Team-BHP - Hey Guys!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hey Guys!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/22079-hey-guys.html)

I am Ash and have very recently (5th march '07) came on board team-BHP moto wagon. Frankly speaking, I haven't come across a better online community strictly devoted to cars & driving which is so well managed(kudos to the moderators!!) & have such interesting auto enthusiasts that I decided to join & become a part of this great group and learn and share things on cars & wheels along the way. Needless to add, I am a keen moto - enthusiast and wish to further my moto interest in the august company of team BHP.

Little bit about self – I am an MBA guy (1998 batch passout) working for an MNC bank & working & living in New Delhi for the past 3.5 years. Apart from being cars, bikes & the (proverbial!) babes buff , I love listening to music;the 70s & 80s variety & that only happens these days while driving or while travelling (most enjoyable way to enjoy the music & the drive) & sports (have played cricket till district levels & now represent my bank’s team) l. My auto history is as follows : Graduated typically from bicycle,moped,scooter (Hamara Bajaj),Kinetic Honda, Kawasaki Bajaj over the years to driving an Opel Corsa 1.4 GSI (my 1st car!) 4 years back , I am on the look out for a second car for myself & my wife's office commute (50 km a day)..Have shortlisted Honda City ZX (so far) for my office commute so far & welcome hearing from you guys on my shortlised choice & the suggestions, if any.

I look forward to interacting with you all going forward & enriching myself with the combined auto experience of the august group that we have here! Trust it will be a great ride!!

Welcome aboard AshOnTheRocks,

Your userID sounds like when you have had one too many drinks and you mistake the whiskey glass for the asktray :P

Take some time to go though the forum and familiarize yourself with the rules and sections so you dont end up doing something as i said above :)

cya around
R

Welcome Ash

Thats a nice introduction. I too share a similar interest for retro music. Todays music just isnt my thing. Do go through the rules and enjoy the forum

Good luck on the car shopping as well.

Welcome aboard!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 387292)
Your userID sounds like when you have had one too many drinks and you mistake the whiskey glass for the asktray :P

Guess who else has been drinking?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 387521)
Guess who else has been drinking?!

Hey, keep in mind that when its 11:56am there, its 1:30 at night here! :p

But dont worry, i never MUI. (Moderate Under the Influence)

cya
R

Quote:

Have shortlisted Honda City ZX (so far) for my office commute so far & welcome hearing from you guys on my shortlised choice & the suggestions, if any.
A car guy picking up the NHC? Go get yourself a Fiesta 1.6 and enjoy the drive. The wife wont be as happy, but tell her the Opel is safe ;-)

Nice introduction. Welcome aboard.

Quote:

But dont worry, i never MUI. (Moderate Under the Influence)
MUI!!! You crack me up man.

Nice Intro AshOnTheRocks ...

Your taste in Music, Cars, Bikes and the (proverbial) Babes will be common with quite a few people on this Forum, more than you may think :)

And as an afterthought, just make sure your wifey doesn't get to know about this forum - as you go along you'll realize that her ignorance will help you on many an occasion, like why you suddenly don't want to buy the NHC ;)

See ya around.

Regards,
Manveet.

Quote:

love listening to music;the 70s & 80s variety & that only happens these days while driving or while travelling (most enjoyable way to enjoy the music & the drive)
Just the kind of music i like too & just the way i love listening as well. Welcome aboard

Hey thanks ...I love your quote..I completely relate to the poetry.
Infact,I was listening to "riders on the storm" on the way to work today..Still playing on my mind..such is the power of Doors..Timeless Classic..It will be great to have a list of "Top 10 all time retro picks" (voted by the ppl here) must play while driving??!! What say..How about a signature TBHP anthem(is there already??..anyone..)...Food for thought..!!
cheers..

Hey Dippy,
Would love to hear more from you..& your kind of music..
cheers!

Hey R,
Hi! Not to worry I never have & never will mistake an ashtray for a whiskey glass (wot imagination??!!) coz they do not make ashtrays in the shape of whiskey glass in this part of the world! Yet to catch up in this respect with the developed world...! But your Influence On Moderation is amazing..
Cheers to that!

Hey Manveet
Thanks for the advice (very valid one!).. Thank you all for your welcome..Its going to be a hell of a ride!!
Cheers

welcome aboard ash.!

have a pleasant stay here.

cheers
faithless

Dear GTO,

Hi!
I have seen some of your postings and have really liked them!With regards to Fiesta 1.6 I am afraid the cabin space / rear seat leg room is a dampner as well as the infamous Ford sales & service..

NHC will be for city drive; office travel for self & wife & on her insistence (an undertatement..!!) It will mostly be chauffer driven..I shall keep my options open for performance vehicle for personal use (decent BHP & TORQUE LEVELS..PREFERRABLY a diesel option)..late night drives..weekend getaways..Trust I shall be enlightened enough to make the right choice then..! which will find approval from the fellow TBHPians! As they say "In Gods We Trust" ..
Cheers

Welcome Ash. Nice to have you on the forum. Also good to know you enjoy Retro Music ( i can count on my fingers, today's numbers I actually like) like a lot of us here. Enjoy your stay.