Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2020, 22:19   #1
BHPian

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

The number one fear in life is public speaking / forum writing, and the number-two fear is death. This means that if you go to a funeral, you're better off in the casket than giving the eulogy. - Jerry Seinfeld
I don’t know how this introduction would pan out, but what’s the harm in trying. So here I start -

Let me give you all a brief about my journey with Team BHP before I present myself. While a lot of people are contemplating the future of their love life being just the 4th day from the Valentine’s, I was pondering over my answers for the Team-BHP membership questions until I got an email with the subject line “Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!”. 18th of February, what a fine day for a lot of people around the world. Just not being the birthdays for celebrities like Dr. Dre the rapper, John Travolta and Matt Dillon, today is the day when I am officially a Team-BHPian. I came across the Team BHP website way back in 2013 and got hooked to Sam Kapasi Sir's writing (may his soul rest in peace). Slowly and steadily graduated to understand Jaggu Sir's, BlackPearl Sir’s, Ajmat Sir's and Rehaan Sir's along with other senior's language. Seniors not by age but definitely by experience. Then one fine day I researched about GTO Sir. Rushabh Parekh, the brain behind this fantastic website. The person who turned his dream of an automotive web community into reality and created Team-BHP. A website with high morals and ethics, a website which doesn't take a penny from automobile manufacturers and is strictly against biased reviews and much more. Obviously I was super interested in becoming a member of such a prestigious group. But as IIT is for engineering aspirants, Team-BHP is for petrol heads. Goes without saying I tried more than thrice for this membership. I always believed “The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese” and kept reading and updating myself. Was jumping like a kangaroo out of happiness the day my wife gifted me the Team BHP stickers and Keyrings from the official merchandise though I wasn’t an official member then but a strong supporter. The “Live to Drive” and “Got BHP” stickers are the crown of both my cars and right after I put the stickers a thought prevailed in my mind – if a car with a Team-BHP sticker isn’t following the rules, how would others? It naturally made me a better driver in many aspects be it the 2 second rule, the always seat belt rule, no high beam in the city rule etc. Such is the impact of this community on my life.

Now coming to myself, actually not quite much to tell. I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious. One thing about me I can change pessimist thoughts into optimistic ones (see I applied thrice before I got in this forum). I am Satyam Roy, auto enthusiast at heart. Born and brought up in Noida, 32 years old, Electronics and Communication engineer followed by dual Masters in Human Resources and Finance by education and into the HR Head by profession for Universal Studios. Love music of all sorts and cooking, specifically non veg. Married after a 7 year relationship. My better half is a corporate doctor with Oracle. As far as cars at home are concerned I have a Vitara Brezza and wife drives a Honda City, Dad is on Honda Amaze.

Before applying the parking brakes a token of sincere thanks to all the contributors of this website and admins, who make it a place it is for people like us.

“Hug your kids at home, but belt them in the car.”
SatyRoy is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 04:10   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Welcome to the forum SatyRoy! Nice introduction and hope you have a nice stay here. I too have an Electronics and Telecommunication engineering background.
It is good to see that you are an ardent supporter of following the driving rules and etiquettes. We need more people like you on the roads.
Please post pictures of your Brezza when you get a chance.
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 04:56   #3
BHPian

The first reply on Team-BHP, a note from the legendary 4x4 master BlackPearl himself. Thanks a lot for taking the time out to welcome me Sir. Over the period of time I have read almost all your posts and hoped that some day I get a chance to interact with you. Well, dreams do come true. As instructed would certainly post the pics of my Brezza. Thank you once again. Its a very good feeling to be a part of this community.
SatyRoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 05:41   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the team Satyam Roy! Great introduction post, and looking forward to having great contributions and meaningful discussions from you in future
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 05:51   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Welcome to the team Satyam Roy! Great introduction post, and looking forward to having great contributions and meaningful discussions from you in future
Thanks a lot for your kind words vb-san Sir. The second welcome note from a Moderator himself. This is indeed a good start.
Would certainly try to contribute as much as possible and grow with this awesome community.
SatyRoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed