Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:35   #1
BHPian

Hola a Todos

Greetings everyone,
That feeling when I get a mail saying the words APPROVED on a Saturday evening cannot be explained in words. I couldn’t have asked for a better weekend. Anyways, long story cut short, after 5 attempts in 4 years I am finally here.
Anyways the love for cars dates back to 2007 when I watched Bullitt for the first time. That’s when I discovered the love for cars.
As most of you would have guessed from my name ID I am a huge fan of Skoda cars! 12 years and 3 different cars. Our association dates back to April 2008 when we brought home the Fabia. She was a bright red colored car. And also had a sunroof! But then under her little hood she had a humble 1.4 MPI engine. Rev happy, silent and a classic case of all show and no go. But then she was amazing. The great times, bad times and the worst times she used to stay by my side. Like the saying goes, all good things must come to an end and we parted with her in 2016. I had tears when the new owner took her from me. I could see that our little ever smiling and bubbly Fabia was also feeling sad knowing that she was leaving me. It was like I lost a part of myself along with her. The memories of her is still etched in my mind. Parting with cars always gets me. It hits me right in the heart.

Hola a Todos-rapid-fabia.jpeg

In the meantime, the Rapid 1.6 TDI joined our stable in 2014. She wasn’t all that humble unlike the Fabia. She had plenty of surprises. Of course it was a Turbo charged engine which sweetened the deal. She stayed on till 2017.

Hola a Todos-rapid.jpg

And then in 2017, we welcomed home our Octavia! She has been with us fuss free! Never ceases to impress. I shall pen down an ownership review of our Octavia soon.

Hola a Todos-octavia.jpg

Skoda cars aside the other cars our stable includes are-
1- 2009 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT Dicor
2- 1986 Maruti 800
3- 2014 Toyota Innova

The Safari has been a BigBoy for all our cars. It still remains to be my daily driver and my second favorite among all the current cars owned. Grew up driving the Safari.

Hola a Todos-safari.jpeg

Hola a Todos-800.jpeg
Our beloved Maruti 800.

I started driving quite early.

Cars aside, a bit about myself. My name is Tejus Narayan based out of Silicon Valley of India. Graduated back in May 2019 with a bachelor degree in commerce. Currently taking up an internship program at a Startup firm. And preparing for my CMA USA.

My hobbies include collection of scale model cars, movie buff, going out on adventures to explore unknown places to “reclaim my life”. Yes, my inspiration is the Tata Safari.

Thrilled to be part of Team-BHP and not a spectator anymore.

Thanks for reading my long (not so) intro.

Keep Revving

Last edited by navin : 24th October 2019 at 12:13. Reason: removed underage driving
Octy17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 10:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hola a Todos

Try till you succeed. Welcome to the forum Tejus Narayan. Thanks for uploading pictures of all your rides, but picture of the Innova is missing. Looking forward to reading the ownership review of the Octavia. Do share one of the 800, Safari and the Innova.

Quote:
My hobbies include collection of scale model cars, movie buff, going out on adventures to explore unknown places to “reclaim my life”.
You'll find relevant threads on Team-BHP for your hobbies. I collect 1:18 models myself. Please share pictures of your collection.
Old 25th October 2019, 11:42   #3
BHPian

Re: Hola a Todos

Welcome to Team-BHP Tejus Narayan ! I know the feeling of our applications being accepted. It definitely is a moment to celebrate.

Your fleet consists of all types of vehicles. A small car, a hatch, an SUV and 2 sedans. That's actually amazing.

I too was a spectator before being a part of the forum and thought I spent lots of time reading posts on the forum. But once you become a part of this, you'll eventually understand that the time we spent on the forum before becoming a part of the community is very little. Team-BHP is addictive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octy17 View Post
I shall pen down an ownership review of our Octavia soon.
I'm personally a fan of Sedans and I really look forward to read this review of yours. I hope it will have plenty of pictures. We car lovers don't get tired of looking at pictures of cars we love.
Old 25th October 2019, 12:03   #4
BHPian

Mod Note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks for uploading pictures of all your rides, but picture of the Innova is missing. Looking forward to reading the ownership review of the Octavia. Do share one of the 800, Safari and the Innova.
I shall share a ownership review of the Innova, Safari and our Octavia very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisailendra View Post
Your fleet consists of all types of vehicles. A small car, a hatch, an SUV and 2 sedans. That's actually amazing.
Hahaha very well said. the Innova for the family run, the Safari for our visits to farm, the Octavia for getting from point A-B in a rapid pace and getting excellent mileage at the same time. Of course our 800 for meetups with classic car enthusiasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisailendra View Post
I'm personally a fan of Sedans and I really look forward to read this review of yours. I hope it will have plenty of pictures. We car lovers don't get tired of looking at pictures of cars we love.
An ownership review with plenty of photographs shall be up very soon!

Last edited by Aditya : 25th October 2019 at 12:30. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Octy17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks