Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2019, 22:26   #1

Hello fellow BHPians!

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

Firstly, I would like to the moderators for accepting me into this automotive nirvana.
I am soumyasomani. I was born in Roorkee (Uttarakhand) and brought up in Hyderabad. I am currently 21 years old and pursuing a B.Tech in Computer Science.
My love and passion for cars started when I was very young. In fact, my Mom insists that the very first word that I said when I learnt to talk was "CAR". She has always been proud of the fact that her son could name most of the cars on the road by their exact makes and models. I was never taught to drive by my Mom or Dad. I can't remember how I learnt rev-matching (heel and toe) while downshifting, left foot braking or to utilise engine braking to slow down. It just all felt very natural and familiar to me.

The cars that my family has owned are:
1. 2002 Maruti WagonR LXi (Silky Silver)- Sold in 2016 at 57,000 Kms
2. 2013 Ford Figo EXi 1.4 TDCi (Panther Black) - Sold in June 2018 at 37,000 Kms
3. 2016 Ford Figo Trend 1.2 Ti-VCT (Ruby Red) - Currently at 38,000 Kms
4. 2018 Ford Figo S 1.5 TDCi (Moondust Silver) - Currently at 8000 Kms

1. This was our family's first car. We bought it in December 2002 and it is the car I most fondly remember. It was the first car that I was allowed to drive. It was the car that I learned heel and toe downshifting in and the car that I drove to my first date.

2. We bought this car in January 2013. It was the first diesel car and the first forced induction car that we owned. I fell in love with this car as soon as I drove it. It had such beautiful handling. My Dad got the pete's box installed on it. This boosted the power to 83 BHP (from 68 BHP). It was so much fun to drive it and was very hard to part with it.

3. I got her as a birthday gift on my 19th birthday. This is the car that I love the most since it is MY baby. I have driven her from Hyderabad to Pune to Mumbai, from Pune to Chandigarh (with fellow BHPian Mr.501), from Chandigarh to Roorkee and to so many more places. I fondly refer to her as "Figi".

4. This is the latest addition to our garage. I fell so much in love with the Figo's beautiful handling that I convinced my Dad to get the Figo S. I feel it is the best hot hatch in India right now. The suspension set up is perfect and the 1.5 TDCi has no apparent turbo lag. There's oodles of torque and 100 BHP available on tap.

Hello fellow BHPians!-img_20181004_181700.jpg

Hello fellow BHPians!-img_20181004_181736.jpg

Hello fellow BHPians!-img_20181106_100201.jpg

So, this is me signing off. And once again I am very thankful to be a part of this wonderful forum.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd February 2019 at 00:19. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
soumyasomani is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 08:22   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello fellow BHPians!

Welcome to the club mate!
The P2C trip was marvellous to say the least, stoked to see you here.
Mr.501 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 08:47   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hello fellow BHPians!

Welcome to Team BHP. Very nice to see young people like you being admitted to the forum. The perspective of the youth always enriches a forum. Please read the rules carefully. Our Moderators are quite strict no matter who you are. Treat this as a exchange of ideas and a platform to learn from and not as a chat room to pour out anger or exasperation. Drive safely young man. I drove quite stupidly at times at your age. Hope you don't do that. Best of luck.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks