Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2018, 16:38   #1
BHPian

Proud to finally be a part of the Team-BHP family!

Hello, all.
My name's Sai Shankar and just wanted to drop by to get to meet everyone at this awesome forum. I've been a silent reader for the better part of half a decade now and I did try a couple of times to get in, but couldn't and I think it was justified as I feel I wasn't ready at that time. I felt I was finally ready to become a full fledged member of Team-BHP and handle all the responsibilities that come with it with the utmost care, so I sent in another request for membership and I was accepted, and I have been ecstatic for the past five days and I can't stop believing it's finally come true.

About me, I'm a Mechatronics Engineering student and I'm currently in the process of finishing the half way mark i.e. my third semester exams are going on. I'm privileged to live in one of the best temple towns in the state, Guruvayur in the district of Thrissur, Kerala.

I aspire to graduate as a mechatronics engineer, which would finally make me point my career, as well, towards automobiles and robots.
To be honest, I wasn't really a petrolhead right after I was born, actually I was pretty much indifferent to everything ( except a weird love for robots, which made me choose what my graduation course would be ) in my childhood, but I owe it to my father for having brought out that part of me during my early teenage years and now the only thing that shows up on my YouTube feed are cars, cars and more cars.

My family currently owns a Tata Tiago XZ Petrol in the Berry Red flavour ( no pun intended ). And in the past we owned the cute little car that put the nation on wheels, a white Maruti 800. We hope to own a Nexon XZ diesel by the end of next year in the same cute red colour and although I knew Tata was at the top when it came to matters of build quality and safety, the recent crash test results have done nothing but cement my decision to go with the Nexon. I know I have made the right choice, and I did that because of the wonderful ownerships reviews and the straight-to-the-point official team-BHP review. Although this is the first time we're going with a diesel car and it's completely uncharted territory for us. In my own family, my brother-in-law owns a Jazz, which again is a petrol and there are several petrol Amazes and Citys in the extended family. So yes, petrol Japanese cars seem to run deep.
As of now, I haven't yet done any mods on the Tiago yet apart from the lovely team BHP sticker I have on the rear side.

Now that I've introduced myself, I'd like you all to know that I will try my level best to make a positive difference to this wonderful forum.
My hobbies apart from automobiles, is photography and I do share one passion which a lot of members here also love doing and that is chasing new cars for spy shots. I haven't always had the time to pursue this interesting hobby but as my vacations are coming up, I hope I can go head on and get something meaningful.

Again, I'm extremely privileged to be a part of this prestigious forum and I hope to contribute a lot. Now, I cannot call out any specific member that I can say have inspired me the most as all of the members I've seen here are awesome, but if I was hard-pressed, I'd like to mention Dr.Naren. I have followed his posts and threads for sometime now and I like his posts very much. And God, do I love his 1.6L turbo rocket.

Cheers, everybody.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th December 2018 at 17:53. Reason: Paragraph space added for better readability
SaiSW is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 18:12   #2
BHPian

Re: Proud to finally be a part of the Team-BHP family!

Hello Sai,

Let me be the first one to congratulate you for cracking the litmus test and being a part of this wonderful community.

Happy to see yet another fellow from Guruvayoor. Just so you know, I was born and raised in Chavakkad before I moved out for my education and then work.

See you around. With your interest in capturing exotics, you wouldn’t be disappointed at all since we have a lot of fun garages with some neat looking cars.

When you are chasing new cars for spy shots, be careful and remember that safety is the utmost priority than capturing the subject.

Cheers,
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 09:13   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP. Very happy to hear that you like my posts and S-Cross.

I would be driving to Kochi next month, let's catch up at Thrissur .
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 11:35   #4
BANNED

Welcome to team-bhp.

If ever you are going for that red Nexon, try to paint the white strips in glossy black which in my opinion would sweet on a red car. I know I jumped the gun, but could hold back myself.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 17:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Hello Sai,

Let me be the first one to congratulate you for cracking the litmus test and being a part of this wonderful community.

Happy to see yet another fellow from Guruvayoor. Just so you know, I was born and raised in Chavakkad before I moved out for my education and then work.

See you around. With your interest in capturing exotics, you wouldn’t be disappointed at all since we have a lot of fun garages with some neat looking cars.

When you are chasing new cars for spy shots, be careful and remember that safety is the utmost priority than capturing the subject.

Cheers,
R-Six
Seems like I really did get lucky this time. Not only did I manage to get into team-BHP but also managed to meet a fellow BHPian from my home town.
Yes, I'm pretty familiar with Chavakkad, I did my school till 10th at the Amrita vidyalayam there. I'm very happy to have met you, R-Six.
I don't know if I'm supposed to ask this, but may I know your personal garage? Do you also own a hatchback?
And yep, safety is paramount, but times haven't really been good. I'm yet to come across a single camouflaged car, after roaming around the district. I've spent close to 2000rs worth of petrol roaming around last vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Welcome to Team BHP. Very happy to hear that you like my posts and S-Cross.

I would be driving to Kochi next month, let's catch up at Thrissur .
Happy to finally have talked with you, Dr.Naren.
I'm going for an college sponsored internship next month, otherwise would have jumped at the first opportunity to meet you. I'm really happy that you enjoy the 1.6l, a friend of mine has the 1.6l and I was able to experience the torque wave firsthand. Truly an enthusiast's machine.

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd December 2018 at 18:35. Reason: Two smilies + back to back post
Old 22nd December 2018, 22:33   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
but may I know your personal garage?
Why not!

I have a Hyundai i10 1.2 Magna, a Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 and an Activa for local runs here in Ahmedabad.

Back home in Chavakkad, I have a 17-year-old Yamaha YBX and a Tata Safari Dicor 3.0 apart from a scooter for local errands.
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks