Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2019, 10:45   #1
BHPian

Greetings, fellow BHPians!

My alarm goes off at 7am, and I slowly open one eye first, then the other (as usual). Instinctively, my right hand reaches out and hovers over the bedside table looking for the rectangular object that we are all familiar with. I hold my hand over my face, pull down the notification panel from the top and notice an email. I lose control of my hand and the phone falls WHAM! on my face. For the first time in life, I ignore the pain, get up, put my glasses on, and read the email subject again. I'm ecstatic, to say the least.

I had stumbled upon Team-BHP exactly a year back. My family was looking for its first car, and I had convinced them to go the pre-worshipped way since I was yet to learn driving, and learning on a pre-owned car (and damaging it, my parents thought) was better than learning on a brand new car. Assigned with the job of finding a car, I came across a 2002 Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX being sold for peanuts, and the seller lived a couple of blocks away too. I was sold without even seeing the car, or knowing anything about it! Here was an uncommon car, and I wanted it. I googled about it, and arrived at Team-BHP's doorstep (err, webpage). Thankfully, my family never went ahead with the purchase, but I had found a new group of people who were united by one common thing: their love for cars.

It's safe to say that I've read through most ownership reviews (if not all) and in my head I'm friends with a lot of people here on Team-BHP, since I know their handles and all about their cars.

Enough of a prelude, here's my introduction (finally!):
I'm a 19 year old from Barrackpore, a town on the outskirts of Kolkata. I'm an alumnus of St. James' School, Kolkata (Batch of '17), and I'm currently a 4th semester commerce student at the Bhawanipur Education Society College. I'm also studying to be a Chartered Accountant (CA), and a Cost and Management Account (CMA), so it's safe to assume that when I'm not on Team-BHP, I'm trying to study. The garage at home consists of one four-wheeler and four two-wheelers:
1. 2004 Hyundai Santro Xing (Dad's car, but I use it now)
2. 2015 Honda CB Shine 125 (Dad's bike, but I use it now)
3. 1989 Bajaj Chetak (Uncle's scooter, runs 1km per day)
4. 2015 Honda Activa (Cousin 1's scooter)
5. 2016 Suzuki Gixxer SF (Cousin 2's bike)
All of the above are maintained meticulously, and are presumed to be much younger than they actually are.

Apart from cars, at one point of time (2013-2016) I was heavily into photography and filmmaking, and have won several awards at various school festivals for the same.

Ending this thread with a photo of my favourite, clicked about an hour ago
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings, fellow BHPians!-img20190307wa0006.jpeg  

boniver is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 10:12   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Greetings, fellow BHPians!

Welcome Boniver, super to have you with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
My alarm goes off at 7am, and I slowly open one eye first, then the other (as usual). Instinctively, my right hand reaches out and hovers over the bedside table looking for the rectangular object that we are all familiar with. I hold my hand over my face, pull down the notification panel from the top and notice an email. I lose control of my hand and the phone falls WHAM! on my face. For the first time in life, I ignore the pain, get up, put my glasses on, and read the email subject again. I'm ecstatic, to say the least.
You, sir, are quite the storyteller! I'm looking forward to a thread or two from you.

Quote:
All of the above are maintained meticulously, and are presumed to be much younger than they actually are.
Santro is looking good . No police issues with the tints?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 13:05   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Boniver, super to have you with us!
Thank you for the warm welcome, GTO! I'm glad to have finally arrived, and I look forward to having a lovely time on this forum!

Quote:
You, sir, are quite the storyteller! I'm looking forward to a thread or two from you.
Well, blame it on the insane amount of books that I've grown up reading. Thank you, and I assure you I won't disappoint!

Quote:
Santro is looking good . No police issues with the tints?
The Santro's never been much of a looker, but I try my best to keep her in top shape!
Surprisingly, no, I've never been flagged down for the tints, despite me ALWAYS driving with the windows rolled up (to protect the interiors). However, as the car turns 15 next month, the tints will have to go, in order to get her ready for the fitness renewal inspection.
boniver is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 15:53   #4
BHPian

Welcome onboard!. You have penned down a wonderful story of acquisition. We will love to see the you and car in flesh!

Do join us in our meets, we tend to meet up once in a week atleast, though not an official one.
dip27in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 20:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip27in View Post
Welcome onboard!. You have penned down a wonderful story of acquisition. We will love to see the you and car in flesh!
Thanks, dip27in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip27in View Post
Do join us in our meets, we tend to meet up once in a week atleast, though not an official one.
Thanks for the invite! I'd love to hang out, but due to the insane amount of hours that I have to spend in my classes per day, I'm not sure how many meets I'll actually be able to attend
Where can I get to know about these meets, though?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks