Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:24   #1
BHPian

Hello friends

Hi all Lovely Petrol and Diesel Heads,

First of all, thank you Moderators for approving me an access to this lovely community. Really appreciate the work and efforts all you guys are putting in keeping the forum neat, clean and simultaneously revving with good inputs and knowledge about all our collective interest – Cars and Bikes!

My Name is Sachin and originally I’m from Pune. Shifted to Mumbai 3 years back. I’m a sales professional working in home appliances industry as a Regional Manager covering West India.

As a kid born in early 70s, there were not many cars I used to see on the roads in my childhood. Leave alone cars, even having a 2 Wheeler was a luxury back then. But my parents used to tell me that I was very much attracted to cars since I was 2-3 years old. When I was a kid, my father used to take me to Saras Baug (famous Pune garden) almost every Sunday and all I cared to get that new small plastic toy car (worth 20-50 paise) every time from road side vendors sitting on road near the garden. My mum told me I had almost 2 tin boxes of 15 kg each filled with these cars! that’s too much!

As 10-11-year-old, when I first saw poster of Ferrari 250 GTO at my friend’s house, I was jaw-dropped with its stunning looks. My friend’s father was a car lover and he then showed me some more photographs of cars he collected. I was really amazed with their designs and beauty. From there, my fascination about cars have started building up even more.

After graduation, for my sales job, my father bought me humble Bajaj M80 as a daily driver. But my attraction to the cars never died. I never went to driving school. My first driving lessons was self-tried on a Tempo Matador F307 which used to do delivery duties for my first TV company job back in 1996. I used to sneak keys from that poor driver who used to sleep in our office during low market days just to learn four-wheel driving. I literally learned myself how to drive that vehicle just by sitting in passenger seat and observing other drivers. Then, in someday, I tried my hands on Premier 118 NE and boy! it was a hell of experience with its smoothness compare to Tempo 307. Shortly I mastered driving and pulling money between 5 school friends, together we purchased a Premier Padmini with gearbox mounted on the steering column. We used to call her Draupadi. We enjoyed that ride a lot for 2 years before we sold it. Then I had Premier Padmini with floor gearbox for around 1 year which was owned by my cousin sister who didn’t know how to drive.

Since then, I have enjoyed driving many different cars of my friends and relatives from Maruti, Honda, Ford, Hyundai stables before I purchased my own Swift Vxi in 2006. After enjoying Swift for 13.5 years, in Jan 2020 I bought new Baleno Alpha Petrol MT. Thanks to all Baleno owners for their inputs here on forums, my purchase decision was easy.

I’m really honored to be a part of this wonderful community after being a regular reader for 5 years. Hope to learn more and more from all you lovely people.

Cheers !
Sachin V.W. is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 10:59   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello friends

Hi Sachin,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Pleasure to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin V.W. View Post
Hi all Lovely Petrol and Diesel Heads,

First of all, thank you Moderators for approving me an access to this lovely community. Really appreciate the work and efforts all you guys are putting in keeping the forum neat, clean and simultaneously revving with good inputs and knowledge about all our collective interest – Cars and Bikes!
Thank you. It is the cooperation of BHPians that helps us in keeping this community as good as it is.

Quote:
As a kid born in early 70s, there were not many cars I used to see on the roads in my childhood. Leave alone cars, even having a 2 Wheeler was a luxury back then. But my parents used to tell me that I was very much attracted to cars since I was 2-3 years old. When I was a kid, my father used to take me to Saras Baug (famous Pune garden) almost every Sunday and all I cared to get that new small plastic toy car (worth 20-50 paise) every time from road side vendors sitting on road near the garden. My mum told me I had almost 2 tin boxes of 15 kg each filled with these cars! that’s too much!
Quite a familiar story for anyone born in the 60s and 70s. Car ownership was truly a luxury. I was among those lucky enough to be born in a family that had cars. Many of my friends came from families that did not have cars till the late 80s or even 90s.

Quote:
As 10-11-year-old, when I first saw poster of Ferrari 250 GTO at my friend’s house, I was jaw-dropped with its stunning looks. My friend’s father was a car lover and he then showed me some more photographs of cars he collected. I was really amazed with their designs and beauty. From there, my fascination about cars have started building up even more.
Lots of 250 GTO fans around, including me. If that's the first car poster you saw, I don't blame you for becoming a passionate car lover.

Quote:
Shortly I mastered driving and pulling money between 5 school friends, together we purchased a Premier Padmini with gearbox mounted on the steering column. We used to call her Draupadi. We enjoyed that ride a lot for 2 years before we sold it.
Dream story that!

Quote:
Since then, I have enjoyed driving many different cars of my friends and relatives from Maruti, Honda, Ford, Hyundai stables before I purchased my own Swift Vxi in 2006. After enjoying Swift for 13.5 years, in Jan 2020 I bought new Baleno Alpha Petrol MT. Thanks to all Baleno owners for their inputs here on forums, my purchase decision was easy.
The old Swift will always remain a favourite among BHPians and the Baleno is another strong seller in India. We would like to read detailed ownership reviews from you.

Quote:
I’m really honored to be a part of this wonderful community after being a regular reader for 5 years. Hope to learn more and more from all you lovely people.
Enjoyed reading your introduction. We will look forward to meaningful contributions from you.

See you on the forum!

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd March 2020 at 12:34.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 11:54   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello friends

Thank you Aditya. I'm very glad to communicate with you directly after reading your numerous detailed and fantastic reviews for so many years.

Yes, you are right. Old Swift was indeed a pleasure to drive. That car has never given me any major trouble. I was so used to it, even after one and half month of driving Baleno, I'm still not been able to find perfect driving position vis a vis my Swift.

Yes sir. Definitely a long term ownership review is on my mind.

Thanks once again.
Sachin V.W. is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks