Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2019, 19:57   #1

Hey car enthusiasts! Let's catch up

Hey Folks,

I'm so glad that I'm finally a part of this fraternity. I've always loved cars but I was never an enthusiast. Well, now I am. A big one at that

I attest this to my most recent possession..errr baby...Audi S4 (Sepang Blue), the B8.5 model. This was by far the my most favorite color in the whole Audi lineup, second in line is the Sonoma Green (in the new RS5, of course...right? xD). I waited 3 weeks for the delivery and Boy did I just grin the whole time during the car delivery! Drove it out of the dealer lot and straight up to 570 miles. The supercharged engine whine made me a pee a little bit lol.
Since then I've installed track racing springs (not progressive ones, but linear ones), ceramic brake pads, front sway bars, cold-air intake, a front grille and extreme lightweight flow-forged wheels.

I really don't mind getting my hands dirty in such things. Rather, I enjoy it. Also, put on the ceramic 9H coating on my car myself. Anyway, this was back in the US.

Now I'm back here in Bangalore and very soon I see myself sliding into the Skoda Rapid. God, I love that DSG transmission!

Alright coming to my specs: I'm 32 years old, trying to live a low-key life here by hiding behind giant computer screens blasting away a few lines of code as an SRE. While I'm not behind this computer, I do enjoy a game of tennis or soccer or get out finding locations to take pictures. Yeah, I'm a photographer too. Any Sony Alpha APSC fans out here? Hit me up for a drive and photoshoot.

I'd be equally helpful if some Skoda/Audi/VW enthusiast people could help me out with aftermarket upgrades like black-taping the chrome grille and door/window liners. Secondly, some help with the best set of alloys would be highly appreciated

Signing out now. Cheers!

~Ron

P.S. a picture of my baby I owned three months ago <3

Hey car enthusiasts! Let's catch up-co48kme.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 18th March 2019 at 20:40.
absolutarin is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 21:36   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the family absolutarin. Your S4 seems like a really tight rise. Do share an ownership review of it. Also, congratulations on the Rapid.
Now that you are in Bangalore, you should definitely exploit all the weekend trips that place has to offer. There are some really good roads and scenery around B'lore.
Hope to see a lot of posts from you.
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 08:13   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hey car enthusiasts! Let's catch up

Welcome Ron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutarin View Post
I attest this to my most recent possession..errr baby...Audi S4 (Sepang Blue), the B8.5 model.
Looks deadly! Amazing choice of colour & black rims.

Just search on Team-BHP and all your Rapid queries will be answered. Great to have you with us .
Old 19th March 2019, 09:03   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutarin View Post
Now I'm back here in Bangalore and very soon I see myself sliding into the Skoda Rapid. God, I love that DSG transmission!
Welcome to the forum!

Couple of threads you should read before putting down your money on the current generation Skoda Rapid -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ming-soon.html

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...l-preview.html (Skoda Scala : Official Preview)
Old 19th March 2019, 13:35   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Welcome to the family absolutarin. Your S4 seems like a really tight rise. Do share an ownership review of it. Also, congratulations on the Rapid.
Now that you are in Bangalore, you should definitely exploit all the weekend trips that place has to offer. There are some really good roads and scenery around B'lore.
Hope to see a lot of posts from you.
I loved every single moment in that sleeper! I once did an APR Stage-I tune but I felt the added power didn't really fit my requirement. Went to a race track once - shred one brand new set of tires. But it was real fun! Never went to a drag race but my friends (with their S-models) sure did...and this thing rips BMWs 3/4 series and Merc CLA45 AMG. The max speed I could touch was 142mph, which left me wheezing for a few minutes haha.

I have a build thread here if you want to read: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...4-Build-Thread

But thank you for the warm welcome here! Glad I'm a part of this clique. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Ron!

Looks deadly! Amazing choice of colour & black rims.

Just search on Team-BHP and all your Rapid queries will be answered. Great to have you with us .
Thank you very much, kind Sir! This color is actually one of the most sought after colors in Audi S/RS models so much so that Audi North America started monetizing this color, from 2016, from a regular pearl finish to Audi Exclusive. Which means instead of paying $1000, customers would now pay $3500. The wheel you see here is the Vorsteiner VFF-103 in Carbon Graphite.
I wonder if Vorsteiner, BBS, Vossen etc sell in the Indian market. I'd have to ask them. Thanks for having me here
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Couple of threads you should read before putting down your money on the current generation Skoda Rapid -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ming-soon.html

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...l-preview.html (Skoda Scala : Official Preview)
Thank you for those informative threads. I've been through them...seems like the Skoda service has been a bit shaky for few people.
Old 12th April 2019, 23:45   #6
BHPian

Hello mate,

Welcome to the forum, Your build looks fabulous! Do start a new thread on it, I'm new here as well and am a fellow Sony APSC fan. I use a Sony a6300, great to see people appreciating the APSC Sony lineup. Hope to read a lot more posts from you.

Cheers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed