Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2019, 19:55   #1

Hello Team-BHP

Hello everyone,
I am Rakesh Singh. my home town is Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. I work in Tata Steel.

First of all I thank Moderators to let me become the part of Team BHP family.

My salute to all the road and machine lovers, I feel so proud to be part of this community. Since childhood, I was so much attached to the machines that many a times it was considered as abnormality in behavior. To give you a small example, as a small kid I used to travel to native place in state transport bus with family. This used to be a overnight trip. During the whole journey I used to stand and see the road ahead and never fall asleep even for a moment. Even the co-passengers used to complain to my father that this child did not sleep for a moment whole night. My role models were Bus and Truck drivers, Train Drivers and road side mechanics.

After some time even I also started considering myself somewhat different from normal human being. This continued till I started reading Team-BHP few years back. To tell you the truth I felt like home here. I was surprised to see that there are many who think like me and are mad about riding, driving and machines. Now I did not feel absurd while driving my car for 1100 kms in one go from Jamshedpur to Agra. I must thank my wife, she also gave up after some time and gradually became petrol head like me. Now on every ride or drive she used to be my companion. Its the Team BHP who gave me confidence and strength to drive to many of the difficult mountain destinations. You believe me or not its Team BHP who encouraged me to buy a Harley Davidson at an age of 51 and it never felt unusual to me.

Once again thanks everyone to let me on-board.

Hello Team-BHP-img_8867.jpg

Hello Team-BHP-img_1402.jpg

Hello Team-BHP-img_1178.jpg

Hello Team-BHP-img_4386.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th February 2019 at 04:23. Reason: Edited for formatting,
ridewithpride is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 12:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP

Hey Rakesh, welcome to team-bhp !!!

I have been to Jamshedpur few times, long long ago on work - guess it was like 2 decades ago. Nice place.

Enjoy your stay here, with like-minded folks (as you put it).
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 15:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hello ridewithpride,

Welcome to the forum.

Please do tells us about the cars you own and the vehicles you have owned in the past. I see that you have a Chevrolet Beat and a Mahindra XUV500. Do share ownership reviews of the cars and the Harley.

Looking forward to seeing your posts on the forum.

Please take some time to go through the posting rules of Team-BHP.
ChiragM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 22:37   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Hello ridewithpride,

Welcome to the forum.

Please do tells us about the cars you own and the vehicles you have owned in the past. I see that you have a Chevrolet Beat and a Mahindra XUV500. Do share ownership reviews of the cars and the Harley.

Looking forward to seeing your posts on the forum.

Please take some time to go through the posting rules of Team-BHP.
The past vehicles I owned or driven are -
1. Vespa Piaggio 150 - Learnt to ride scooter on my Dad's Vespa in 1978 when I was in class 8.
2. Ambassador Mark 4 - Learnt drive car in my Dad's Ambassador Mark 4 in 1987 during my engineering collage days. I continued to love driving Ambassador till year 2000. During all these years, I did lots of modifications in my Amby, Floor gear, Maruti style dash board, cushioned seats, new thermocol lined roof upholstery, Maruti style steering to name a few. During these days I spent lots of time sitting with road side mechanics, learnt a lot from them about automobile.
3. Hero Honda CD100 - Bought Hero Honda in year 1991, one month after joining my first job in Tata Steel. Sold it in year 2001.
4. Hyundai santro - Bought Santro in year 2000 after selling Amby the old war horse. The Santro remained with me till 2006.
5. Bullet Electra 350 - Bought in year 2002 and sold in 2017. I loved my Bullet the most among all the vehicles owned.
6. Bought Maruti SX4 in year 2006. This was the time I started doing long trips. Darjeeling, Gangtok, Pokhra, Kathmandu are the few destinations I visited to. Sold SX4 in year 2014.
7. TVS Scooty - Bought this for my wife in year 2007. She learnt riding on this Scooty.
8. Chevrolet Beat Diesel - Bought this car for wife in year 2012. We still own this car.
8. Mahindra Rodeo 125 CC - Replaced Scooty with Rodeo in year 2012.
9. Mahindra XUV 500 AWD - Bought XUV in 2014, the car I currently own. This is when I stared doing some serious driving trips, to name a few - Rajasthan in 2014, Leh in 2015, Auli and Badrinath in 2016, North Sikkim and Gurudogmar lake in 2016, Bhutan in 2017, Sikkim SILK route in 2018 etc.
10. Harley Davidson Custom 1200 - Bought Harley in 2017, clocked 14000 km on it till now and the longest trip is 500 KM to Puri.

Hello Team-BHP-cnv000002.jpg

Hello Team-BHP-img_1811.jpg

Hello Team-BHP-img_3580.jpg

Hello Team-BHP-img_3771.jpg
ridewithpride is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks