Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2007, 08:17   #1

Hi All

My name is V Gupta. I am a software Engineer in Bangalore. I have been driving a Honda City Vtec for the last 5 years and wanted to buy a new car. Started looking around in the net for the last few weeks and let me tell you this is the best forum I have come across and there is no second. Have been reading all the threads and it has really helped me make a decision. Been confused between Honda Civic & Skoda Laura and have decided on the Laura. (for now atleast , until i get confused some more )

Thanks everyone.
Old 11th January 2007, 17:32   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgupta View Post
I have been driving a Honda City Vtec for the last 5 years and wanted to buy a new car.
I bet there will be a lot of people interested in what is going to happen to your vtec after you get a new car!

Welcome aboard, and thank you for your compliments on behalf of everyone here.

cya
R
Old 11th January 2007, 18:31   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgupta View Post
Been confused between Honda Civic & Skoda Laura and have decided on the Laura. (for now atleast , until i get confused some more .Thanks everyone.
Okay, first of all great having you with us. & Now to confuse you some more. With the Civic you get CUTTING EDGE of design, technology for 10 something,..with the Laura you also get a fulling loaded D segmenter,.. However for the extra money asking you could almost buy an accord ??!!

Thuroughly confused now!! Great,..the argumenst never end. So GO FOLLOW YOUR HEART, & if you are sensible the head might not be far behind !! But Heart first,.that the secret of a blissful ownership !
Old 12th January 2007, 07:50   #4

Hi Torque-ative Thanks for the confusion .. I just don't seem to like the accord, i differed my decision to this month just to see the new model, yes it is better but not enough to swing my decision.

I test drove the civic and it was great and i was instantly comfortable with it mainly maybe since I have been driving the city vtec for such a long time, the dashboard was especially very impressive.

I am a bigh fan of gizmos thought not sure if I going to use even 1/10th of it , i just like laura for all the extras, but was not as happy with the test drive which I did on manual ( the stupid dealer said there was some problem witht the clutch and not sure why these use a bad car for test drive), i am planning to do another test drive next week using the AT and that should help me close the deal.
Old 12th January 2007, 07:56   #5

Rehaan, I bought my car in April 2002 and has done around 82000 kilometers so far. Couple of months I had a bad accident when someone rammed my car from behind and had extensive body damage in the back and some in the front as I hit another car in from of me (total bill of about 1.5 laks, had to pay 50K out of my pocket ), I am told that this brings down the resale value drastically. Still doing some research on that.
Old 12th January 2007, 10:34   #6
BHPian

vgupta,
welcome aboard, ur name sound familiar to me as my DM’s name was similar by any chance are you the same one? He also owned Honda city.
Laura is a fantastic car, but it’s very expensive just check out the new Honda Accord you’ll for sure buy it take my word.
Thanks,
.../Mega
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks