Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2018, 15:47   #1
HrB
BHPian

A glimpse of me!

First of all, let me offer my heartfelt gratitude to Team-BHP for accepting my request for membership in this amazing world of Petrol Heads of India. I am yet to recover from the ‘shock of euphoria’ that I received when THE mail with subject line ‘Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!’ arrived at my inbox. The fact that my request was approved within 24 hours only added to the joy.

Hello everyone! I am Hrishiraj and live in Guwahati, Assam. On the other side of the 40s and working with Tata Consultancy Services, I got introduced to Team-BHP some 7 years back while looking for a review of then launched Hyundai Verna which my brother was considering to purchase. Over the years, my respect and admiration for this forum has only enhanced and could not see myself out of this community any more.

My passion for cars began at a very young age. My father used to own a Willys LHD Jeep for almost 10 years and the first 8-9 years of my childhood was spent travelling on this vehicle. Before I could realize that my father was driving a special vehicle, it was sold off for a second hand Ambassador (Mark-I converted into a Mark-IV by its original owner). Spent the next 18 years with this and was lucky enough to be able to drive it for few years before it was sold off. For records, the car was 36 years old when we decided to graduate to a Maruti 800.

Over the years we have owned many cars like Maruti 800, Alto 800, Wagon R, Omni, Santro, i10 and Verna. At present our garage at home has one Alto K10 owned by my father, a Vitara Brezza owned by my brother and a Jazz CVT owned by me. My next possible shift would be to a 7/8 seater vehicle as I live in a joint family and we mostly travel together. Having a bigger vehicle would definitely be a boon for all of us. Mahindra Marazzo is one vehicle both myself and my wife are pretty impressed with. This vehicle might actually end up in our garage unless we are presented with another better option by some other car maker soon enough.

I love to spend my spare time with my ever busy wife, my precocious daughter and my mischievous son who simply refuses to grow up. When not with them, cricket is what I like to watch and discuss.

I am new to the forum as a member and it would surely take some time to soak the feeling in and then become a regular contributor to the forum. Rest assured, I have some really interesting anecdotes to share which I’m sure, everyone would like to read.

Thank you once again from the core of my heart.

Warm regards,

Hrishiraj
HrB is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 09:20   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A glimpse of me!

Welcome Hrishiraj! It's great to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HrB View Post
On the other side of the 40s
As us mid-aged folk will say, life does get better in the 40s .

Quote:
Over the years, my respect and admiration for this forum has only enhanced and could not see myself out of this community any more.
With the way you write, am glad you took the plunge!

Quote:
Mahindra Marazzo is one vehicle both myself and my wife are pretty impressed with.
I was too. Very good MPV. Would still suggest checking out the Ertiga (launching today) and waiting for our Official Review.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 10:48   #3
HrB
BHPian

Thank you GTO. Now that you said it, I'm definitely going to wait for the official review of the Ertiga. It's Maruti's light build quality that I'm not a very big fan of.
HrB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 20:59   #4
BANNED

Re: A glimpse of me!

Welcome to the forum. From 2019 Jan 9th, I could say I work in the same company as yours. Good to know that you actually consider build quality while looking for cars.
Old 25th November 2018, 18:35   #5
HrB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Welcome to the forum. From 2019 Jan 9th, I could say I work in the same company as yours. Good to know that you actually consider build quality while looking for cars.
Thanks pavi. It'll be nice that we'll have two platforms to communicate with each other. I'll look forward to hearing from you once you join on the 9th. And yes, I would prefer a safe vehicle over anything else any day. Nothing can be more important than the safety of my loved ones.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks