Team-BHP - Hello Team-BHP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/205721-hello-team-bhp.html)

Hello folks!

First off, a big thanks for letting me into the Team-BHP community - a community that has been, for the last 11 years, my sole guide for anything 'automobiles' and everything 'road-trips'. Looking forward to a super exciting journey from here on!

About me - I currently live in Bangalore, where I moved to after finishing my engineering 10 years ago. However, my love for automobiles had kindled long back. As a kid, I was fascinated by the tv series' 'Knight Rider' and 'Street Hawk'. I used to collect hot wheels and my favorite pastime was to tinker with my grandfather's discarded Suvega. Fast forward to college, I got a chance to build a vehicle that could be folded into a suitcase. Built from a 50cc engine scavenged from a TVS moped, the project gave me a just few seconds of airtime on national television, but a lifetime of automobile dreams in my heart. Recently, even more fun was building a full scale glider, to fly myself in, for redbull's Flugtag event. Well, that glider crashed in its first flight itself, but in the process, I did discover a new hobby in paragliding.

My love for automobiles and a passion for travel meant just one thing - road trips. I bought my first motorcycle 10 years back and my first car about a year ago. Both, my car and my motorcycle, share an equal part of my love. And in the last 10 years, I have driven or motorcycled through 'every' state in the country - always solo and always starting from Bangalore. I'm fond of unique cultures and like to explore off beat places. My recent month-long solo bike trip to the Northeast is something i'm looking forward to share here soon.

Currently, I own:
- VW Polo GT TSI
- Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500

Outside of automobiles, I work in the field of corporate strategy. Music is love - and i'm a fairly regular face at karaokes in Bangalore. I love poker and I also love to write code for fun. Trading options is another hobby that I actively pursue.

Eagerly looking forward to continuing learning, contributing to, and interacting with you all BHPians in this great forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binozene (Post 4529405)
Hello folks!

First off, a big thanks for letting me into the Team-BHP community - a community that has been, for the last 11 years, my sole guide for anything 'automobiles' and everything 'road-trips'. Looking forward to a super exciting journey from here on!

Welcome, Binozene!

Quote:

Recently, even more fun was building a full scale glider, to fly myself in, for redbull's Flugtag event. Well, that glider crashed in its first flight itself, but in the process, I did discover a new hobby in paragliding.

That sounds fascinating! Was it in Austria? Would love to hear more about your experience with Flugtag event. A separate thread may be?please:

Quote:

My recent month-long solo bike trip to the Northeast is something i'm looking forward to share here soon.

Popcorns already ordered! Waiting eagerly.

Quote:

Eagerly looking forward to continuing learning, contributing to, and interacting with you all BHPians in this great forum.

:thumbs up

Welcome to Team-BHP! Do share some pics of your VW Polo & Enfield Thunderbird. And some select pics from your biking adventures.

Quote:

Trading options is another hobby that I actively pursue.

And how is that turning out so far? What do you trade - Nifty, Banknifty or USDINR?