Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Finally got BHP'ed! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/213132-finally-got-bhped.html)

hs_maverick 11th September 2019 18:15

Finally got BHP'ed!
 
Hello everyone. First of all I would like to thank moderators for approving my membership. :). Have been a passive follower of this forum for 6 years and it feels really great to be a part of this group.

I am Himanshu Sharma, born and bought up in Delhi. By qualification I am an MBA in marketing working in a leading MNC that supplies steel to almost all automotive OEMs across India.

Like everyone who is a part of this group, I am also a huge fan of cars, travel & road trips. Have a special liking for the hills and no year is complete without 2-3 trips to the Himalayas. Apart from this I am a fitness freak who loves working out and play cricket & squash regularly.

Currently driving -
1) Honda City SV -Idtec ( Aug'2015 )
2) Renault Duster 110 RXz 4x2( Feb'2016)
3) Jeep Compass D Longitude(O) 4x2 ( Mar'2018)

Previous Drives -
1) Swift Diesel VDi ( Apr'13-Feb'19 )

I hope to live up to the high quality standards of the community, have meaningful discussions and at the same time help the fellow members in the best possible way.

Thanks
Himanshu

blackwasp 12th September 2019 08:33

Re: Finally got BHP'ed!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hs_maverick (Post 4656095)
Hello everyone. First of all I would like to thank moderators for approving my membership. :). Have been a passive follower of this forum for 6 years and it feels really great to be a part of this group.

Welcome to the forum Himanshu! Glad to have you onboard.

Quote:

Like everyone who is a part of this group, I am also a huge fan of cars, travel & road trips. Have a special liking for the hills and no year is complete without 2-3 trips to the Himalayas. Apart from this I am a fitness freak who loves working out and play cricket & squash regularly.
Wow, that's nice. Good to know that you go out to the hills. You are lucky to to be in the proximity of the Himalayas. Do share some stories of your travels.

Quote:

Currently driving -
1) Honda City SV -Idtec ( Aug'2015 )
2) Renault Duster 110 RXz 4x2( Feb'2016)
3) Jeep Compass D Longitude(O) 4x2 ( Mar'2018)
You have an all-diesel garage in the house! I have driven the City (infact, my uncle has the same model which gives unbelievable FE on highway runs) and the Compass, and know about them. But how's the Duster treating you - especially in terms of service centres and spare parts?

Quote:

I hope to live up to the high quality standards of the community, have meaningful discussions and at the same time help the fellow members in the best possible way.
Likewise. We also have threads on fitness where you could like to browse. Do take a look at the rules before you begin.

hs_maverick 14th September 2019 18:39

Re: Finally got BHP'ed!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwasp (Post 4656386)
Welcome to the forum Himanshu! Glad to have you onboard.
Wow, that's nice. Good to know that you go out to the hills. You are lucky to to be in the proximity of the Himalayas. Do share some stories of your travels.


The cars are shared between me and my younger brother. We both travel at least 100 km daily and that's why we have an all diesel garage.

City diesel indeed gives an unbelievable average of 20kmpl+ even in city drives, but we have to live with an unrefined noisy engine. Have tried to mask the noisy engine by investing in a good ICE system that keeps us happy.

Duster is treating us really well with its super amazing ride quality and has crossed 70K on the ODO. The spares are too costly and the maintenance/service cost has increased over time with dealers also trying their best to fleece customers. Planning to stick with FNG in future.

Currently, Compass is our car for the highway and it brings out a wide smile on our face every time we hit the road.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:39.