Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2019, 08:19   #1
BHPian

Finally, I am a part of the BHPian family!

I would like to start my post by whole-heartedly Thanking Moderators for accepting my application and allowing me to be a part of this elite Team-BHP family.

It all started during my Graduation days. As I didn't have a laptop/smartphone then, I used to go to a nearby internet cafe for preparing my project report. As I have a knack towards car since childhood, so after preparing my report I used to look for car reviews on internet. This is how I came across this brilliant Team-BHP forum and after several attempts over 8 years, I am in.

HELLO FELLOW BHPIANS!! My name is Samit Mukherjee and I am from the beautiful city of Guwahati- Gateway to the un-explored North-East India.
I am an Engineer working in a MNC dealing with Power Sector. Presently residing in West Bengal.

My knack for cars started when I was brought home after birth in my Maternal Grand father's Ambassador Mark-3

Since then, anything and everything about cars drives me. Although recently, I have developed an interest on commercial aircrafts and follow Flightradar24 quite a time daily- thanks to my Engineering roommate.

Talking about cars, we have the following cars in family now-
1. Dec' 2000-Daewoo Matiz-SS- Our first car and pride. Dad got this car on promotion from office. Even after 18+ years, this car drives so smooth, can't describe in words. The only issue with this car is spare parts availability. Although I have located a shop in Chennai and have been procuring its spares from them through courier. Fellow Bhpians may contact Mahavir Automobiles, Chennai for procuring parts of Matiz.
We love this car so much that we couldn't sell her after buying our 2nd car and parked her in our neighbours house on paid basis, owing to lack of parking space.
2. Dec'2015 Maruti Ritz ZXI- We actually wanted to buy Swift, but due to tight parking space ended up buying this car. The curved front bumper was a saviour, although she is also a tight fit. I know not many people praises this car, but we particularly like it's high seating position and rear boomerang tail lights. Nothing special to write about her. One thing I have noticed that low end punch comes only crossing 2000 RPM. Is this common with all other Ritz? Else, I will have to check with Maruti.
3.2010 Hyundai Santro Xing GL- After cycling to office for 2 years, I had severe back pain. This is when doctor advised me to get 4-wheeler. I was overwhelmed. Could not bring the Matiz to West Bengal due to spare parts issue and registration. So bought this car from my cousin in November 2013. I have known this car from Day1, so knew her history thoroughly. Icing on cake was she was not a standard Xing, Boy oh Boy!! she had alloy wheels, 165/65 wider tyres, remote locking with vibration sensor (now removed), brilliant audio system and body coloured bumpers. Will be doing her 90k servicing this weekend. Have many personal memories in this car.

My Late Grandmother with her proud possession-
Finally, I am a part of the BHPian family!-img20190503wa0000.jpg
SamitMukherjee is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 14:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally, I am a part of the BHPian family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
I would like to start my post by whole-heartedly Thanking Moderators for accepting my application and allowing me to be a part of this elite Team-BHP family.
Welcome to Team-BHP Samit! Glad to have you aboard.

Quote:
As I didn't have a laptop/smartphone then, I used to go to a nearby internet cafe for preparing my project report. As I have a knack towards car since childhood, so after preparing my report I used to look for car reviews on internet.
Anything for that daily dose of automobiles.

Quote:
HELLO FELLOW BHPIANS!! My name is Samit Mukherjee and I am from the beautiful city of Guwahati- Gateway to the un-explored North-East India.
The NE has been on my (and many other BHPians) bucket list. I'm sure you can tell us more about the place and the local conditions.

Quote:
My knack for cars started when I was brought home after birth in my Maternal Grand father's Ambassador Mark-3
Now thats calling it arriving in style. I have never driven an Ambassador, but have on many occasions been a passenger in one.

Quote:
Since then, anything and everything about cars drives me. Although recently, I have developed an interest on commercial aircrafts and follow Flightradar24 quite a time daily- thanks to my Engineering roommate.
We have many threads on aircrafts and one on Flightradar24 as well. Looking forward to your posts there.

Quote:
Talking about cars, we have the following cars in family now-
1. Dec' 2000-Daewoo Matiz-SS-
2. Dec'2015 Maruti Ritz ZXI
3.2010 Hyundai Santro Xing GL
Nice to see the Daewoo still being cared for. And even the Ritz is one of my favourites. 10/10 would pick it up over the Swift for sure. Do let us know about the ownerships of your rides over the years. I'm especially looking forward to the Matiz report.

Before you begin posting though, please take a look at the rules once.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 07:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Samit! Glad to have you aboard.
Thanks blackwasp!!!

Quote:
Anything for that daily dose of automobiles.
Yes. Even today, the first site I visit on internet isTeam-BHP.

Quote:
The NE has been on my (and many other BHPians) bucket list. I'm sure you can tell us more about the place and the local conditions.
YES!!! NE is an unexplored treasure. Its beauty is mesmerising. The complete area is huge. One or two visits may not be enough. Every part of it has its own beauty. States like Arunachal/Assam will itself require 2-3 visits (Considering 7 days trip each).
I will be glad if my inputs are helpful to fellow Bhpians travelling to NE.

Quote:
Now thats calling it arriving in style. I have never driven an Ambassador, but have on many occasions been a passenger in one.
I absolutely love Ambassador. I bet, no other car has got so comfortable rear seat as this one. Its rear seat is like sofa. Talking about the Mark-3 variant, I was fan of its dials. If I remember clearly, it had 5 dials. Speedometer, temperature gauge, fuel meter, meter for battery voltage and water level. Also it had steering column mounted gear lever. I wish I could have driven this beast. But I was a kid that time. After being in the family for about 25 years, the car was sold as its usage became low owing to smaller cars like M800 and was becoming difficult to maintain.
I was in class 6 then, else I would have kept the car with me.

Quote:
We have many threads on aircrafts and one on Flightradar24 as well. Looking forward to your posts there
This is my newest addiction. Will surely post my experience in the thread.

Quote:
Nice to see the Daewoo still being cared for. And even the Ritz is one of my favourites. 10/10 would pick it up over the Swift for sure. Do let us know about the ownerships of your rides over the years. I'm especially looking forward to the Matiz report.
Matiz is my sweetheart. Although I don't know how long I will be able to keep her owing to lack of parking space as paid parking is not economical. All good things comes to an end.
Glad to know that even you like the Ritz. Wish the car was still in production. I like cars with high seating position. Although I have extensively driven my colleague's Mistubishi Cedia Sports (my crush during graduation ), which has got a low seating position and absolutely loved it. Every part of this car is special- be it her aluminium pedals, MOMO steering wheel, OZ alloys, beautiful tail lamps or disc brakes on all 4 wheels. But not all good cars stay long in India. If not for her maintanance cost, would have surely brought one home.
Old 4th May 2019, 08:29   #4
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP, SamitMukherjee!

I've toured Assam and Meghalaya in my childhood and from what I can remember, it's a lovely place. I remember travelling from Shillong to Cherrapunji in a white Ambassador through thick fog. Our driver permanently had half of his body outside his window, and although we couldn't see anything at all, our experienced driver made sure we reached our destination and returned back safely.

I love the Matiz. I don't know how or why the car's name got stuck in my mind when I was a kid. I think I had a toy Matiz that I used to play with, but I'm not sure since I still have all my toys but the Matiz isn't there. On another occasion, I remember seeing a Matiz standing outside my school. I think I was in class 1 or 2 then (2005-06), and I still remember the scene vividly.

Recently, I spotted an extremely well-maintained Matiz, and I posted about it on another thread. You can read about it below. Click the red arrow to go directly to the post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Was driving home today when I suddenly spotted this extremely well-maintained Matiz parked in front of a restaurant.
Please post ownership reports of your cars, but start with the Matiz, please! It's very rare to come across people who hold on to unusual cars for a long time, and I don't think I know anyone else who has that car today.

I too have a Santro, albeit a '04 one (sans power steering, power windows etc). Hope you won't mind me posting a couple of pictures of my faithful companion below:

Finally, I am a part of the BHPian family!-20190331_165013.jpg

Finally, I am a part of the BHPian family!-img20190307wa0006.jpeg

Once again, a hearty welcome to Team-BHP! Have a great time here!
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 19:36   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team Bhp.
I remember meeting you and your Santro at Azadhind Dhaba on 19th June 2016!
Now please do not ask me, how i still remember that date!

Last edited by Samba : 4th May 2019 at 19:39.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 20:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Welcome to Team Bhp.
I remember meeting you and your Santro at Azadhind Dhaba on 19th June 2016!
Now please do not ask me, how i still remember that date!
Thanks Samba da. Perhaps I know the reason!!!
Hope to meet you and your Etios soon.
SamitMukherjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 09:42   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP, SamitMukherjee!
Thanks boniver!!!

Quote:
I've toured Assam and Meghalaya in my childhood and from what I can remember, it's a lovely place.
Yes indeed NE is mesmerising. Yes, while going to Cherra(as we localities call it), one have to extra cautious, as you can barely see a few metres ahead. Unfortunately, whenever I have gone there I have neither encountered much fog nor much rain. My bad luck

Quote:
Please post ownership reports of your cars, but start with the Matiz, please!
Matiz is a very unique car. It will be a honour for me to pen down about her here. Just have to wait till the time I go home to take few pictures about her.

Quote:
I too have a Santro, albeit a '04 one (sans power steering, power windows etc). Hope you won't mind me posting a couple of pictures of my faithful companion below:
Good to see your Xing. Hope my Xing will have a friend in meet-up.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks