Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2019, 21:09   #1

Hello my fellow enthusiasts

First I would like to thank Team-BHP for accepting me into the community. I came across Team-BHP a few years ago when browsing for reviews on automobiles.

I am a Civil Engineer by profession and have worked in the building, oil and road design and construction sectors in India and overseas. I started driving at a very young age and have done so for the last 40 plus years here and abroad. I learnt on my dads Ambassador and then progressively owned a Padmini, Maruti 800, Maruti Van and a Contessa before I left the country. I was very lucky overseas to land in jobs where they changed allotted cars every year so I have driven Ford Falcons, GMH Commodores, Camrys, Ford Mondeo's, RAV4, Toyota Kluger, Subaru Forrestor and the like. I was also fortunate to manage vehicle fleets as part of my job including, trucks, garbage compactors etc

I am lucky to live in India part time and as part of that process bought a Tata Nexon XZA Plus Revotorq in October 2018 after going through many comments and reviews on this forum so thank you. I do really like the vehicle for its safety, refinement and economy. I feel our country is catching up fast with international standards but there is scope for improvement. One thing stands out in India our driving standards and discipline needs to improve for the welfare of everyone who drives, rides and walks. I also own a Ford Territory TDCi overseas as well as a Honda CBX 550.

Once again thank you for accepting me into your community

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th February 2019 at 15:46. Reason: Editing
Edaks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2019, 02:19   #2
BANNED

Re: Hello my fellow enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edaks View Post
Once again thank you for accepting me into your community
Hi Edak's, welcome to TeamBhp!

Quote:
Honda CBX 550.
I sure hope you'd come up with a detailed ownership thread with a lot of pictures!

Would love to know in detail about the motorcycle as we in India completely skipped that generation of motorcycles and time warped from 2V single pots to lean manufactured 4V high compression single pots.
Old 11th February 2019, 14:21   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Hi Edak's, welcome to TeamBhp!

I sure hope you'd come up with a detailed ownership thread with a lot of pictures!

Would love to know in detail about the motorcycle as we in India completely skipped that generation of motorcycles and time warped from 2V single pots to lean manufactured 4V high compression single pots.
Great bike, pulls strongly in high gears, very manoeuvrable, I have done about 130 kmh and very stable on the freeways where large semitrailers are doing 110kmh
Attached Thumbnails
Hello my fellow enthusiasts-img_20171121_184837555a.jpg  

Hello my fellow enthusiasts-img_20171121_184853122b.jpg  

Hello my fellow enthusiasts-img_20171121_184749995a.jpg  

Edaks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 15:14   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Great bike, pulls strongly in high gears, very manoeuvrable, I have done about 130 kmh and very stable on the freeways where large semitrailers are doing 110kmh
Oopsie that's a CB500X, I thought you were referring to the CBX550 which came with 4 cylinders and a unique disk setup, had read an article about them being pretty rare hence the curiosity.

Anyhow the CB500X is also a swell motorcycle, hope you cover several miles on it.

Ride Safe.
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 15:32   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hi Edaks,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here.

That's a lovely bike you have there We would love to have an ownership review from you. As you have owned 8 more car, you inputs should help other BHPians if they have any queries.

Quote:
I learnt on my dads Ambassador and then progressively owned a Padmini, Maruti 800, Maruti Van and a Contessa before I left the country.
I've had most of these cars in my family as well. I have many fond memories of them.

Quote:
I was very lucky overseas to land in jobs where they changed allotted cars every year so I have driven Ford Falcons, GMH Commodores, Camrys, Ford Mondeo's, RAV4, Toyota Kluger, Subaru Forrestor and the like. I was also fortunate to manage vehicle fleets as part of my job including, trucks, garbage compactors etc
You have lots of experience. I'm sure your posts will be beneficial to all BHPians.

Quote:
I am lucky to live in India part time and as part of that process bought a Tata Nexon XZA Plus Revotorq in October 2018 after going through many comments and reviews on this forum so thank you. I do really like the vehicle for its safety, refinement and economy.
Good to know that Team-BHP's review has helped you in selecting your car.

Quote:
I feel our country is catching up fast with international standards but there is scope for improvement. One thing stands out in India our driving standards and discipline needs to improve for the welfare of everyone who drives, rides and walks.
Well said. It's peoples' mindset that need to change.

Please take some time to go through the posting rules of Team-BHP.

See you on the forum.
Old 12th February 2019, 10:55   #6

Quote:
Oopsie that's a CB500X, I thought you were referring to the CBX550 which came with 4 cylinders and a unique disk setup, had read an article about them being pretty rare hence the curiosity.

Anyhow the CB500X is also a swell motorcycle, hope you cover several miles on it.

Ride Safe.
A.P.
Yes, you are indeed right, I am getting sloppy in my writing. I was thinking about a CB650R which was the one I wanted to buy, so ended up typing 550. My apologies. I think one day I will end up with a Suzuki V-Strom 650. I will update my experiences with the CB500X when I return to Australia. At the moment it is sitting in the garage doing nothing.

Quote:

Ride Safe.
A.P.
Also forgot to mention I still own a Yezdi 25o in India, but mothballed

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th February 2019 at 12:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
Edaks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 12:42   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, you are indeed right, I am getting sloppy in my writing. I was thinking about a CB650R which was the one I wanted to buy, so ended up typing 550. My apologies. I think one day I will end up with a Suzuki V-Strom 650. I will update my experiences with the CB500X when I return to Australia. At the moment it is sitting in the garage doing nothing.
Happens to the best of us, I myself fantasize about a certain big-ugly motorcycle that I wouldn't dare reveal until the day I'd be putting up an ownership thread for the same, fingers crossed!

As for the V-Strom, no reason to second guess that choice, Suzuki has sweetened the package which makes even considering other options in the range illogical.

But in hindsight I'd still say you should keep an eye out for the last iteration of the KLR650, though it won't come anywhere close to the VStrom when it comes to VFM or Goodies, since its production has come to an end I feel that the motorcycle would go up in value both intrinsically and extrinsically in the coming years.

As the saying goes 'There's ain't no School like the Old School!'

Quote:
Also forgot to mention I still own a Yezdi 25o in India, but mothballed
A timeless machine indeed, from the time I got to know that Yezdi's have been indestructible I've been having that itch to ride one across the length and breadth of the country as far as I could, to test the claim.

Hope you get to experience that when you're back in the country.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks