Team-BHP - There's no time better than the present
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   There's no time better than the present (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/208492-theres-no-time-better-than-present.html)

Hi Folks

This introduction comes a bit too late but as the saying goes, better late than never right.

I have been lurking around on this forum for close to a decade now and got my membership approved in Nov'14. Yes it took me ~5 years to write an introduction. I am a product development consultant by profession, electrical engineer by education and a true blue auto & aviation enthusiast by passion. I do not have a base location that I can call home as I am travelling around the country and the world 300 days of the year, living out of a suitcase.

I have started contributing back to the forum in the recent times and hope to up the ante in the coming months. I recently purchased a pearl white 2018 Honda Jazz VX CVT in Hyderabad,where my parents are stationed. I know it is overpriced, has the rubber band effect and the MPV looks etc but this is my first purchase in 10 years of work life and I have been eyeing this car since 2009, the moment I fell in love with the "Joy in Motion" commercial. Yes,I am that gullible to advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8ZgzW9O-ZE

There's no time better than the present-img2452.jpg

About 4 years back, I was based in Pune and was active in the riding scene. I had a RTR160 on which I toured ~50,000 kms with a bunch of well mannered folks I met through xBhp and these guys are friends for life now. I occassionally go on rides and drives now depending on where I am over the weekend.

I hope to contribute more and more to this wonderful forum, following TBHP rules to the dot. Ask me anything about the value engineering in the automtive sector or dabble in a conversation about aviation in general and I will be happy to sponsor the coffee ! Hoping to catch up with you all sometime soon in one of the mega meets. Until then,

Godspeed
Revverend

Great title :thumbs up! Welcome aboard, buddy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by revverend (Post 4575153)
Yes it took me ~5 years to write an introduction.

Seeing the way you write, I do hope to see your post count increase!

Quote:

I know it is overpriced, has the rubber band effect and the MPV looks etc but this is my first purchase in 10 years of work life and I have been eyeing this car since 2009
Every car has its pros & cons. Always buy what you love, not what the crowd does.

Welcome, revverend!

Quote:

true blue auto & aviation enthusiast
You've now got a bunch of threads to contribute on, for aviation as well!

Quote:

I have been eyeing this car since 2009, the moment I fell in love with the "Joy in Motion" commercial. Yes,I am that gullible to advertisements
Not the only one buddy; Jazz doing that spin right at the end got me going too. :D

Welcome aboard revverend. Pune has a great riding scene.

Welcome aboard. We have two things in common - a Honda Jazz and a collection of airplane modelsclap:

There's no time better than the present-img2012072800259.jpg

That's my red Jazz X bought in 2012 and sold in 2015 with 70k km on ODO. Fetched me good price at the time of sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4575422)
Seeing the way you write, I do hope to see your post count increase!

Thank you,GTO! Humbled by this especially coming from you

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4575431)
Welcome, revverend!
You've now got a bunch of threads to contribute on, for aviation as well!

Thank you,libranof1987. I will strive to contribute aside all the wise and knowledgable folks in the aviation threads. I have started contributing to the airplane scale models thread and my post count in this thread is directly proportional to how light my wallet gets

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who_are_you (Post 4575433)
Welcome aboard revverend. Pune has a great riding scene.

100% agree with you! Pick a direction and you can do a nice ~500km round trip amidst the sahayadris.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V.Narayan (Post 4575472)
Welcome aboard. We have two things in common - a Honda Jazz and a collection of airplane modelsclap:

Narayan, that's great news. Hopefully I will have enough models to fill the Jazz someday:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAVREVV (Post 4575680)
That's my red Jazz X bought in 2012 and sold in 2015 with 70k km on ODO. Fetched me good price at the time of sale.

That's a beauty. Smitten by the candy red color. It's a shame the current lineup does not have this color anymore