently I drive a Mitsubishi Lancer Diesel.

Eager to continue reading your posts about your experiences and reviews about Automobiles and to be able to post a comment/reply too now being a member.

Keep them coming....
shrikantbhogale is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 10:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Elated to become a member of this elite group

Hi Shrikant,

Welcome to the forum.

You have had some very interesting collection of cars. Do you still have some of these or is the Lancer diesel the only car with you now?

Please do post your experiences with some of these classic cars. It will surely make for an interesting read.

Looking forward to seeing your posts on the forum. Before you start, please take some time off to go through the rules of the forum.
Old 3rd October 2018, 12:23   #3
BHPian

Looks like you’ve had an eclectic collection of cars over the years. Congratulations, and do share some pics, if and when you do post your experiences with these classics.
Welcome to the forum!
Old 3rd October 2018, 17:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrikantbhogale View Post

Have also had the pleasure of owning a Puegeot 504 Estate, Maruti Esteem, Opel Astra, a black Skoda Octavia L&K, Mercedes C180 (W203), Mercedes E270CDi (W211) etc.

Currently I drive a Mitsubishi Lancer Diesel.
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your contributions.

W211 is one of the most elegant looking vehicles in my opinion. That dual barrel headlamp always made me twirl in admiration.
I sometimes spot a black W211, which is used by a city five-star hotel, shining like their floors. Oh, what road presence! It blows the current crop of chrome-heavy vehicles with such ooze and panache. Would trade my current Octavia for a pre-owned W211 in a jiffy.
For me that was the last Merc, to be belonging to the timeless category.

The new Mercs maybe exciting now, but I'm not sure whether I'll like them 5 years from on.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks