Team-BHP - New kid on the block - Come say hi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New kid on the block - Come say hi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/203552-new-kid-block-come-say-hi.html)

Dear Team BHP Members,

I extend my warmest of greetings to you all and appreciations for letting me be a part of this distinguished community.

My name is Niel and I have been lurking this forum for many years catching up on all the latest automotive developments in our country, as well as individuals working relentlessly on their project cars. I would like to thank the founders & members of this forum for making Team BHP synonymous with Indian Automotive Scene.

As my handle suggests, I very much function like a BlueMotion equipped vehicle. I give out information which is relevant and true keeping the unnecessary broscience and faff at bay. I too am energy efficient which means I don't dwell on things which aren't worthwhile & lastly, if my work for the day is done I go to sleep without thinking twice thereby saving energy. :D

As funny as it may sound, I can pinpoint the day, date, time & car that made me realize that I am going to be a petrol head. This phenomenon happened on the last day of my 3rd grade coming back from school when I saw a Skoda Octavia Laurin & Klement. (This point you are thinking how old am I)
The last day was 3rd of April at 2:30 PM after school this encounter happened. I was mesmerised with every deliciate detail and I could not figure out what were those two things sticking out in front of the headlight which I came to know much later those were headlight washers. (WOW Cars have headlight washers too?!). The missing wheel caps made me wonder what kind of rims are these followed with the trunk tray that automatically gets lifted when the trunk lid opens up. It was at that point I knew, my salaries are going to be spent on car parts.

And so I joined the workforce recently after graduating with a masters degree in finance. I am currently working with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance (yes, I will help everyone with competitive premiums if the moderators allow). After saving up and availing finance options I bought my first bike, the KTM RC390 2017 (first one in Pune) as my love for competitive machines extends to two wheelers as well.
This year after collecting some more & borrowing some from the bank, I bought a brand new Volkswagen Polo Pace. (Quite possibly the first pace too as I booked it even before they were available for test drives)
Someone truly said, "Make your son a petrol head and he will never have money for drugs).
From the first day, I have relentlessly saved & spent 30% of the salaries on auto parts without fail every month. Working towards making my KTM a complete track setup and now my Polo a daily commuter which stands out and makes me look back twice as I walk away from it.

Currently, I am drafting my 6 month ownership experience with the Polo after driving it to work everyday, go intercity & lastly a little bit on the rough terrain.
I felt it is my responsibility to give back to the community that taught me a lot about cars which my career choices couldn't.
Watch out for my upcoming thread by the name "New kid On The Block - Volkswagen Polo Pace 6 Month Ownership Experience"

I will be posting every detail I can think of from Why German make to figuring out my car has rear windshield washer too. (VW, you didn't tell me about this) and also list out the changes I aspire to make to my Polo after seeing the possibilities on Need For Speed underground & Underground 2 (NFS - UG2 Mia fans give me a thumbs up). Rest assured i will not be going all ricer on my car.
If anyone would like me to cover a specific detail, then please do post so in your reply. Hoping I get to finish my draft soon & earn my Team BHP Sticker.

Once again, thank you letting me into your family and I hope I got this initiation ceremony right.

Best Regards
Niel

Welcome Niel.
Wishing you many years of fun and learning on TBHP....

Coincidentally, I ve been with Bajaj Allianz for the last 7 years that I ve owned my present car (a Yeti) and am up for renewal at the end of November!

Welcome aboard Niel! Well-written intro, great to have you with us :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMotionBrain (Post 4492321)
As my handle suggests, I very much function like a BlueMotion equipped vehicle. I give out information which is relevant and true keeping the unnecessary broscience and faff at bay. I too am energy efficient which means I don't dwell on things which aren't worthwhile & lastly, if my work for the day is done I go to sleep without thinking twice thereby saving energy.

rl:

Quote:

This phenomenon happened on the last day of my 3rd grade coming back from school when I saw a Skoda Octavia Laurin & Klement. (This point you are thinking how old am I)
The last day was 3rd of April at 2:30 PM after school this encounter happened. I was mesmerised with every deliciate detail
You just reminded me of a day that me & a buddy were on the way back from school. In the lane behind my house, we spotted a white Maruti 1000 parked inside a building. We dropped our bags and ran toward it, running our hands over its curves and drooling over the interior layout. It was the most futuristic thing I'd ever seen in 1990. 4 lakh rupees or so it cost then and a lot of people who bought one were raided by the Income Tax department.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMotionBrain (Post 4492321)
Dear Team BHP Members,

My name is Niel

Hi (What? I did as you asked in the title, to come in and say Hi)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4492657)
we spotted a white Maruti 1000 parked inside a building....and a lot of people who bought one were raided by the Income Tax department.

My dad used to tell me about Daewoo Cielos and IT raids in the '90s. Interesting! but then again, the 1000 was advanced for its time as you said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 4492357)
Welcome Niel.
Wishing you many years of fun and learning on TBHP....

Coincidentally, I ve been with Bajaj Allianz for the last 7 years that I ve owned my present car (a Yeti) and am up for renewal at the end of November!

Thank you Shankar. I will be glad to assist you with your insurance renewal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4492657)
Welcome aboard Niel! Well-written intro, great to have you with us :).

rl:

You just reminded me of a day that me & a buddy were on the way back from school. In the lane behind my house, we spotted a white Maruti 1000 parked inside a building. We dropped our bags and ran toward it, running our hands over its curves and drooling over the interior layout. It was the most futuristic thing I'd ever seen in 1990. 4 lakh rupees or so it cost then and a lot of people who bought one were raided by the Income Tax department.

We have come a long way there, haven't we? Nobody forgets their first four wheeled love.

Quote:

Originally Posted by locusjag (Post 4492733)
Hi (What? I did as you asked in the title, to come in and say Hi)

Fair point there! agree:

Hey Niel! Those are some awesome choices you have made. A properly kitted RC390 ridden by a guy who knows what he's doing has the potential to show a litre class a clean pair of heels. It's like the GT-R of the bike world. Have fun munching miles on both of your beasts.

just a small query, how exactly do you apply for membership?

Quote:

Originally Posted by revsperminute (Post 4493129)
Hey Niel! Those are some awesome choices you have made. A properly kitted RC390 ridden by a guy who knows what he's doing has the potential to show a litre class a clean pair of heels. It's like the GT-R of the bike world. Have fun munching miles on both of your beasts.

Hey Mate,

Thank you for the kind words! I was always fascinated by track machines and thought KTM is the best option for city riding plus a track setup! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhu (Post 4493215)
just a small query, how exactly do you apply for membership?

Hi Sridhu,

There is a contact form which we are suppose to fill out or one could directly move onto the registration page and fill out the questions in the most descriptive fashion. If they head honchos find you okay then one gets accepted.