Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2019, 22:00   #1
BHPian

A car lover says hi!

I'm a resident of Hyderabad and I'm aged 24. I graduated as a Doctor this year and I'm preparing for the NEET Entrance for PG education. I have been a car lover since I was very young, looking at pics of cars on papers, internet ; watching videos of car reviews and getting excited listening to the music of accelerating engines and seeing the tachometer slide it's way to the redline.

"My cars" as of now are what my Dad owned till date. I had an urge, temptation to drive since I was 10-12 Years old, but was never given any freedom or chance till I was 18 Years old, which I do not complaint about now. It was the right thing that may parents did I think that's what every parent must do.

Though I wasn't given any chance behind the wheel, I just used to sit in the passenger seat and observe every move as my Dad drove. So I learnt driving really quick once I was given the chance behind the wheel. This interest in driving is the same reason why I got so attracted to the "Live to Drive" stickers of Team BHP on cars.

Coming to the list of cars, which is fairly short, starts with a Maruti Zen. I did not involve much into the cleaning of this car because I was too young at that time and I had my own issue of coping with our Indian Schooling system (I was born in India, shifted to the US for 4 years and returned when I was in LKG). Later in 2005, came our Honda City in the gorgeous New Warm Silver (Gold) color. I would involve in washing the car with my dad during weekends which is the first step of my love towards cars.

Then came The Mighty Volkswagen Jetta TDi in 2013. We opted for the Toffee Brown color. And as I completed my Final Year of MBBS in 2018, I was presented with the Volkswagen Vento 1.5 TDi in Carbon Steel color.

I love washing my cars impeccably, without leaving the door jambs, and wheels. I'm the kind of car guy who looks at the car after walking a distance after parking the car.

I know this is a relatively lengthy introduction, but there is lot more to share in the future. I'll end my intro with pics of my Vento.

A car lover says hi!-20180918_0752420.jpg

A car lover says hi!-20190213_074743.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 8th October 2019 at 22:34. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
saisailendra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 07:49   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the forum. And a neat vento. Wow.

It is a car to reckon with. Will be a story for many awesome drives.

Thankfully I passed out before this neet affair kicked in. Still a bummer. Can get pretty tough and frustrating. Let not this forum be a distraction for you.

We promote studies first and yes cars too.

Happy driving and good luck with neet. Hope you get a pg of your choice. I had to drop 2 years to get into surgery and one year again to get into Ctvs.

So welcome and best wishes for your future.
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 11:15   #3
BHPian

re: A car lover says hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Welcome to the forum. And a neat vento. Wow.
Thank You, Sir, for your warm wishes. Your journey will definitely be an inspiration for my career. I hope to get into a clinical field and reach to the heights of it in the coming years.

And Yes, this Car and this Forum will surely be together with me in my life and not be a distraction

Last edited by ampere : 9th October 2019 at 11:40. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
saisailendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 17:45   #4
BHPian

Well said. My father gifted me a santro when I passed out. 12 years and counting. Still my daily and very comfortable drive. With so many memories. A first car is a first love. It is always there. My best wishes for your journey in life and on this forum.
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 17:55   #5
BHPian

Re: A car lover says hi!

Welcome to the forum buddy. A nice introduction there from you and what a nice looking Vento. I drive around my Dad's VW Polo So we share our love in common for VW, isn't it ??

Well, this is Dr. Vivek here from Belgaum, Karnataka living in Mumbai. I too joined team-bhp just when I secured a seat in DNB Emergency Medicine in 2016 and by God's grace I have passed the final theory exam for now. Anyways, glad to see your love for cars.

But more importantly, concentrate on NEET preparation and may you get the speciality of your choice. Please don't take me as a preacher, but let this forum not distract you much. I have suffered the brunt of NEET in an extremely hard way. It used to be multiple session exam during my time and the IRT software based evaluation ruined my morale multiple times. Thankfully its a single day session now, I learnt. Hence this advise to you.

All the best for your exams and looking forward to hear from you about your car trips as and when you find some time out from studies. Do go through the forum rules !
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed