Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2019, 04:26   #1
BHPian

Super excited to be here!

Hi All,

I am Anand (ss80)from Bangalore. The first time I saw the Team-bhp bumper sticker was way back in 2004! I dint even realise it was a forum, till one day I decided to google it and got hooked to it since then. I am big fan of the "Official Review" threads and gone through almost all of the threads till date.

Here is a quick snapshot of my rides owned till date.

Super excited to be here!-anand-list.jpg

Super excited to be here!-2pic.jpg

For the last 1 year I have found a new love - Arc Welding and have spent most of my weekends doing one or the other DIY.
Sharing some photos of the same. I read somewhere long back, "Many a times, a tool is as useful as the mind using it" and have been finding new things to do.

The below is me on my restored Chetak.
Super excited to be here!-chetak.jpeg

Mad-mans diy shed on terrace, it has a full size almirah with most of my tools in it.
Super excited to be here!-diy-shed.jpeg

Needless to say the type of groceries that I love to shop.
Super excited to be here!-grocery-stuff.jpeg

A photo about 1year back, working on a SUV plate.
Super excited to be here!-me-kit.jpeg

Some other things, which I have made, the joy of a DIY is when the final outcome meets my own expectations.

Super excited to be here!-some-things-i-made-1.jpeg

Super excited to be here!-some-things-i-made-2.jpeg

Super excited to be here!-some-things-i-made-3.jpeg

Super excited to be here!-some-things-i-madee.jpeg

Although there is no need to mention, I have tried ample times to get here and finally succeeded

From 2005 till date, my automotive side of life has seen ample action, so much so that these days I feel life almost retired. Have done a couple of restorations, a few flops too & here are a few things year wise.

2005 - Learnt Bike Riding
2011 - Learnt Car Driving
2012 - Made a small video about my M800, posted it on youtube, visited a few local channels and tried to start my own TV program (Auto Show) - dint work out. Here is the video
Super excited to be here!-tv-show-attempt.jpeg

2013 - Worked for Maruti True Value for a few months, learnt the hard reality of how a passionate guy cannot survive in a purely profit driven dealership.

2014 to 2017 - Trekking, touring
2017 - Marriage
2017 - Arc Welding, made my own small tent on roof top and started collecting required tools, made quite a few daily use stuffs just as a hobby. Now I do some automotive parts too, like SUV Underchassy plates, furnitures out of Car parts (still working on it), car ramps etc.

2004 - 2019 Browsing Automotive Forums.

There is one thing that I have to mention though, when I purchased my first car I was clueless about most of the stuff and there has been 1 person being the backbone of all my DIY, car activities - Mr.Varun - a true auto enthusiast & an avid reader of Team-bhp.
Super excited to be here!-my-guru.jpeg

Finally my current ride, shod with 13" Bridgestones. I am fully aware of the positives, negatives & consequences of owning an Omni. For all my highway drives, I have some of my close friends cars and I use them. Omni mainly for my short drives within city, hauling some DIY luggage & occasional use for my bro-in-laws business use. Otherwise, its a nice rear wheel drive car, with very little electronics. The best part is the throttle feel - Linkages here, no drive by wire tech.

Looking forward to learn more as always, meet new Bhp-ians & contribute to the forum.

Thanks for reading!

Anand
Handle Name: SS80
Attached Thumbnails
Super excited to be here!-bit-cooking.jpeg  

Super excited to be here!-omni.jpeg  

SS80 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 09:15   #2
BHPian

Re: Super excited to be here!

Forgot to mention that I do a bit of cooking too, sweets are my 2nd most favorite thing after cars. thanks all once again
SS80 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 10:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
I am Anand (ss80)from Bangalore. The first time I saw the Team-bhp bumper sticker was way back in 2004! I dint even realise it was a forum, till one day I decided to google it and got hooked to it since then.
Welcome to Team-BHP Anand!

Quote:
Here is a quick snapshot of my rides owned till date.
Wow, thats some list of rides! Happy to see that you have restored some of them yourself.

Quote:
For the last 1 year I have found a new love - Arc Welding and have spent most of my weekends doing one or the other DIY.
I had a small elective subject in my engineering days where we were taught workshop stuff. Welding was my favourite of all those. Do start a thread on it as I'm sure many here will be interested to know about it. Also your work on chassis underplates would be interesting to many as most cars in India don't come with any sort of protection.

Quote:
Mad-mans diy shed on terrace, it has a full size almirah with most of my tools in it.
Haha, don't we all want something like this in our homes? Related thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...my-garage.html (At long last: My own man cave...My Garage!)

Quote:
2005 - Learnt Bike Riding
2011 - Learnt Car Driving
2012 - Made a small video about my M800, posted it on Youtube, visited a few local channels and tried to start my own TV program (Auto Show) - dint work out.
2013 - Worked for Maruti True Value for a few months, learnt the hard reality of how a passionate guy cannot survive in a purely profit driven dealership.
2014 to 2017 - Trekking, touring
2017 - Marriage
2017 - Arc Welding, made my own small tent on roof top and started collecting required tools, made quite a few daily use stuffs just as a hobby. Now I do some automotive parts too, like SUV Underchassy plates, furnitures out of Car parts (still working on it), car ramps etc.
2004 - 2019 Browsing Automotive Forums.
You have tried a lot of stuff - hats off to you my friend. I'm very much interested in the furnitures you have made from car parts! Please share photos of more stuff if you have.

Quote:
Looking forward to learn more as always, meet new Bhp-ians & contribute to the forum.
Looking forward to your interesting posts. However, before you begin, do take a look at the rules of the forum once.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 18:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hello SS80 (Anand), welcome to team-bhp !!!

That was an interesting and detailed intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80
The first time I saw the Team-bhp bumper sticker was way back in 2004
Did we have tbhp stickers way back in 2004 ? Definitely not the current set (LTD, IDS, GotBhp etc).

But the teambhp URL sticker (www.team-bhp.com) was around then, IIRC. I had stuck 4 of them on all four sides of my Baleno and they are still there after 14 years.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks