Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2020, 16:35   #1
BHPian

Third time lucky!

Rewind to circa 2010, I was 14 years old, hunting in the market for a new set of wheels, planning a Rajasthan tour (with the new car, of course), deciding whether to sell one of the old rides or not. Yes, this was the task and mental PLEASURE I was going through. BOOM! I crashed hard into this website which screams cars, bikes and anything on wheels! And from that day onward I have spent a considerable amount of leisure, study, exam on the head and office time on TBHP. I found a new addiction. Found all my answers here and ORDERED my dad to buy it. Everyone in my family was happy and content. So the thing is, in my family or even the extended family members, whenever a time came to buy a new car/bike or plan a road trip the immediate go-to guy was ME, and I enjoy that part, researching extensively by putting myself into their shoes and advising them the perfect set of wheels. My guess would be that they have been listening to me all these years as their purchase have always been to what I suggested them.

In the meantime, errr a decade, I tried applying for TBHP membership 2 times! Rejected, furious, dejected I went on to browsing it as a guest. Heck! Even bought TBHP T-shirts, stickers, hoodies.

But one fine day, in Feb 2020, sitting in my office, I penned down those 4-5 paragraphs, short, concise, from-my-heart and submitted my form. VOILA!! Next thing I’m writing down is this introduction. “Mini-life goal achieved” – that was my feeling.

With this manner, I’ll keep on going; so let’s skip to the rides section. My garage, oops (dad’s garage) consists/ed of – (sold and current)

All cars are petrol.

1. 1992 Premier Padmini (sold 2001)
2. 2001 MS 800 5-speed (59k - sold 2018)
3. 2008 MS A-star Vxi (25k)
4. 2008 Honda Civic - S MT (85k) Pre worshipped (acquired in 2012)
5. 2011 Hyundai i20 – Asta (o) (36k – sold 2018)
6. 2011 Hyundai i20 – Sportz (30k)
7. 2016 VW Ameo – Highline (55k)
8. 2017 Hyundai i20 – Active SX (14k)
9. 2019 Kia Seltos – HTK + (9k)

My adrenaline booster is a white and blue pre – worshipped 2018 October - Bajaj Pulsar RS200 BSIV. Got a super sweet deal, was just 7 months old and had only 219 kms on the odo.

I learnt driving primarily on that MS 800 and i20 Asta(o). My dad taught me how to drive in 2010, I was in 8th standard. (I do not entertain driving sans license.) No driving schools, no trainer, nothing. I did not even ask him twice to teach me, he took me to drive around voluntarily. WHAT A DAD!!

That’s been my introduction folks. Hope to drive along with TBHP members one day!

NA
na_agrawal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 09:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Third time lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post
BOOM! I crashed hard into this website which screams cars, bikes and anything on wheels! And from that day onward I have spent a considerable amount of leisure, study, exam on the head and office time on TBHP. I found a new addiction. Found all my answers here and ORDERED my dad to buy it. Everyone in my family was happy and content.
Welcome to Team-BHP! Glad to have you on board. Aren't we all here addicted to cars?

Quote:
In the meantime, errr a decade, I tried applying for TBHP membership 2 times! Rejected, furious, dejected I went on to browsing it as a guest. Heck! Even bought TBHP T-shirts, stickers, hoodies.
Well, they say, keep trying and don't give up!

Quote:
But one fine day, in Feb 2020, sitting in my office, I penned down those 4-5 paragraphs, short, concise, from-my-heart and submitted my form. VOILA!! Next thing I’m writing down is this introduction. “Mini-life goal achieved” – that was my feeling.
Lovely style of writing you have got there. Looking forward to your travelogues and ownership report or anything else that you can come up with!

Quote:

With this manner, I’ll keep on going; so let’s skip to the rides section. My garage, oops (dad’s garage) consists/ed of – (sold and current)

All cars are petrol.

1. 1992 Premier Padmini (sold 2001)
2. 2001 MS 800 5-speed (59k - sold 2018)
3. 2008 MS A-star Vxi (25k)
4. 2008 Honda Civic - S MT (85k) Pre worshipped (acquired in 2012)
5. 2011 Hyundai i20 – Asta (o) (36k – sold 2018)
6. 2011 Hyundai i20 – Sportz (30k)
7. 2016 VW Ameo – Highline (55k)
8. 2017 Hyundai i20 – Active SX (14k)
9. 2019 Kia Seltos – HTK + (9k)
Some nice cars there. Hows the Seltos treating you? I'm sure many here would like to know your experience with the same. Do pen down an ownership report.

Quote:
My adrenaline booster is a white and blue pre – worshipped 2018 October - Bajaj Pulsar RS200 BSIV. Got a super sweet deal, was just 7 months old and had only 219 kms on the odo.
I'm a fan of pre-worshipped too, especially with deals like the one you got!

Quote:
That’s been my introduction folks. Hope to drive along with TBHP members one day!
Looking forward to see your posts on the forum. Before you begin though, do take a look at the rules once.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 11:38   #3
BHPian

Re: Third time lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Lovely style of writing you have got there. Looking forward to your travelogues and ownership report or anything else that you can come up with!
Thanks a lot blackwasp. Means a lot to me, specially when it's coming from a senior BHPian like you.

Quote:
Some nice cars there. Hows the Seltos treating you? I'm sure many here would like to know your experience with the same. Do pen down an ownership report.
Sure! I will definitely share my piece of Korean badass with everyone.

Quote:
I'm a fan of pre-worshipped too, especially with deals like the one you got!
I got lucky!!

Quote:
Looking forward to see your posts on the forum. Before you begin though, do take a look at the rules once.
Will definitely try to adhere to the rules enforced.
na_agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks