Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2019, 14:50   #1

Hello BHPians

Hi everyone,

I am Samay Tripathy, an aspiring electrical engineer. I am 23 years old. I am from Bhubaneswar, Odisha. The craze for cars is growing within me since childhood and it is a never-ending process.

I love being around cars (whatever car it maybe). In my childhood days, I used to collect models of cars and I had a cupboard full of them. Back then my world started with them and ended with them. As I grew, aware of my interest in cars my uncle used to take me to the service station to get our car serviced and I loved being there. Those visits to the service station not only increased my love for cars but it also imparted me the knowledge about cars like how they work and what can go wrong with them. Then I started reading magazines related to cars which gave me widespread knowledge about the automobile world. Eventually, I learned driving at the age of 18 and I fell in love with driving. from then there is not a single day I have not driven.

Talking about the cars that my family has owned,
  • I have seen an HM Ambassador but don't quite remember about it as I was too small.
  • Two Maruti Zen. I remember one was very well maintained and the other met with an accident and was sold.
  • A Fiat Palio 1.9 diesel elx model. I remember facing a lot of troubles with it.
  • Hyundai Getz GVS. The well maintained MS Zen was exchanged for the Getz. from here on I have been visiting the service center to get the cars serviced with my uncle.
  • Getting fed up with the service of Fiat Palio my uncle exchanged it with a Swift diesel which was back then a hot cake for Maruti. And to date we have it. It has clocked around 2 lakh and 40 thousand km without any engine overhaul and it is still running fine. With the Swift, our faith in Maruti grew and to date, we have not shifted to any other brand.
  • The Hyundai Getz was then replaced by a Maruti Suzuki SX4 diesel. Which was one of the best vehicle that my family had owned after I was born.
  • We also bought a second hand Maruti 800 as a shopping car.
Talking about the cars that my family currently owns,
  • The Maruti 800 was replaced by an Alto Lxi.
  • A 2013 Alto 800 Lxi. This is the second-highest running car in our family with an odometer reading of 76000 KMs.
  • The SX4 was replaced by Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza ZDI+. And the Brezza is my daily driver now.
  • 2018 Wagon R VXI(O)(With dual airbags). By this time I was safety-conscious so we opted for the model with Two airbags and ABS and EBD.
  • As said above the Swift Diesel is still present (Clocked around 2,40,000 KMs Presently). It is in its best possible condition. And we have no intention of selling it.
Hello BHPians-inkedimg_20181019_080233525_hdr_lie.jpg

Please don't think that I am boasting or something about having so many cars. I just have a big family and this is the minimum number of cars we need for daily use. I don't drive all the cars that I have listed. I drive some and other family members drive some. But I am the only one in my family responsible for maintaining all the cars (not that any other family member does not maintain, they just know that I like maintaining cars so they leave that part of owning a vehicle up to me) and I have majority shares in the decision related to cars in my family.

I will share the experiences that I have with our cars, the different mods done to them and some problems that I have faced in my future posts. This is my first post and if by chance I have done some mistakes please try to correct me but I promise you that I will be an active member of the community. Thanks to the moderators who approved my membership, as a result, I can share my views, ideas and experiences that I have as a car enthusiast with other fellow car enthusiasts.

Thanking you all,
Samay Tripathy
(Proud Bhpian)
samay300 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 18:29   #2
BHPian

re: Hello BHPians

Welcome to the forum, Samay! Great to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your time around. Do post ownership threads of your vehicles, and please share photos of your previous cars, if you have them.
See you around!
boniver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 22:35   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Welcome to the forum, Samay! Great to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your time around. Do post ownership threads of your vehicles, and please share photos of your previous cars, if you have them.
See you around!
Thank you.
I will be searching for some old pictures and will post it.

And yes, the ownership threads will be coming soon. Thanks again

Last edited by bblost : 22nd September 2019 at 22:44. Reason: Quoted Post edit.
samay300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 01:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samay300 View Post
But I am the only one in my family responsible for maintaining all the cars
Say this in any other place and they will call you crazy. But not here; here, you are one of us.

Welcome to the t-bhp family.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 11:43   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Say this in any other place and they will call you crazy. But not here; here, you are one of us.

Welcome to the t-bhp family.

True, when I talk about cars, my family thinks I am crazy. I badly needed a platform like team-BHP.
Old 23rd September 2019, 23:21   #6

Re: Hello BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
See you around!
Attaching some photos that I found.

Hello BHPians-1.jpg
Delivery of Hyundai Getz. That kid in the middle was me

Hello BHPians-2.jpg
I am posing with SX4. I was in the 10th standard at that time.

Hello BHPians-3.jpg
Our cars lined up for the ceremony during Durga puja.

Hello BHPians-4.jpg

Hello BHPians-5.jpg

Hello BHPians-6.jpg
Alto 800 with the petes dealer in Bhubaneswar for detailing(As the colour of the car became dull after 6years).

Hello BHPians-7.jpg
Me with the 2018 Wagon R.

Hello BHPians-8.jpg
Brezza delivery day(6th May 2016)

Hello BHPians-9.jpg
Brezza's first wash before delivery.

Hello BHPians-11.jpg
Inspecting Brezza before delivery.

Hello BHPians-10.jpg
Bull Horn LEDs.
Closed Thread