Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2019, 22:05   #1
BHPian

My first post!

Hello everyone.

First of all, a big thank you for the moderators who accepted my request to join this awesome community. I am located in Delhi. I used to drive a 2009 320i E90 after which we upgraded to the 520d in 2014. The 520d is accompanied by an EcoSport and an i10. I have been a frequent visitor on the Team-BHP website for years, and I am happy that I am a part of it now. I have planned a few cosmetic changes and look forward for getting a stage 1 remap. I would love to have a wonderful discussion with all my fellow BHPians here and keep them updated with what's going on with the car. A thread/ownership review on the F10 is in the works.

Thank you all. Have a great day.
advaydh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 09:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: My first post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaydh View Post
Hello everyone.

First of all, a big thank you for the moderators who accepted my request to join this awesome community.
Welcome to Team-BHP advaydh! Glad to have you onboard.

Quote:
I used to drive a 2009 320i E90 after which we upgraded to the 520d in 2014. The 520d is accompanied by an EcoSport and an i10. I have been a frequent visitor on the Team-BHP website for years, and I am happy that I am a part of it now.
So a BMW fan! How do you find the shift from petrol to diesel? And your thoughts on the 10 year rule for diesel cars in Delhi?

Quote:
I have planned a few cosmetic changes and look forward for getting a stage 1 remap.
Wow, looking forward to it. One BHPian and a friend in Mumbai too has a 520d, which has been remapped. I've not had a chance to take a drive, but he says its very good!

Quote:
I would love to have a wonderful discussion with all my fellow BHPians here and keep them updated with what's going on with the car. A thread/ownership review on the F10 is in the works.
Eagerly awaiting your ownership thread! Before you being though, do take a look at the rules once.
Old 18th September 2019, 16:05   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
So a BMW fan! How do you find the shift from petrol to diesel? And your thoughts on the 10 year rule for diesel cars in Delhi?
The change from the E90's 2.0L petrol to the newer N47T is quite drastic and the ZF 8 speed gearbox is simply magic. Pretty sure you've read about that as I have on other BMW threads on the forum.

As far as the 10-year diesel ban is concerned, I'm not someone to be in favour of abandoning a car just because it's old and completely agree with BHPIan stanjohn here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I am sure there are many owners like me who don't use their car's much and is still in very good running condition. Why should we be forced to sell our cars for peanuts when we purchased them at the high prices earlier and contributed to the govt's tax kitty in road tax and other taxes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Wow, looking forward to it. One BHPian and a friend in Mumbai too has a 520d, which has been remapped. I've not had a chance to take a drive, but he says its very good!
If I'm not mistaken, this must be the white Celtic remapped 520d which has made quite a special appearances on BHPian Tanveer_2558's thread. The 520d may not be as quick and fun to drive as the 530d but let's see how close we can get with a remap.

Ownership thread coming soon!

My first post!-img_20190917_202757.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 18th September 2019 at 20:01. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
advaydh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 16:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the group Advaydh. Eagerly waiting for your 520d's ownership thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed