Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Introduce yourself


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2020, 17:35   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 15
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Hello Everyone!

Hello members, I am glad to be onboard and be part of the Team- BHP community.

I am Vijay Srinivasan, from Chennai and I am a gaming Entrepreneur. I run a gaming studio called Hammerplay Studios based in Chennai and yes I make and play games for a living. I am married and have a 5 year old son who equally likes and appreciates cars at this age. My wife is Senior Software Engineer at a leading firm and has also grown to like cars and travel along with me. I am very passionate about games, Hi-Fi audio, cars, aircrafts and travel.

Previously I owned a Maruti Ritz that served me well and then I moved to a Civic that I really enjoyed. I was then looking to buy a car that I wanted to keep for a long time and after much research, bought a V40 Cross Country that has been a great ride and companion on long drives.

I look forward to some great interactions with you members.

Thanks,

Vijay
vjbox is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2020, 17:56   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 71
Thanked: 86 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Hello Everyone!

Hey, welcome to TBHP. You're living every child's dream. The Volvo V40 is one of my favorite station wagons. Do post an ownership post about it.
Have fun!
Sreesh
Sreesh1009 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2020, 08:05   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 15
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Hello Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Hey, welcome to TBHP. You're living every child's dream. The Volvo V40 is one of my favorite station wagons. Do post an ownership post about it.
Have fun!
Sreesh
Thanks Sreesh. Will absolutely post a ownership review soon!
vjbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2020, 12:26   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,886
Thanked: 15,993 Times
Default Re: Hello Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
I am very passionate about games, Hi-Fi audio, cars, aircrafts and travel.
Hi Welcome,
You certainly will find lots of information on all of your passions on the forum. Looking forward to your contribution.

I would love to hear some more about how games get developed.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2020, 12:45   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea (Bihar)
Posts: 6,368
Thanked: 7,899 Times
Default Re: Hello Everyone!

I assume, not many look forward to Monday mornings, you are an exception I think .

Apart from photography, your other interests have a lot in common with most if not all BHPians.

Welcome aboard and have a fun stay, see you around.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2020, 10:15   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
blackwasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 2,361
Thanked: 16,666 Times
Default Re: Hello Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Hello members, I am glad to be onboard and be part of the Team- BHP community.
Welcome to Team-BHP Vijay, glad to have you onboard!

Quote:
I am Vijay Srinivasan, from Chennai and I am a gaming Entrepreneur. I run a gaming studio called Hammerplay Studios based in Chennai and yes I make and play games for a living.
Wow, thats awesome man! I have at some point in time wanted to be a part of a game development, and to that extent I had even done some courses during my engineering (non programming ofcouse, more towards rewards, gamification etc.). These days, I test games for small independent developers as a token for their hard work in this tough market.

Quote:
Previously I owned a Maruti Ritz that served me well and then I moved to a Civic that I really enjoyed. I was then looking to buy a car that I wanted to keep for a long time and after much research, bought a V40 Cross Country that has been a great ride and companion on long drives.
From Ritz, to Civic and the V40! Thats an interesting journey and I would definitely like to know more about it. Do share an ownership thread of the car. Before you begin, do take a look at the forum rules once.

Cheers!
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2020, 10:42   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 15
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I assume, not many look forward to Monday mornings, you are an exception I think .

Thanks, Sheel. I got to admit Monday mornings are the best especially when we are building something cool. I won't deny the anxiety to get back to the saddle but it can be the opposite too at times

Great to be here with the community and share/learn stuff on a lot of different areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Vijay, glad to have you onboard!
Absolutely, I am looking to write up that journey and more specifically write an ownership review on the V40. I will definitely post that soon.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 17th February 2020 at 23:22. Reason: Merged the two posts and trimmed the posts within quotes. Thanks.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2020, 23:28   #8
Team-BHP Support
 
BlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calcutta/London
Posts: 2,823
Thanked: 8,826 Times
Default Re: Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the forum Vijay! Volvo V40 is a fantastic car. Regarding developing games, that is a dream of many from our generation and glad to see that you are living it. It will be interesting to have a separate thread on that if you can spare some time.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2020, 18:09   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 15
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Hello Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Welcome to the forum Vijay! Volvo V40 is a fantastic car. Regarding developing games, that is a dream of many from our generation and glad to see that you are living it. It will be interesting to have a separate thread on that if you can spare some time.

Thanks, BlackPearl, I have certainly been enjoying the car. I will try and open up a separate thread on game development soon.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 18th February 2020 at 18:57. Reason: Typo.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2020, 16:13   #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: KTYM/MAS
Posts: 12
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Hello Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Hello members, I am glad to be onboard and be part of the Team- BHP community.

I am Vijay Srinivasan, from Chennai and I am a gaming Entrepreneur.
Welcome aboard, from a fellow newbie! Must say that the moment i read about what you do,looking forward to athread on your experience in the gaming industry.
philipmathen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello Everyone H2. Introduce yourself 8 28th May 2005 22:40
Hello everyone... aveek Introduce yourself 14 4th March 2005 20:42
Hello everyone-Islero islero Introduce yourself 10 1st January 2005 18:53
Everyone! Hello!! S350L-E240 Introduce yourself 38 2nd May 2004 14:13
Hello Everyone! Pferdestärke Introduce yourself 20 1st April 2004 13:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:43.

Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks