Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2019, 11:02   #1
BHPian

Hello friends!

Hello Friends,

Never thought that I would be posting something in TBHP, after my membership was Rejected in the first attempt. Took more time to prepare and resubmitted my membership and hurrah, my membership got Approved.

I am Mukundan, aged about 39. Born and brought up in Chennai and settled with family in Hyderabad now. I work as a Sr Manager in one of the IT Major.

Had the privilege of owning and driving an Yellow colored Yamaha RX 100 during my college days (remember the bike that Ajit used in Vaali movie). After marriage, purchased my first car Maruti Suzuki Alto and had numerous long drives with friends and family. Sold that after 5 years and got a Toyota Etios. A very nice car, which I drove for about 4 years and moved on to Mahindra XUV 500, which currently is our main vehicle. Wifey drives a Renault KWID AMT - I love driving that car

Currently looking to replace my XUV 500, which is almost 5+ years old now. W6 version has only 2 airbags and 6 airbags is a must in my new SUV, along with having an Automatic transmission. Not looking for a 7 seater and of the current lot, Kia Seltos and MG Hector has impressed me a lot. If I have the approval from Home Ministry, I would definitely go for Jeep Compass any day.

A sports loving person and I play cricket/tennis/volleyball on weekends. A typical family man, who likes to spend a lot of time with family.

Looking forward to contribute my bit in this wonderful forum of car enthusiastic fellow BHPians.

~ MK
MukundanMK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 19:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Had the privilege of owning and driving an Yellow colored Yamaha RX 100 during my college days (remember the bike that Ajit used in Vaali movie). After marriage, purchased my first car Maruti Suzuki Alto and had numerous long drives with friends and family. Sold that after 5 years and got a Toyota Etios. A very nice car, which I drove for about 4 years and moved on to Mahindra XUV 500, which currently is our main vehicle. Wifey drives a Renault KWID AMT - I love driving that car
Welcome to Team-BHP Mukundan! Good to see such a nice history of vehicles you have had. Do you still have the RX 100?

Quote:
Currently looking to replace my XUV 500, which is almost 5+ years old now. W6 version has only 2 airbags and 6 airbags is a must in my new SUV, along with having an Automatic transmission. Not looking for a 7 seater and of the current lot, Kia Seltos and MG Hector has impressed me a lot. If I have the approval from Home Ministry, I would definitely go for Jeep Compass any day.
Of the segment, despite its drawbacks and family history (FIAT) I would pick up the Compass any day. The ride, engine handling is next level. But I think you should take test drives of all the 3 - Seltos, Hector and Compass to be sure. Do start a thread as well for other BHPian's opinions and thoughts.

Quote:
A sports loving person and I play cricket/tennis/volleyball on weekends. A typical family man, who likes to spend a lot of time with family.
Nothing says relaxing like playing a sport or two and spending time with family. Welcome aboard once again. Before you begin, do take a look at the rules of the forum.
Old 23rd July 2019, 21:10   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Mukundan! Good to see such a nice history of vehicles you have had. Do you still have the RX 100?
Thanks blackwasp for your warm welcome... RX 100 was given to my cousin. He used it for about 5-6 years and the 1992 model vehicle went into a permanent rest mode in 2011-12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Of the segment, despite its drawbacks and family history (FIAT) I would pick up the Compass any day. The ride, engine handling is next level. But I think you should take test drives of all the 3 - Seltos, Hector and Compass to be sure. Do start a thread as well for other BHPian's opinions and thoughts.
Agreed... I took multiple test drives of Jeep Compass. Petrol DCT wasn't satisfactory and Diesel had no Automatic. For me Automatic and Six Airbags were kind off mandatory. MG Hector had the same problem and in addition to the lagish Petrol DCT, it wasn't BS6 compliant. I am looking for a vehicle that I can use for the next 5 years. This year we want to replace XUV 500 and next year, we have plans to replace KWID.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks