Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2020, 21:22   #1

Hello fellow BHPians

Hi,

I'm Karthik, I've been a silent follower of Team-BHP for more than a decade and recently got into the forum as a member !

I'm 32 years old, married, one daughter and expecting our second child soon. Currently working as a Senior Product Manager with a US based Healthcare Company.

I started driving at an "unmentionable" age . The very first car that I ever drove was my dad's Maruti 800 in an Aquamaraine Green.
These are some of the cars that we've owned/own - Indica, Lancer Elite (which to date has been the car that I loved driving the most - unfortunately "totaled"), Santro, Honda City iVtec, Ford Fiesta, Hyundai i20 (current), Ford Aspire (current).

Life happened, and I moved to United States in mid 2019 for work and found a place within 20 mins of walking radius. This meant I could push my car purchase decision for as long as I wished. This also gave me the opportunity to drive different cars by renting them out at regular intervals and it also worked cheaper than owning a car !
But beyond a point the economics started working in favor of owing a car, and I decided to get a SUV that would be fun to drive and could seat 5 (or occasional 7) comfortably with enough room for luggage.
With so many choices in the US car market today the decision making gets really difficult or rather stressful.

But once I had my priorities lined up, there was only one car that fit perfectly for my needs and budget, and thats how I ended up getting a pre worshiped low miles 2016 Mazda CX9 (will try and post a ownership review soon!) Outside of work and cars, I'm also interested in photography as hobby and enjoy long drives.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th February 2020 at 21:41. Reason: Spacing. Welcome onboard. :)
KartikRajasekar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 10:33   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello fellow BHPians

Hi Karthik,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartikRajasekar View Post
I started driving at an "unmentionable" age . The very first car that I ever drove was my dad's Maruti 800 in an Aquamaraine Green.
I'm sure many BHPians have these points in common with you.

Quote:
These are some of the cars that we've owned/own - Indica, Lancer Elite (which to date has been the car that I loved driving the most - unfortunately "totaled"), Santro, Honda City iVtec, Ford Fiesta, Hyundai i20 (current), Ford Aspire (current).
That's quite a long list you have. I've owned a Lancer myself and loved the experience. I've also driven a Ford Fiesta a lot.

Quote:
Life happened, and I moved to United States in mid 2019 for work and found a place within 20 mins of walking radius. This meant I could push my car purchase decision for as long as I wished. This also gave me the opportunity to drive different cars by renting them out at regular intervals and it also worked cheaper than owning a car !

But beyond a point the economics started working in favor of owing a car, and I decided to get a SUV that would be fun to drive and could seat 5 (or occasional 7) comfortably with enough room for luggage.
Very good idea. Nothing like having your place of work close to your home. Renting a car is cheaper as long as your usage is limited and you get to drive different vehicles.

Quote:
But once I had my priorities lined up, there was only one car that fit perfectly for my needs and budget, and thats how I ended up getting a pre worshiped low miles 2016 Mazda CX9 (will try and post a ownership review soon!)
We will look forward to you review.

Quote:
Outside of work and cars, I'm also interested in photography as hobby and enjoy long drives.
You'll find many others sharing who share interests with you on the forum.

Please take some time to go through Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Old 6th February 2020, 10:40   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello fellow BHPians

Welcome to Team-Bhp Karthik.

Looking forward to your review of the Mazda.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks