Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2019, 12:51   #1

Not a lurker anymore!

Hello everyone,
I have been lurking around on the site for the past three years reading travelogues most of the time. I have found them immensely helpful while planning my road trips.

A little about me first. I was born and raised in Mumbai. As a kid, I loved cars which meant watching them from the city buses. I am an IT Architect by profession and have worked in the US and UK apart from India.

I have owned these cars in the past, all automatics. Two Civics, an Accord, a CR-V and an X5. I drive a WagonR AMT now in India. I am not a car enthusiast my any means and merely consider them a medium to travel, albeit an important one.

Most of my road travel has been outside India. I am still getting my feet wet on Indian roads and this is where Team-BHP has been invaluable.

I am in the process of buying a new vehicle and have heavily relied on the forums here for all knowledge.

I wish to give back in whatever way I can and hence decided to register. My sincere appreciation for being accepted.
Rustom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 14:50   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Not a lurker anymore!

Welcome to the forum and have a good time interacting here!

I got quite a scare when I read the title of this thread. There is a senior bhpian called Lurker and I assumed the worst!

Thank god my assumption was wrong!
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 15:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustom View Post
I have owned these cars in the past, all automatics. Two Civics, an Accord, a CR-V and an X5. I drive a WagonR AMT now in India.
Honda seems to be favorite with you, welcome to the forum. BTW, with the scare Tejas mentioned above, why didn't you choose 'Chupa Rustom' as your handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I got quite a scare
What Doc, you should have at least looked at section of the thread. Hope you haven't pulled out wrong tooth due to that scare.
Anyways, mods have changed thread title now.
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 15:59   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post

What Doc, you should have at least looked at section of the thread. Hope you haven't pulled out wrong tooth due to that scare.
Anyways, mods have changed thread title now.
I did look at the Section a few seconds after reading the title; but the first time I read the title "Lurker, No More!" gave me a stock!
Old 26th June 2019, 21:51   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Honda seems to be favorite with you, welcome to the forum. BTW, with the scare Tejas mentioned above, why didn't you choose 'Chupa Rustom' as your handle?
First things first. My sincere apologies to Mr. Lurker. May you live long and prosper.

Thank you everyone one for the welcome. I am unfamiliar with the UI and can't seem to add multiple quotes in a post.

Yes, I do seem to have an affinity for Honda's. In fact I am considering a BR-V to replace my WagonR. I will post my experience here.

I was considering Chupa Rustom as my handle but shied away in case it might offend anyone.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th June 2019 at 17:02. Reason: can -> can't
Rustom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 17:02   #6
Team-BHP Support

Re: Not a lurker anymore!

Welcome aboard Rustom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustom View Post
Thank you everyone one for the welcome. I am unfamiliar with the UI and can't seem to add multiple quotes in a post.
This should help you out: link (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed