Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2020, 17:35   #1

Hello from Trivandrum

Hello Everyone,

Back in 2008, I was searching online reviews for deciding my first car and there I saw the team-bhp review thread. I must have gone thrown every page of it.
After many years of hanging around in Team-BHP in read-only mode, it feels great to be part of this amazing community.

Let me introduce myself. I am Aromal R from Trivandrum, A software Professional by profession working in an MNC. Cars have been my passion right from childhood.
i am more of a Sedan guy, who enjoys long drives, rather than giving in to the thrill for speed
Past Rides:
HM Ambassador (My father's first car) - He bought it as used one in 1999. I learned the driving on it. I must have driven around 50k+ on it. This thing was unreliable but taught me the basics of mechanicals.
2008 Maruti Swift ZXI- My First car after I got my job in Bangalore. But car was in Kerala. so I drove only a couple of thousands of KMs on it.
2011 Ford Figo TDCI Titanium - wow. this was a gem of a car for its dynamics and I doubt any ford today can give the grin on your face on those corners. But it had plagued with injector failures ( 4 Injectors gone kaput in a year).

Current Rides:
2014 Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI Elegance- Oh Boy, The pull is really addictive even after so many years . I have done many mild mods on it such as RCD 340 G and reverse cam. Upgraded the low beam to HID and then to LED.
It runs on 205 55 R15 Conti 5 Tyres. Since I had a severe back ached due to damaged lumbar disc, it is not so enjoyable to drive in dense traffic now. The hard clutch doesn’t help either. so the car is doing its duty at my home town (Adoor) and is driven by our driver.
2018 Honda Amaze V Diesel CVT - My daily drive now. An outbox was much needed for me in ever-increasing traffic in an around Trivandrum coupled with my backache problem. Jack of all trade and master in Diesel CVT.
2007 Pulsar 150 DTSI - 30000+ KM and planning to upgrade to 650CC soon.
2019 TVS Ntorq Race Edition - Small pocket rocket and it sounds like a 200cc Bike. serving me well on weekends for shopping.

Cheers.
Turbospool83 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 21:23   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hello from Trivandrum

Welcome onboard fellow Trivian .

Your car history perfectly mirrors the stereotypical IT guy car for each time period. Would be perfect if your Swift was white and you had a Creta instead of the Amaze.

Ages since I have looked into 2 wheelers, but the Ntorq seems to be interesting. Pocket rocket, hmm...

See you around, and maybe a TVPM meet up soon. Had a small meetup last month.

Cheers.
Old 4th February 2020, 10:03   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello from Trivandrum

Welcome neighbor, your list of rides definitely describe how passionate you are. Stay in good health and enjoy your passion. Do post reviews about your rides.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th February 2020 at 10:09. Reason: Edited for punctuation.
Old 4th February 2020, 12:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Turbospool83! Some nice set of rides you've got.

Your comments of increasing traffic in TVM is scaring me. I was thinking of moving back to escape the BLR traffic.

How about a meet around 21st ? It is the shivaratri long weekend.
Old 4th February 2020, 19:28   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Welcome onboard fellow Trivian .
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK79 View Post
Welcome neighbor, your list of rides definitely describe how passionate you are. Stay in good health and enjoy your passion. Do post reviews about your rides.
Thanks. Will do for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Welcome Turbospool83! Some nice set of rides you've got.

Your comments of increasing traffic in TVM is scaring me. I was thinking of moving back to escape the BLR traffic.
Yes, especially in the Kazhakootham and Sreekaryam area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
How about a meet around 21st ? It is the shivaratri long weekend.
Unfortunately, I have other commitments. Happy to join next time.
Old 5th February 2020, 18:21   #6
BHPian

Welcome to the forum ! Saw Adoor mentioned and I had to reply. I'm from Pathanamthitta, currently living in Cochin. Happy to see more people from Travancore in the forum !
I was lucky to be in Trivandrum for 3 years and I have a lot of great memories there. And yes the Chakai bye pass traffic especially near Eanchakkal has gone for the worse. I'm afraid it may further worsen with that mall coming up in Akkulam. Earlier the only place you'd have to worry about traffic or roadblocks was Statue junction due to all the protests, marches and sometimes movie filming on the road to the secretariat.
Welcome again to the forum and hope to catch up with you during one of our meets !
Old 5th February 2020, 19:40   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
Welcome to the forum ! Saw Adoor mentioned and I had to reply. I'm from Pathanamthitta, currently living in Cochin. Happy to see more people from Travancore in the forum !
I was lucky to be in Trivandrum for 3 years and I have a lot of great memories there. And yes the Chakai bye pass traffic especially near Eanchakkal has gone for the worse. I'm afraid it may further worsen with that mall coming up in Akkulam. Earlier the only place you'd have to worry about traffic or roadblocks was Statue junction due to all the protests, marches and sometimes movie filming on the road to the secretariat.
Welcome again to the forum and hope to catch up with you during one of our meets !
Thank you. Happy to see BHPians from PTA as well.
Old 6th February 2020, 10:23   #8
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team Bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbospool83 View Post
I've had a 2006 Pulsar 180 as well. Have a Versys 650 now, which I use for weekend rides around Bangalore, but found it to be an overkill during both my rides to Trivandrum.

Please do test rides before deciding! Unless you ride out of Kerala often, there is very little scope to open throttle on a 650cc.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 16:36   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbospool83 View Post

Cheers.
That sounds so me! I own a 2009 P200 DTS-i, now approx. 93000Km and I have been planning to upgrade to a middleweight for quite some time. Due to the nature of my job, Im yet to finalise my purchase decision.

And yes, welcome aboard!
awinriez is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks