Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2018, 17:37   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Better late than never

I used that line in college, it works.

I have been reading this forum for about 10 years now, maybe more - I realized its time to contribute what I know and learn even more about what I dont. Not being able to interact with BD sir is a lost opportunity, considering my interest in Jeeps.

Hello BHPians,

About me :

Location - Bangalore.
Education - Biologist.
Profession - IBMer for 10 years.
Interests - Automobiles (Obvious), Photography, Travel (Particularly a fan of Western Ghats and I drive - No bus - No train - Definitely No flight), Music (Used to be a drummer) and I am curious to know how everything works, even at the expense of ruining it.

So, most petrol heads in India at some point of time must have had an esteem or something similar (maybe Padmini, Zen), a fast , light car - Mine is not much different. I learnt driving using a book and practiced in my dad`s 95 esteem. This car is still around, Dad gifted it to his friend and our driver, who still bring it around sometime, it is in excellent shape.

I drove a lot many vehicles in the driving school, especially a Willys CJ which left a lasting impression on me, that no matter what you make , a Jeep is a Jeep, its a different category of vehicle.

Driving instantly gave me a Rush, and I was hooked from the first drive in my dad`s esteem, I have made it my life`s mission to know just about everything I can about automobiles and also own a Jeep.

Team-BHP also introduced me to this man, BD Sir, his posts are a revelation, it teaches you many things about life, what you wish to have and how to make the best of out what you actually have and most importantly be happy! His life`s work is now parked in my garage, a Jeep that corners like its on rails.

Many thanks to GTO for providing this opportunity.

Thanks, Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Better late than never-dsc02231-1.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 5th October 2018 at 09:52. Reason: Typo
Kosfactor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 10:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Better late than never

Hi Ram,

Welcome to the forum.

You can never truly get rid of your first car. We had a 2000 800 with us and it was sold 8 years back. I can never forget that little car and I hope to see it someday.

Please do write an ownership experience of your Jeep and please share your experiences travelling around the Western Ghats.

Looking forward to seeing your posts on the forum. Please take some time off to go through the rules of the forum.
ChiragM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 13:40   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Hi Ram,

Welcome to the forum.

You can never truly get rid of your first car. We had a 2000 800 with us and it was sold 8 years back. I can never forget that little car and I hope to see it someday.

Please do write an ownership experience of your Jeep and please share your experiences travelling around the Western Ghats.

Looking forward to seeing your posts on the forum. Please take some time off to go through the rules of the forum.

Thanks Chirag,

In my first job (part time), I used to drive around in an 800, 95 model, one day my partner at work (an old man) was at the wheels late into the night, it was raining next thing I know is that we had crashed into an electric pole. Since I had this OCD about seat belts, we both are alive and the car actually has crumble zones in the front, it absorbed the impact well. 40k repair later it was back on the road.

I did notice that the last few model were terribly made in comparison to the first two models. We happened to have a 2006 model later on, my wife came home one day with carpets floating inside the car after driving through deep flooded Bangalore roads, it did well. But unlike the older models, these were poorly built.

I do have to learn to write a travelogue , there is a first time for everything, let's do it soon.

Thanks, Ram
Closed Thread

Most Viewed