Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2020, 17:35   #1
BHPian

Hello Everyone!

Hello members, I am glad to be onboard and be part of the Team- BHP community.

I am Vijay Srinivasan, from Chennai and I am a gaming Entrepreneur. I run a gaming studio called Hammerplay Studios based in Chennai and yes I make and play games for a living. I am married and have a 5 year old son who equally likes and appreciates cars at this age. My wife is Senior Software Engineer at a leading firm and has also grown to like cars and travel along with me. I am very passionate about games, Hi-Fi audio, cars, aircrafts and travel.

Previously I owned a Maruti Ritz that served me well and then I moved to a Civic that I really enjoyed. I was then looking to buy a car that I wanted to keep for a long time and after much research, bought a V40 Cross Country that has been a great ride and companion on long drives.

I look forward to some great interactions with you members.

Thanks,

Vijay
vjbox is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 17:56   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello Everyone!

Hey, welcome to TBHP. You're living every child's dream. The Volvo V40 is one of my favorite station wagons. Do post an ownership post about it.
Have fun!
Sreesh
Old 16th February 2020, 08:05   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Hey, welcome to TBHP. You're living every child's dream. The Volvo V40 is one of my favorite station wagons. Do post an ownership post about it.
Have fun!
Sreesh
Thanks Sreesh. Will absolutely post a ownership review soon!
Old 16th February 2020, 12:26   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
I am very passionate about games, Hi-Fi audio, cars, aircrafts and travel.
Hi Welcome,
You certainly will find lots of information on all of your passions on the forum. Looking forward to your contribution.

I would love to hear some more about how games get developed.

Jeroen
Old 16th February 2020, 12:45   #5
Team-BHP Support

I assume, not many look forward to Monday mornings, you are an exception I think .

Apart from photography, your other interests have a lot in common with most if not all BHPians.

Welcome aboard and have a fun stay, see you around.
Old 17th February 2020, 10:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to Team-BHP Vijay, glad to have you onboard!

Quote:
I am Vijay Srinivasan, from Chennai and I am a gaming Entrepreneur. I run a gaming studio called Hammerplay Studios based in Chennai and yes I make and play games for a living.
Wow, thats awesome man! I have at some point in time wanted to be a part of a game development, and to that extent I had even done some courses during my engineering (non programming ofcouse, more towards rewards, gamification etc.). These days, I test games for small independent developers as a token for their hard work in this tough market.

Quote:
Previously I owned a Maruti Ritz that served me well and then I moved to a Civic that I really enjoyed. I was then looking to buy a car that I wanted to keep for a long time and after much research, bought a V40 Cross Country that has been a great ride and companion on long drives.
From Ritz, to Civic and the V40! Thats an interesting journey and I would definitely like to know more about it. Do share an ownership thread of the car. Before you begin, do take a look at the forum rules once.

Cheers!
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 10:42   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I assume, not many look forward to Monday mornings, you are an exception I think .

Thanks, Sheel. I got to admit Monday mornings are the best especially when we are building something cool. I won't deny the anxiety to get back to the saddle but it can be the opposite too at times

Great to be here with the community and share/learn stuff on a lot of different areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Vijay, glad to have you onboard!
Absolutely, I am looking to write up that journey and more specifically write an ownership review on the V40. I will definitely post that soon.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 17th February 2020 at 23:22. Reason: Merged the two posts and trimmed the posts within quotes. Thanks.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 23:28   #8
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum Vijay! Volvo V40 is a fantastic car. Regarding developing games, that is a dream of many from our generation and glad to see that you are living it. It will be interesting to have a separate thread on that if you can spare some time.
Old 18th February 2020, 18:09   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Welcome to the forum Vijay! Volvo V40 is a fantastic car. Regarding developing games, that is a dream of many from our generation and glad to see that you are living it. It will be interesting to have a separate thread on that if you can spare some time.

Thanks, BlackPearl, I have certainly been enjoying the car. I will try and open up a separate thread on game development soon.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 18th February 2020 at 18:57. Reason: Typo.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 16:13   #10
BHPian

Quote:

I am Vijay Srinivasan, from Chennai and I am a gaming Entrepreneur.
Welcome aboard, from a fellow newbie! Must say that the moment i read about what you do,looking forward to athread on your experience in the gaming industry.
philipmathen is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed