Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2019, 19:42   #1
Newbie
 
mpp19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 19
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Weekend start could not have been any better

All,

Saturday morning, I was getting ready to head to the cricket ground and thought of skimming Gmail account. I could not believe myself to see the 'Registration Approved' email and I cannot express how delighted I am to be a part of this elite Team-BHP forum. Well, the weekend could not have started any better!

I am Mari, native place is in the southern part of the country and my Consulting IT work has brought me here to the UK. My passion for cars started in my school days and over the years it has grown naturally.

Bikes owned (and now sold):
Hero Honda CBZ (owned for about a year)
Bajaj Discover (owned for about 10 years)

Cars owned:
Tata Indica Petrol (now sold)
Volkswagen Vento Diesel (now sold)
BMW 3 Series 320i (currently owning)

For buying the bikes, I didn't have to struggle much, as most of my friends owned one and tips/tricks were readily available. But my first car buying experience was not a great one and I fell for all the tricks of the typical sales team. I liked my Indica car very much, but the buying experience was not the one to remember. So, when I decided to change the car, I did not want to redo the mistakes.

So, my search for car buying opened the doors for me to this amazing forum. I followed the tips and tricks for buying a new car as listed in the forum and needless to stay my Vento car buying experience turned out to be a memorable one. I still remember, I had taken the pre-delivery checklist print out (as smart mobiles did not have emerged too much then) and was going through that to ensure I didn't miss anything.

The branch manager (near Electronic City) was amazed and he asked me if he could get a copy of the checklist. Such is an impact Team-BHP can make. Another memorable instance to quote is, I was planning for a trip to Balaji temple, Tirupathi and one of the travelogues listed the route and we blindly followed it to take to detour from the road construction that happened then. It was detailed to the exact metres level and both me & my wife were amazed needless to say. Those were the days when Navigation devices were in their early days and we preferred Team-BHP rather than getting lost by following an immature navigation device.

There are so many other instances to quote, but I will not bore you all.

I am looking to share my experience and hopefully, it might benefit my fellow BHPians.

Regards,
MPP19
mpp19 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2019, 11:06   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 8,495
Thanked: 32,089 Times
Default Re: Weekend start could not have been any better

Hi Mari,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp19 View Post
I am Mari, native place is in the southern part of the country and my Consulting IT work has brought me here to the UK. My passion for cars started in my school days and over the years it has grown naturally.

Bikes owned (and now sold):
Hero Honda CBZ (owned for about a year)
Bajaj Discover (owned for about 10 years)

Cars owned:
Tata Indica Petrol (now sold)
Volkswagen Vento Diesel (now sold)
BMW 3 Series 320i (currently owning)
That's a good number of vehicles you have owned. We will await detailed ownership reviews from you.

Quote:
So, my search for car buying opened the doors for me to this amazing forum. I followed the tips and tricks for buying a new car as listed in the forum and needless to stay my Vento car buying experience turned out to be a memorable one. I still remember, I had taken the pre-delivery checklist print out (as smart mobiles did not have emerged too much then) and was going through that to ensure I didn't miss anything...

....we preferred Team-BHP rather than getting lost by following an immature navigation device.
Good to know Team-BHP has been of assistance to you and the impact is has made.

Quote:
I am looking to share my experience and hopefully, it might benefit my fellow BHPians.
We will look forward to hearing from you. I am sure it will help others.

Trust you have been through Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Christmas couldn't have been better RomelK Introduce yourself 3 30th December 2014 13:49
Could I have lived to write this (if it were any other car)? chaunfa Street Experiences 16 13th April 2010 22:35
"Mobile Court" have you been there, i have! xinome Street Experiences 24 2nd August 2007 17:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks