Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2007, 13:45   #1
BHPian

Hi..I am Saurabh

Hi..this is Saurabh from Kolkata. I had been following the excellent posts on TBHP for quite some time now. I always wanted to become a member of TBHP, but, somehow, never managed to make it happen, until now.

Today, looking out at the gloomy Copenhagen skyline on a Sunday afternoon, from my apartment window, thought, why not add some sunshine to my life. Hence, took the plunge...

I work for a MNC and at this moment, I am facilitating a project start up in
Copenhagen, Denmark. Needless to mention, I am an automobile enthusiast. I am a member of the PalioUsersGroup for the last 2 years, that's when I bought my beloved Palio ELX NV. I also have a 2001 Zen VX, but, its the Palio I love most for its superb ride quality and handling.

Today, I really feel proud to be a member of TBHP and wish to have a nice time here.

Drive with care..
Old 4th March 2007, 14:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey saurabh dude welcome to TBHP..Cheers
Old 4th March 2007, 14:15   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Sourabh M,

Thats a great intro....good to have you here.

cya around,
R
Old 4th March 2007, 14:22   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Saurabh.
We have lots of Palio lovers here in Tbhp, including myself .

Cheers Major
(Another PUG member)
Old 4th March 2007, 18:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome abroad SaurabhM. Enjoy your stay here!
Old 4th March 2007, 20:49   #6
BHPian

welcome to heaven & hell, u wont find it together anywhere else...

see you aroud buddy
Old 4th March 2007, 21:14   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard Saurabh, have a good stay. You'll have ample company of Palio lovers here.
Old 4th March 2007, 21:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

welcome to team bhp saurabh. enjoy your stay here.

wow another member from Kolkata.

take care and drive safe.
Old 4th March 2007, 23:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Man, do I have a feeling that we have met before!!! Welcome.
Old 5th March 2007, 20:29   #10
BHPian

Hi..thanks for all the nice welcome messages.

Yes 1100D, you are spot-on....I am the same person whose Palio you almost scratched (rear bumper) with your superbly maintained 1100 - (you admitted)

Take care..
Old 6th March 2007, 00:10   #11
BHPian

Welcome Saurabh,
@ planet & 1100D, yeah we have another kolkatan joining us
Old 6th March 2007, 22:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Well Saurabh that was a joke, infact I dont feel like scratching any fellow Fiat owners. I nowadays keep the jack handle handy near the passenger seat to show to any taxiwalah or rickshaw-walah what the after effect will be if they put a scratch on my car. BTW the 1100d which everyone said was superbly maintained just got opened up for a 2k paint job (same shade) and beleive me I was very unpleasantly surprised seeing the condition of the floor-board. So I got in deeper, had the engine-gearbox taken off and the entire monocoque inspected for thickness. Removed non-standard impurities. Hopefully I will get the car before I leave for long term onsite assignment next weekend (the restoration is taking well over 2 months of continuous work).

There is one more person from big blue in this forum, a very good friend of mine and the most active Kolkata member - shuvc. Shuvojoy Chowdhury.

BTW when did u go to copen? and for how long? Infact thats why I was missing seeing both the palio's. Samba's 1.6 I see sometimes being driven by a frail old man, who probably thinks he is driving a bigger heavier Maruti 800, how boring!!

So no fun these days on way (or back) from work. Sumitro's still here, but seldom we get to "meet" (u know what I mean!!). Last I "met" him was many months back in front of Nicco park at 130 kmph (I was behind him, not ahead) thru traffic, but since then somehow he does not play (or simply does not get the opportunity to - blame me for that :-)).
Old 7th March 2007, 14:51   #13
BHPian

Hi 1100D,

I know that was a joke...you drive too well to make such a thing happen.

Sincerely hope that the 1100 gets home soon. I know Shuvojoy very well.

I am in Copenhagen since January and its time to go home now. I will be reaching Kolkata on Mar 25. Samba is in Ireland and will also be returning to Kolkata around Mar 23. Thats why you are not seeing the Palios on your way to work. I am longing to get back into by black beauty...

Just 2 weeks before coming to Denmark, I did an excellent trip to Ghatsila, the weather was perfect and the drive was too good. Planning to go to Massanjore once the monsoon starts.

When are you travelling on your onsite assignment this time?
..Let the duel continue safely, between you and Sumitro

Drive safe..
Old 7th March 2007, 23:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately, this weekend is most likely the travel and I hate it, because the 1100d would take another 2 days to be ready. So most likely I wont even be able to drive her around. Though most people would think, oh whats the point in wanting to drive that old car, but that old car always ran mechanically brand new. I know exactly how to tune it, either for Fuel efficiency or raw power. Even where I want the power, lower down in the rev range or high up. I am also going to miss the Ikon, driving in US is boring at best, its such a shame that you cant even try to judge the true potential of the machines which are generally much better. I know you'll talk about track-day, well thats where most of my money was plundered in my last 2 yr stint there (also had to take the Track-attack race school training in RWD open cars, yeah it was mandatory for me!!). But I guess this time I wont be doing all that, god knows how am I going to survive.
Old 8th March 2007, 13:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

Saurabh !! Welcome to T-BHP! Nice to see you finally taking the plunge. Let's meet up as T-BHP members after you return.

Btw, we have another member from our org on board - @Hells Bells a.k.a Rishi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks