Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2019, 11:13   #1
BHPian

Four is the lucky number!

Hello BHPians,

Finally, I made it in on my fourth attempt. The first two were in 2015 and the third in 2017. More on that some other day but right now, I'm elated that the Team-BHP tag on my car key chain is justified and bona-fide.

I'm a software developer in my late 30s, living in Bangalore for quite some time now. I came across the Team-BHP forum in 2015 when I started researching into buying a new car, my first and only one thus far. Having extensively read all the review and ownership threads,I had pretty much made up my mind on the Wagon R VXi ABS from Maruti-Suzuki. This in spite of some threads favouring the Celerio over the Wagon R, or stating how the older F10D models had more boot space compared to the K10 ones etc. Thanks to the PDI checklist, I learned about VINs and was happy to get a car that was manufactured the same month that I took delivery of it (in 2015). Happy with my car so far, though it has less mileage on the odo.

I love vehicles that go fast and to that extent, I'm more of a fan of bikes than cars because of the levels of rider engagement and adrenalin that 2 wheelers bring about (subjective, perhaps). That is not to say I would turn down an offer to sit in the front seat of a Tesla in ludicrous mode . The other hobby that I'm actively into since the past couple of years is cycling. Not to mention the weather here which is very conducive for outdoor physical activities.

Current 'things with tyres' on my well-maintained garage:
  • 2015 Wagon R VXi ABS -around 15K KMs.
  • 2005 Hero Honda Splendor plus : around 39K KMs
  • 2014 BTWIN mybike single speed: around 12K KMs.
  • 2016 Merida Ride 100 road bike: around 11K KMs.
Older 'things with tyres' that I used to own once upon a time:
Bajaj Sunny Zip moped, BSA Champ, BSA SLR bicycles. Do you remember these names!?

That's it for now. Hoping to transition from a passive reader all these years to a meaningful contributor to the forum.

Cheers,
Ravi
itisravi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 10:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Four is the lucky number!

Hello itisravi,

Welcome to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisravi View Post
I came across the Team-BHP forum in 2015 when I started researching into buying a new car, my first and only one thus far. Having extensively read all the review and ownership threads,I had pretty much made up my mind on the Wagon R VXi ABS from Maruti-Suzuki. This in spite of some threads favouring the Celerio over the Wagon R, or stating how the older F10D models had more boot space compared to the K10 ones etc. Thanks to the PDI checklist, I learned about VINs and was happy to get a car that was manufactured the same month that I took delivery of it (in 2015). Happy with my car so far, though it has less mileage on the odo.
Glad to read that the forum has helped you in your purchases.

Quote:
The other hobby that I'm actively into since the past couple of years is cycling. Not to mention the weather here which is very conducive for outdoor physical activities.
We have a lot of cyclists on the forum and a separate thread for cycling. Do check it out.

Quote:
Current 'things with tyres' on my well-maintained garage:
  • 2015 Wagon R VXi ABS -around 15K KMs.
  • 2005 Hero Honda Splendor plus : around 39K KMs
  • 2014 BTWIN mybike single speed: around 12K KMs.
  • 2016 Merida Ride 100 road bike: around 11K KMs.
Older 'things with tyres' that I used to own once upon a time:
Bajaj Sunny Zip moped, BSA Champ, BSA SLR bicycles. Do you remember these names!?
Do post pictures of your rides and ownership reviews as well.

Looking forward to seeing your posts.
ChiragM is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks