Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2019, 14:02   #1
BHPian

Finally! Feels good to be home

Firstly, thank you Mods for approving my membership. Good to be home !

To be a part of this forum after reading every review and discussions in it after 8 years feels surreal.

About myself, 28 year old from Chennai, born and brought in Visakhapatnam. Worked in IT industry for a good 3 years, went back to college for an MBA and now I work for a Bank at Chennai as an Operations Consultant

Cars Driven and owned :

- Learned driving in my father's first car (Maruti 800)
- During Engineering, spent a lot of time driving my dad's Swift. The purchase decision for which was made solely by reading Team-BHP's reviews and discussions
- 6 Months back bought my first car, Ford Freestyle Ambiente Diesel and loving it since then

Once Again, Thank you Mods for accepting me as a part of this amazing Petrolheads forum !

First things first - Heading to grab some merchandise !
See you
Sk8r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 10:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally! Feels good to be home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
To be a part of this forum after reading every review and discussions in it after 8 years feels surreal.
Welcome to Team-BHP Sk8r! Looking forward to your posts on the forum.

Quote:
About myself, 28 year old from Chennai, born and brought in Visakhapatnam. Worked in IT industry for a good 3 years, went back to college for an MBA and now I work for a Bank at Chennai as an Operations Consultant
Nice, which part of Chennai do you belong to? I lived there for 2 years when I was a kid. Our house was in Royapettah and I used to goto Mylapore for chess coaching. How's Chennai these days? I heard its changed a lot.

Quote:
Cars Driven and owned...
800, Swift and the Freestyle. Three of my favourite cars! Currently I use my 800 for city runabouts. Its the perfect city car. Do tell us about the Freestyle ownership. After Maruti, how is the Ford experience?

Quote:
First things first - Heading to grab some merchandise !
Cheers! Just a quick note - Do take a look at the forum rules once.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 13:22   #3
BHPian

Re: Finally! Feels good to be home

Quote:
Nice, which part of Chennai do you belong to? I lived there for 2 years when I was a kid. Our house was in Royapettah and I used to goto Mylapore for chess coaching. How's Chennai these days? I heard its changed a lot.
I stay at Thoraipakkam( part of OMR's IT corridor). Chennai has been my home for the past 4 years and the two prominent changes I have witnessed are 1) The heat 2) The traffic, both are on the rise as we speak !

Quote:
800, Swift and the Freestyle. Three of my favourite cars! Currently I use my 800 for city runabouts. Its the perfect city car. Do tell us about the Freestyle ownership. After Maruti, how is the Ford experience?
I regret selling off our Maruti 800, it is a gem for inter city rides. On Freestyle, Initially I was very skeptical to own a non Maruti car especially after the consistent - above average experience I have had with them. Coming to Ford, so far my experience with them has been good, they try very hard to get a good rating post service and that is an opportunity to get all the issues sorted for you. Again it all depends on the Service advisor. One myth Ford has busted for me is that Maruti's are cheap to own and maintain

Quote:
Cheers! Just a quick note - Do take a look at the forum rules once.
Definitely ! Trying hard to ensure I am not breaking any of the forum's policies
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks