Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2020, 20:55   #1

Good things come to those who wait

Hello everyone! Feeling enthralled to be a part of the forum which has inspired me from the past 8 years. I am Dharmender Ahlawat, originally from Rohtak, Haryana currently serving as a Central Govt. servant in Goa.

Team-BHP with its focus on values, ethics, independence and sharp focus on quality has inspired a lot of young Petrolheads, be it in increasing their automotive knowledge or imparting basic principles of life. I am one such soul enlightened by Team-BHP. Just to cite an example, I have scored my current Govt. Job on the basis of my automotive knowledge. My interview was going lacklustre when one Interviewer from the panel (most likely a Petrolhead) asked me about the various types of automatic transmissions in cars (I had Cars and Long Drives listed as hobbies in my Resume). I explained to them in such amazing detail that they had to ask me twice to stop. Undoubtedly, I got really good marks in the Interview.

I had applied for Team-BHP membership once when I was a student and was rejected. At that time, I understood that some things have to be earned in life. So I decided to apply again only when I, in my opinion was deserving enough to be a member of this wonderful and esteemed community. However, from that day, I don’t remember any day when I have not spent time reading on Team-BHP. At any time, be it home or office, atleast 10 tabs of Team-BHP are open on my devices. I have been through almost all the threads and through most of the travelogues.

I have purchased my every car (Beat, Nexon, Captur) after reading Team-BHP official reviews and ownership reviews. Such has been the effect of some threads such as ‘Beauty of lateral upgrades’ that a used Hexa will be promptly added to our family garage soon.

The steeds I currently own are Tata Nexon XZ+ Diesel and TVS Apache RR310.

Painting the town red
Good things come to those who wait-painting-town-red.jpg

We have 12 Nexons in my immediate friend circle. Plus we have 4 Nexons in my office. In our friend circle, we call Nexon ‘Highway Express’ as we have done countless Delhi to Goa and back trips in our cars without any fatigue.

Just a glimpse of Nexon mania
Good things come to those who wait-whatsapp-image-20190314-9.48.26-pm.jpeg

I had learnt riding on our Bajaj Chetak in 2004. I rode it till the next village to ours (1.5 km) in 1st gear and declared at home that now I have learnt riding. Same thing with driving our Maruti 800 1.5 km and next day I drove to Faridabad. My first proper ride was Bajaj XCD 125 which I rode for 15000 kms and it clocked 1.25 lakh kms before we sold it. However, my first dream bike I owned was a Red Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi while in college. It was only the 2nd Pulsar 220 in my city. It gave me a mini celebrity status and it grabbed a lot of eyeballs. We also had a Pulsar group in our college. I nicknamed my Pulsar 'Wolfy' due to its amazing headlight which gave the semblance of a wolf staring down the highway. This bike was an amazing companion in my college life. My pulsar was with me all the time whether I was feeling high or low. It even saved me from a failure in one exam. Engineers have this habit of studying on the last night. But Electricity board had other plans, they rewarded us with a power cut. I studied for 4 hours with the pilot lamps of my Pulsar.

Had poster of this bike in my room way before it launched
Good things come to those who wait-seenu0108.jpg

The first car I owned was a pre-owned Dolphin Honda City. This is the car which introduced me to Team-BHP. I had this car in my final year of college and have tons of memories with this car. I had this car for 1.5 years.

During one of trip to UK mountains
Good things come to those who wait-sdc17917.jpg

Then We had a black Alto for 1 year. After selling Alto, we purchased 2 Chevrolet Beat Diesel in 2015. We have both these cars currently and one has done 90000 kms, other has done 47000 kms with both going strong. Got to know from a post on Team-BHP that Renault is offering Captur diesel Platine at 9.99 Lakhs ex-showroom. We were waiting for some good discounts to show up on BS-4 cars. So we snapped one of last few Top model Captur in Red colour dual tone.

Note the Beat diesel trying to squeeze on the left side
Good things come to those who wait-20191209_170248.jpg

This is my brother's car who works in Delhi. And yeah we love red cars. Also my brother owns a red TVS Apache RR310. My cousin owns a Bajaj Dominar 400 in brown colour (Red was not available then)

We are a big joint family and every member is a petrolhead. Our family takes to driving like a fish to water. I was teaching riding to my cousin on Hero Splendor, and he was riding like a pro on the very first day.

I try to follow the tagline of Team-BHP, 'Live to Drive'. I have done countless number of long drives and rides. Most recent being Goa to Bangalore to Delhi non stop in my Nexon, Goa to Delhi ride on Bajaj Dominar. In Goa also, I live 30 kms from my office so that I get to drive to office. My Nexon has done 35000 kms and it has been a wonderful journey.

For me personally, Nexon is an emotion. It tugs at my heart strings like no other car. I check out my car multiple times after parking it by turning back. For me, Nexon has a slightly rebellious and a chic design with panache added to it. IMO, its personality suits that of an executive who scores high on performance but likes a bit of fun along with responsibility, just like someone who goes to office wearing Jeans and Sports Shoes . When I first checked out Nexon and took a test drive, I was just staring at its handsome face and wanted to take it home then and there.

My emotional connection
Good things come to those who wait-car-soul.jpg

As far as I am concerned, Nexon is a car with a soul. You just connect to it. It becomes a part of you. I have driven Chevrolet Beat Diesel for a considerable time before Nexon, but did not connect with that car at all. Nexon has become a part of my personality and I associate my prestige with it. Recently, two of my friends got married. They had options to take other fancier cars to their marriage ceremonies, but both stuck to their Nexons. Such a connect has been with the cars that we want our Nexons to be a part of every event in our lives.

I would like to thank Team-BHP Mods and all BHPians specifically Distinguished BHPians and Senior BHPians for maintaining impeccable content quality and consistently raising standards for the content hosted on the forum. In this fast paced and high pitched world of social media, Team-BHP stands tall as a platform with high quality unbiased content sans any kind of spamming.

You guys have helped me become a better version of myself with time. I hope to have a wonderful stay here and add whatever little I know to the amazing discussions. Cheers!
Seenz is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 13:44   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Good things come to those who wait

Welcome Dharmender! It's great to have you with us. Heck of an intro, I must say .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seenz View Post
Team-BHP with its focus on values, ethics, independence and sharp focus on quality has inspired a lot of young Petrolheads, be it in increasing their automotive knowledge or imparting basic principles of life. I am one such soul enlightened by Team-BHP. Just to cite an example, I have scored my current Govt. Job on the basis of my automotive knowledge. My interview was going lacklustre when one Interviewer from the panel (most likely a Petrolhead) asked me about the various types of automatic transmissions in cars (I had Cars and Long Drives listed as hobbies in my Resume). I explained to them in such amazing detail that they had to ask me twice to stop. Undoubtedly, I got really good marks in the Interview.
What a story! Loved it. You owe us a treat when we come to Goa .

Quote:
The steeds I currently own are Tata Nexon XZ+ Diesel and TVS Apache RR310.
Nice garage, both.

Quote:
I try to follow the tagline of Team-BHP, 'Live to Drive'. I have done countless number of long drives and rides.
Sure seems like you are going to fit right in on this forum. Hope to bump into you soon on another thread.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 18:13   #3

Re: Good things come to those who wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Dharmender! It's great to have you with us. Heck of an intro, I must say .
Thanks for the warm welcome. This is awesome coming from GTO himself.

Quote:
What a story! Loved it. You owe us a treat when we come to Goa .
It will be my pleasure. Please give me a shout whenever your Goa plan materializes.

Quote:
Nice garage, both.
Thank you for the appreciation. Means a lot.

Quote:
Hope to bump into you soon on another thread.
Definitely, I will start writing ownership review for my Nexon shortly.
Seenz is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks