Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2019, 22:47   #1
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Intro on the 500th post

Hello forum members.

This is a long overdue post which should have been my first post on joining the forum. It comes 8 years and 500 posts later.

I remember joining Team-BHP when we were looking for a new car back in 2011. In one instant, I found the reviews and the associated forum discussions to be the most meaningful ones. The discussions and posts came straight from the owners who lived with the cars longer and covered more detail than the "long term" reviews of some of the auto magazines I was reading till then. I have never picked up another issue of such magazines in the years that followed.

I have a bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and more recently have completed an MBA in Oil & Gas management. I work in the petrochemical industry and don't shy away from getting my hands dirty on the job. I don't do any real engineering stuff but do the stuff engineers would never do. Working on the maintenance side of things pans out like this, I guess.

For study and work-related obligations I have lived in Manipal, Mangalore (KA) and Auraiya (UP) but Jaipur (RJ) is my home town. I love traveling and soaking in the culture of the places I visit. I like to travel with family and friends. Really opposite to the solo backpacker kind. I cannot sit idle. I love engaging myself in small projects which I can work on myself like gardening, home improvement, car detailing, laptop hardware, etc. In the process, I end-up collecting tools and keeping them organized and functioning becomes the monthly project. I also like to sketch. It is just a hobby and it is more to deal with boredom in those trapped in a classroom/meeting situations I find myself in sometimes. I love the outdoors and wildlife too.

Here at Team-BHP, I thank each and every forum member who is keeping the ethos alive. I feel proud and grateful to be a part of this forum.
Tgo is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 09:50   #2
BHPian

re: Intro on the 500th post

Here is an ode to you:
There was a dude named Tgo (no relation to GTO),
He could garden blindfolded and one handed,
And he could do this using just a hoe!
Had many friends and explored places
But it took him 500 posts to let us know!
Iyencar is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 13:57   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Intro on the 500th post

Better late than never! And it's always nice to know more about the handle you've quoted or thanked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Here at Team-BHP, I thank each and every forum member who is keeping the ethos alive. I feel proud and grateful to be a part of this forum.
And thank you! Having a thanked count that is higher than the post count is no mean feat .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Here is an ode to you:
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 14:51   #4
BHPian

Thanks, tgo; your posts are awesome. It is indeed an honour to have you on board TeamBhp and look forward to many more interesting posts from you. Hope to meet you in person when we pass by Jaipur. Had traveled through Jaipur several times on the drive from Ahmedabad to Delhi, but unfortunately did not know about you.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th September 2019 at 09:03. Reason: Typos.
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 17:45   #5
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
(no relation to GTO)
In fact since it came up. I remember trying to keep my handle as my initials, 'TG' (for Tanmay Godara) but it was probably taken or a 2 letter handle was not allowed. changed it to TGO which is where GTO intervened and made it tgo. I requested him to make it 'Tgo' to as a change in case would differentiate between the first and the last name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Hope to meet you in person when we pass by Jaipur.
Would love to meet-up. Do ping me the next time you're crossing.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 09:00   #6
BHPian

Hey Tgo, glad to know more about you! It's funny that you explained the story behind your handle, because I've always wondered whether you're actually GTO's brother

I cracked up after seeing this today though:
Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 283
Size:  2.7 KB

What an amazing coincidence!

Last edited by boniver : 11th September 2019 at 09:01.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 10:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering...

I have lived in Manipal, Mangalore (KA) ..
Can't even say welcome to the forum, as you have been here longer than I have.

So here's a "Hi" from a bhpian from Manipal.

I assume you went to MIT for your engineering. Do let us know if you ever plan to come down here again. We have a thriving community of active (and some famous) bhpians and we would welcome you.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 10:52   #8
BHPian

Quote:
I work in the petrochemical industry and don't shy away from getting my hands dirty on the job. I don't do any real engineering stuff but do the stuff engineers would never do. Working on the maintenance side of things pans out like this, I guess.

For study and work-related obligations I have lived in Manipal, Mangalore (KA) and Auraiya (UP) but Jaipur (RJ) is my home town.
First up better now than never. Reminds me that i haven't done mine yet.

Petrochemical industry in mangalore?. That narrows it down to MRPL, BASF, OMPL , HPCL tankaging, MCFL etc basically the baikampadi area?. Good to see engineers in this forum other than the hordes of IT folks.

DISCLAIMER : Nothing against the IT folks .
srini1785 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 11:15   #9
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I assume you went to MIT for your engineering. Do let us know if you ever plan to come down here again. We have a thriving community of active (and some famous) bhpians and we would welcome you.
Yes, I went to MIT (of the East). Graduated in 2011. I have only returned once since leaving Mangalore but would give you a heads-up before the next visit. Even non-BHPians are so enthusiastic about cars in the region. I love the culture there and look out for some very interesting and detailed updates on the forum originating from DK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
That narrows it down to MRPL, BASF, OMPL , HPCL tankaging, MCFL etc basically the baikampadi area?.
OMPL till 2015 and GAIL since then.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 00:56   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I used to follow your posts in the Duster official thread. Then you came up with the fantastic ownership report of both your Dusters.

It always feels good to know a person, whose posts I have been reading for such a long time. Thanks for the intro.
Wish you all the very best for your upcoming contribution's in Team-Bhp.

Last edited by Samba : 13th September 2019 at 00:58.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks