Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2020, 15:21   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Greetings to the esteemed members from the City of Joy

Some things just happen when they have to. My inclusion in this wonderful forum is among such things. I started following the forum way back around 2003 or 2004 when I was scouting for my first bike. Days went by and I graduated from bike to a car and the process remained same. Somewhere along the way started to follow all the lovely travelogues and I was hooked onto the forum even more. And one fine day while going to the office, i found not one but two cars with Team-BHP stickers in my locality and then it occurred to me that i can think of being a member as well.

Ordered the stickers first and proudly displayed them in the car before applying and then came the shocker of rejection !! The hurt of rejection was too much to take, so much so that I stopped applying again even though the mail asked me to . Nevertheless, I applied some years after and here I am writing an introduction.

I though never stopped travelling making long enough trips down south and north of India. Eastern part is like home and being brought up in the North-East specifically spending my childhood at Naharlagun-Itanagar (the twin capital city of Arunachal Pradesh). I come with lots of stories to share with all you wonderful people. Now that I am in Calcutta , I am sure I will get the opportunity to interact with the vibrant community members here. Talking of members, by now and over the years , I actually can recognize many of the esteemed members of Calcutta chapter and their vehicles.

Speaking of vehicles, the first car in my paternal place was a classic Willy's Jeep, a Mark1 HM Ambassador, a Yezdi and a Bajaj Chetak. First bike I bought was a Bajaj Kawasaki Caliber 115 which I later exchanged for a Honda Unicorn and still hold that workhorse. Drove Ford Figo for five years and got hooked onto the Ford bandwagon moving onto Ecosport now which I lovingly call Baahon since my friends have given the name to it.

Apart from travelling, I am a big time foodie and high on Philately as well, complete sports lover and probably an unfinished photographer. I am a Company Secretary (CS) by profession,so that's about it for now.

A big thank you to the moderators for granting me an audience here and in accepting me. I hope to add some value in whatever way i can to make this forum richer and gaining some knowledge in the process too. And yes, the name is Abhishek without the BACHCHAN!!

Last edited by ampere : 14th February 2020 at 10:30. Reason: Removed bold text formatting, spacing errors; Plus Fixed Punctuation
ABHI_1512 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 18:42   #2
BHPian

Re: Greetings to the esteemed members from the City of Joy

Hey there! I too belong from the city of Joy. Nice seeing other happy member's out here
momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 00:15   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Hey there! I too belong from the city of Joy. Nice seeing other happy member's out here
Thanks for the warm welcome , I am sure our paths will cross somewhere soon .
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 16:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Abhishek,

Welcome to Team-BHP!

It seems you have a treasure trove of travel stories to share. I would love to read your experiences, especially since I have never been to the eastern part of the country.

Cheers!
TusharK
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 21:14   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hi Abhishek,

Welcome to Team-BHP!

It seems you have a treasure trove of travel stories to share. I would love to read your experiences, especially since I have never been to the eastern part of the country.

Cheers!
TusharK
Thanks much for the wonderful words, don’t know about the treasure trove but I do have some stories surely . I will definitely try to share some with all you wonderful people.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed