Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2019, 15:42   #1
BHPian

Love cars, Live cars

Okay, here goes: (I apologize in advance for length and the inevitable typos)

Hello, Team-BHP! I'm so excited and absolutely honoured to be a part of what is widely accepted to be the haven for automotive enthusiasts in India as well as worldwide. I'm incredibly thrilled to join the ranks of the most dedicated pairs of eyes and ears that roam the Indian automotive scene. Okay now, a bit about me: My name is Fardim, hailing from a town called Telicherry in the Kannur district of Kerala. I've been studying medicine at KMCT Medical College in Mukkam district of Calicut, Kerala since 2017. Picked the name "Gipsy Danger" after the kaiju-slaying badass Jaeger machine that was the star of Guillermo del Toro's 2013 sci-fi flick "Pacific Rim". Turned 20 last August, and have only started driving after attaining my license on December 2018. An absolute newbie, I am.

My love for everything wheels and gasoline, was ignited pretty much the same way as for any millennial petrolhead - video games. Those early Need for Speed titles from Electronic Arts had a collection of incredibly outrageous supercars from the '90s: McLaren F1, Ferrari F50, Jaguar XJ220; over a decade on, and the bellows of their V12s and V8s still keep ringing in my head. And of course, toys. Oh how much I miss you, blue Dodge Viper GTS with the cool stripes! And then came my family's cars: We've had a white Zen LX, an Esteem, a grey Versa DX(remember that one?), a grey Alto LX, a red 2008 WagonR Duo with LPG,and a 2006 Baleno LXI which we've kept to this day thanks to incredible highway performance, although that duty has been relegated to a 2013 Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI, and recently a red Hyundai Elite i20 Sportz Plus CVT.

What, or who brought me to this passionate community? Thanks in no small part to my loving (and sometimes annoying) brother and now fellow BHP-ian GeneralJazz who told me the ugly truths in the Indian automotive scene,and how the efforts of BHP-ians have forced ignorant and incompetent dealers and service centres(especially of a certain German company whose name nearly rhymes with Honda) to rightfully deal with their customers who would've otherwise suffered due to improper consumer laws, or rather the lack of it. I've read stories, about the Kawasaki dealer fiasco, and pretty much every Skoda(Whoops) horror tale. Without such efforts from dedicated enthusiasts, the public would've been reduced to corporate slaves. I sincerely hope this continues to trouble carmakers into taking the market seriously! And then there are the beautifully edited travelogues ( GeneralJazz himself has written a couple of them, featuring the Baleno), and the reviews: the painstaking attention to detail in each article is absolutely mind-blowing! Everything from engine covers to stitchings on the door panel, to the firewall insulation are carefully assessed. All those stuff means absolutely everything for the craving petrolhead in me.

After we brought the i20 CVT home for my mom, she passed down her old ride to me as soon as I was legally permitted to drive - a silver 2011 Maruti Suzuki A-Star VXI Automatic. I do my college runs in it, and despite having a few dents here and there(some caused by myself in the initial months), it's running incredibly well. Sure the 4-speed Torque converter is archaic, and is badly addicted to fuel, but it's incredibly smooth(The AMTs just won't cut it), and reliable. I'm looking forward to covering many more miles in this trusty little workhorse (67 tiny ones in there) and I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences with others and learning other's experiences the long way ahead. sorry for the unnecessary length and please do excuse the typos and grammar!

Here it is: Looked absolutely nothing like the promising concept car, but still looks funky and fresh after all these years nonetheless. The 1.0 3-cylinder K10B engine is tiny, but trusty. Love that thrum.

Love cars, Live cars-20191202_142401.jpg

Peace Out!
GipsyDanger is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 17:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Love cars, Live cars

Absolutely love Pacific Rim and Real Steel!

Welcome to the forum!
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 09:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Love cars, Live cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyDanger View Post

Hello, Team-BHP! I'm so excited and absolutely honoured to be a part of what is widely accepted to be the haven for automotive enthusiasts in India as well as worldwide. I'm incredibly thrilled to join the ranks of the most dedicated pairs of eyes and ears that roam the Indian automotive scene.
Welcome to Team-BHP mate. Glad to have you onboard!

Quote:
Picked the name "Gipsy Danger" after the kaiju-slaying badass Jaeger machine that was the star of Guillermo del Toro's 2013 sci-fi flick "Pacific Rim".
Haha, another fan of the Pacific Rim!

Quote:
My love for everything wheels and gasoline, was ignited pretty much the same way as for any millennial petrolhead - video games. Those early Need for Speed titles from Electronic Arts had a collection of incredibly outrageous supercars from the '90s: McLaren F1, Ferrari F50, Jaguar XJ220; over a decade on, and the bellows of their V12s and V8s still keep ringing in my head. And of course, toys. Oh how much I miss you, blue Dodge Viper GTS with the cool stripes!
Yup, I have vivid memories of the NFS games, especially the Most Wanted and Underground 2. Tell me about it, even today, I don't resist picking up a hot wheels or two

Quote:
And then came my family's cars: We've had a white Zen LX, an Esteem, a grey Versa DX(remember that one?), a grey Alto LX, a red 2008 WagonR Duo with LPG, and a 2006 Baleno LXI which we've kept to this day thanks to incredible highway performance, although that duty has been relegated to a 2013 Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI, and recently a red Hyundai Elite i20 Sportz Plus CVT.
Nice history there. Do tell us more about them - more so about the Versa! I'm a van fan, and apart from brief rides in a Voyager and Versa, I don't have any more knowledge about them.

Quote:
What, or who brought me to this passionate community? Thanks in no small part to my loving (and sometimes annoying) brother and now fellow BHP-ian GeneralJazz ...
Good to know someone in the family shares this passion with you.

Quote:
Here it is: Looked absolutely nothing like the promising concept car, but still looks funky and fresh after all these years nonetheless. The 1.0 3-cylinder K10B engine is tiny, but trusty. Love that thrum.
Way ahead of times. Even today looks fresh! Do pen an ownership review. Before you begin though, request you to take a look at the rules once.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 09:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Kaiju Killer! I absolutely love that movie!
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 10:26   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP mate. Glad to have you onboard!

Haha, another fan of the Pacific Rim!

Yup, I have vivid memories of the NFS games, especially the Most Wanted and Underground 2. Tell me about it, even today, I don't resist picking up a hot wheels or two

Nice history there. Do tell us more about them - more so about the Versa! I'm a van fan, and apart from brief rides in a Voyager and Versa, I don't have any more knowledge about them.

Good to know someone in the family shares this passion with you.

Way ahead of times. Even today looks fresh! Do pen an ownership review. Before you begin though, request you to take a look at the rules once.
Thank you,so much, sir! I've seen many of your posts regarding excellent car reviews to scoops on upcoming launches in various threads. Honestly makes me really excited to be a part of all of this. Even so, I'm kind of intimidated by all these incredibly detailed and beautifully written ownership threads that I'm kind of sweating even thinking of doing one That being said, I'm genuinely grateful for your encouragement and I'm greatly looking forward to being an active participant in these wonderful threads, with others!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Absolutely love Pacific Rim and Real Steel!

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you very much!
Looking forward to many great threads, polls, discussions etc..
Peace!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 3rd December 2019 at 10:39. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Old 3rd December 2019, 10:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyDanger View Post
Hello, Team-BHP! I'm so excited and absolutely honoured to be a part of what is widely accepted to be the haven for automotive enthusiasts in India as well as worldwide.
Welcome to the forum lil bro! I'm pretty sure you can find a thread about even the most obscure interest you may have!

Mukkam has many hidden chill-out spots, a few you already must have found out by now. Do post pics of those. I promise I wont tell mom!
GeneralJazz is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks