Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2019, 22:32   #1
BHPian

Finally got BHP!

Hi BHPians,

First off, it feels like a life achievement unlocked for me now that I finally got the coveted Team-BHP membership. The first infatuation I ever had, was with a car in the childhood and it continues to be something I 'm pretty obsessed about, although neither me nor my family have owned a car (and, its getting harder and harder to resist my urges to own one, day by day, but somehow I have constraints like unavailability of proper parking space). As such, its an extremely satisfying feeling to be a part of the legendary automotive community, and read about the other car enthusiasts' posts (especially the brilliant ownership reviews), which I have been following for years (in read-only mode). Now I am finally a part of it, a big thanks to the team who considered me competent enough for this.

My Interests and Work:

I'm 18 and dropping for Medical Exams (much against my own wishes, solely for parents' satisfaction, sigh!). But I (mainly) do bug hunting and (web and mobile) security work.

As for my past work, I have been a (application) security consultant (remotely) for a startup for a fintech startup. Also, have been a (infosec) Technical Writer (freelance) in the past.

More specifically, I love web hacking, browser hacking and bug bounties. Also, got featured on the Google bug hunter Hall of Fame, among many other top companies, for spotting security vulnerabilities in them.

Further, I have plans to venture into Car Hacking in near future. Currently reading up on that, but from what I know car hacking isn't much evolved/matured in the Indian scene (but some Indian security conferences like NullCon have had presentations on it lately), would love to hear from BHPians about it - how is this field evolving in India, and your perspective on it?

Incidentally, the day I got approved for Team-BHP, I got one of my highest bug bounties ever from an Indian company which made it a really special day for me! But they deducted a hell lot of tax

Please Help me choose a car (first in my family)!

So, finally I earned enough and saved bit by bit, to buy a decent car for myself. The urge now is now stronger than ever and I am ignoring other constraints that stopped me from buying one so long! I am crazy about power and torque. Would really love to get suggestions from fellow members, what good (used/new) car I should buy which would pull like anything and offer terrific performance (?).

Budget as of now is 8 Lakhs max, but I can stretch it as I keep saving.

Thanks and regards,
wheel spinner

Last edited by ampere : 23rd September 2019 at 07:05. Reason: typos fixed
wheelspinner is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 14:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Finally got BHP!

Hi wheelspinner,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you onboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner View Post
I'm 18 and dropping for Medical Exams (much against my own wishes, solely for parents' satisfaction, sigh!). But I (mainly) do bug hunting and (web and mobile) security work.

As for my past work, I have been a (application) security consultant (remotely) for a startup for a fintech startup. Also, have been a (infosec) Technical Writer (freelance) in the past.

More specifically, I love web hacking, browser hacking and bug bounties. Also, got featured on the Google bug hunter Hall of Fame, among many other top companies, for spotting security vulnerabilities in them.

Further, I have plans to venture into Car Hacking in near future. Currently reading up on that, but from what I know car hacking isn't much evolved/matured in the Indian scene (but some Indian security conferences like NullCon have had presentations on it lately), would love to hear from BHPians about it - how is this field evolving in India, and your perspective on it?

Incidentally, the day I got approved for Team-BHP, I got one of my highest bug bounties ever from an Indian company which made it a really special day for me! But they deducted a hell lot of tax
Wow! That's quite interesting. We would love to hear more from you on this.

Quote:
So, finally I earned enough and saved bit by bit, to buy a decent car for myself. The urge now is now stronger than ever and I am ignoring other constraints that stopped me from buying one so long! I am crazy about power and torque. Would really love to get suggestions from fellow members, what good (used/new) car I should buy which would pull like anything and offer terrific performance (?).

Budget as of now is 8 Lakhs max, but I can stretch it as I keep saving.
Please go through the various threads in the What Car section. I am sure you will be able to come to a conclusion. If not, BHPians are a helpful lot.

Trust you have been through Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 16:33   #3
BHPian

Wow, everything you've written is extremely impressive considering you're just 18. Congratulations in advance for your first car, you truly deserve it! See you around on the forum.
boniver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 17:58   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Wow, everything you've written is extremely impressive considering you're just 18. Congratulations in advance for your first car, you truly deserve it! See you around on the forum.
Thanks a lot for the kind words mate!
Old 23rd September 2019, 23:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner View Post

Welcome to team-bhp. May you go on to own multiple cars that give you joy and happiness.

I assume you have some aptitude towards medicine, otherwise getting into the field just because your parents want you to, is not possible.

If are getting into medicine, then do it wholeheartedly. Your current skillset will give you a big egde in the field. Now, medical diagnosis and treatment is highly computer assisted and the future is heading towards AI. All the more reason for you excel there.

And don't forget, medicine is the original bug hunting sport. Your skills will be invaluable.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 13:36   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Welcome to team-bhp. May you go on to own multiple cars that give you joy and happiness.

I assume you have some aptitude towards medicine, otherwise getting into the field just because your parents want you to, is not possible.

If are getting into medicine, then do it wholeheartedly. Your current skillset will give you a big egde in the field. Now, medical diagnosis and treatment is highly computer assisted and the future is heading towards AI. All the more reason for you excel there.

And don't forget, medicine is the original bug hunting sport. Your skills will be invaluable.
Haha, well said mate. True, Medicine is now focusing more towards AI and data science based technologies. Medicine is the original bug hunting sport, yes of course .

Lastly, thanks for the kind words!
wheelspinner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 20:37   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard man! Glad to have you on-board. You seem to have some great stuff for your age. Kudos to that.

I'm also interested in working as a freelance writer and I'd need your help in doing that. Also, congratulations in advance on your first car. If you can stretch a bit, you can get some FTD machines at that price point. Good luck with your purchase.

Cheers!
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 22:37   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Welcome aboard man! Glad to have you on-board. You seem to have some great stuff for your age. Kudos to that.

I'm also interested in working as a freelance writer and I'd need your help in doing that. Also, congratulations in advance on your first car. If you can stretch a bit, you can get some FTD machines at that price point. Good luck with your purchase.

Cheers!
Thanks mate.

Ofc I can help out, but I won't recommend doing this at all, since I myself left freelancing after a major burnout Lots of work and low wage. First and foremost thing would be to find a niche, like in my case it was Infosec, specifically some rather technical writeups related to the topic.

However, my advise would be to find a good (paid) internship rather, as an UG student which helps in the long run!
wheelspinner is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks