Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2019, 21:00   #1
BHPian

Hello everyone

Hi everyone, I am Nayan. I got my membership approved on 15th birthday of Team-BHP. What a coincidence..! (Same time, I was feeling sad as well, due to Pulwama terror attack).

I am following Team-BHP regularly since 2013. That time I was in Bangalore and using two wheeler (Honda Activa). I was seriously planning to buy Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI MT. So while browsing internet for Rapid, I came across Team-BHP and was surprised to see so much information was available on Team-BHP website and all that was posted by owners. It is because of Team-BHP that I became aware of the horror stories of Skoda. It helped me so much. I immediately shifted my focus to other car manufacturers. I started surfing all the official reviews and ownership threads. Since I was quite impressed by Rapid, I decided to go for VW Vento 1.6 TDI MT. I booked Vento by paying advance to VW dealer in Nashik, Maharashtra. It was the same time when news of Bangalore RTO harassing owners of the outstation registration cars started surfacing on Team-BHP. Again Team-BHP saved me. I cancelled my Vento booking since I was not going to stay in Bangalore for more than next 1 or 2 years.

So there was no point in buying a car in Bangalore. I shifted to Delhi in February 2016. But I could not dare to buy a new car seeing the parking problem. As a tenant, I was not allotted dedicated parking space. So I got my brother's old Maruti Zen Estilo 2010 (K series model). Till now it is serving me well. Not a single day goes when I have not visited Team-BHP, either on laptop or mobile. So much so that, I had to promise myself not to visit the website for 2 months while preparing for final exams, just to save precious time.

Now finally my membership is approved and I am feeling elated.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd February 2019 at 01:20. Reason: Spacing, typo.
Nayan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 12:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
Hi everyone, I am Nayan. I got my membership approved on 15th birthday of Team-BHP.
Welcome aboard Nayan! Glad to see you amongst us, that too on such a special day!

Quote:
I am following Team-BHP regularly since 2013. That time I was in Bangalore and using two wheeler (Honda Activa).
So you have experienced the (in)famous Bangalore traffic. Some say, all other traffic jams pale in comparison to what you guys experience on a day to day basis.

Quote:
It was the same time when news of Bangalore RTO harassing owners of the outstation registration cars started surfacing on Team-BHP. Again Team-BHP saved me. I cancelled my Vento booking since I was not going to stay in Bangalore for more than next 1 or 2 years. So there was no point in buying a car in Bangalore.
The road tax structure is pretty terrible for those moving frequently due to work and the tax in KA is ever higher than other states, so no respite. I think you took the right decision to postpone the car purchase.

Quote:
I shifted to Delhi in February 2016. So I got my brother's old Maruti Zen Estilo 2010 (K series model). Till now it is serving me well.
Hows the car holding up? Do post an ownership report of the same.

Quote:
Not a single day goes when I have not visited Team-BHP, either on laptop or mobile. So much so that, I had to promise myself not to visit the website for 2 months while preparing for final exams, just to save precious time.
Haha, yes, at times Team-BHP does get addictive.

Once again, welcome to the forum and looking forward to your posts. However, before you begin, do take a look at the forum rules once.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 21:50   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Welcome aboard Nayan! Glad to see you amongst us, that too on such a special day!
Thanks blackwasp.
Of course I can't forget the Bangalore traffic..! But it was bearable to me since i used to drive 2 wheeler. Here in Delhi, traffic is not a huge problem (even in car) as it was used to be in Bangalore on two wheeler, at least not in central Delhi. After 5 pm on weekdays, it was headache to drive from NIMHANS towards Jayadeva hospital on Banngerghatta road. I feel road width is very less in Bangalore, hardly 2 lanes even for major city roads. But I really miss the Bangalore weather.

My car is doing good. Till now, odometer 79,000+ km. Recently I did Delhi to Statue of Unity road trip, approx 2,200 km in 3 days. First day Delhi to Vadodara, 2nd day at SOU and 3rd day, Vadodara to Delhi. Planning to pen down travelogue as soon as I get time from work schedule. Have done similar long road trips before as well (Delhi to nashik nonstop -1300 km and again nonstop return journey, Delhi to Rahtang Pass, Delhi to Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer - Delhi, approx 2,200 km in 4 days). Now I am planning to visit Amritsar and Wagha border.

Thanks again.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd February 2019 at 11:21. Reason: compacted quoted post
Nayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 23:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nayan, welcome to team-bhp !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan
I shifted to Delhi in February 2016. But I could not dare to buy a new car seeing the parking problem. As a tenant, I was not allotted dedicated parking space.
I used to travel to Delhi on work during '94-96 and even in those days when car ownership wasn't so high, was amazed to see the streets in residential areas lined with cars at night. This was in the New Rajinder Nagar area.

Cheers,
-SB-
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks