Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2020, 12:07   #1
BHPian

Finally a BHPian!

Through this first post of mine, I would like to convey my heartfelt greetings to the forum, with an introduction just shortly after. Please accept my apologies in advance, because this post is going to be very long.

Hello there, fellow BHPians (or BHPans, due to the "P" being pronounced, hence the "i" being not as much of a necessity?). My name is Aaditya Pratap Singh, and I currently am a final-year Bachelors student pursuing a degree in Microbiology, being affected due to the uncertainty presented by the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, with our semester exams having been postponed, which would have otherwise been going on at the date of the start of this thread (16 May 2020, to be exact).

I got my membership after facing rejection seven times, with my eighth try being successful. The saga of trying to attain Team-BHP membership started from 2016, with noticeable amounts of cynicism and demoralisation between each attempt. My seventh rejection culminated in I typing a mildly acerbic e-mail to the webmaster, with part of my frustration spilling into that mentioned e-mail, resulting in GTO sir personally replying to it. Needless to say, I got embarrassed and quickly sent another e-mail clarifying my overall view with which I uphold the forum, along with a request for accepting my apologies. However, he coolly asked me to just try my hand at the membership process again, fill up each detail frankly, and provide my handle after submitting the registration form. After a ten month delay, I did just that. Hence, here I am. I profusely thank the moderators, and dream of meeting them in person sometime. I dreamt of meeting them before becoming a member, I still dream about meeting them now.

I am the world's worst liar, so I choose to remain as frank as I could be. I also am very poor at hiding information, occasionally acting as a person usually making self-deprecating statements, injected (pun intended) with a healthy measure of self-doubt. Other than that, I am just another student currently undergoing some actual self-esteem issues, but with such a love for cars and aircraft that I somehow manage to find an automotive/railway/aeronautic/other transportation equivalent to the situation I currently am going through, such as the initial struggle and hard work undergone by a student trying to become independent in this world being equivalent to an aircraft taking off and climbing to a reasonable altitude on a high throttle setting! I personally believe the best sounding jet aircraft engine is the IAE V2500 on the Airbus A320, but I will definitely have trouble in identifying the engines.

My parents say that I am a person who can stealthily turn a discussion oriented towards some topic into a car-related discussion, via indirectly specific utterances and opinions. I have loved cars since childhood, wondering about how they maintained a state of motion, with thoughts such as "Is there an invisible hand pushing these cars, trucks and buses?", having had a lot of toy cars, unfortunately having been misplaced somewhere right now. I learnt driving on my grandfather's 2002 Maruti Alto LXi, and a 2003 Tata Indigo LS, albeit with the first car that I ever drove being a golden 2006 Tata Indigo LS that we used to own, before selling it and purchasing a Mahindra Scorpio S6+ that we currently have. My love for cars only intensified after learning to drive, having got my licence just a few months after becoming 18 years old. I have no particular favourites when it comes to the central topic that we focus upon here in this very forum, but I somehow have started becoming fond of cars sold/produced from 2000-2014, which is the time from my childhood to early adolescence. This also made me realise how our elders dream of owning cars that used to be in production during their childhood and adolescence, being quoted somewhere in Richard Dredge's 1001 Dream Cars.

Becoming a member of Team-BHP is a moment of immense rapture for me, but I strongly assure the moderators and fellow members that I will try my level best to uphold the standards of this esteemed forum, having realised the value of media not being inundated with bias, religious or political discussion (which can even ruin one's day, as has been proved countless times in my case), poor grammar and over-use of emojis throughout. I might inadvertently become hot-headed and frustrated upon arguing with anyone, but I am focussing on improving upon that weakness of mine. For me, life is a pursuit of continuous self-improvement, and I wish to be as empathetic, honest, ethical, simple and down-to-earth as humanly possible, having craved for a reliable and understanding companion whom I can freely share my feelings with, hang out and have a great time.
BashfulKlutz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 16:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally a BHPian!

Welcome to the forum BashfulKlutz.

Really nice intro post. Glad that you kept trying and did not give up on the membership. I like planes as well, but I have no idea how different engines sound. They all sound same / similar to me. Maybe I just didn't pay attention to that.

Do share pictures of your rides and why not start ownership review as well of the Scorpio?

Looking forward to reading your posts on the forum.
ChiragM is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 22:31   #3
BHPian

Re: Finally a BHPian!

Thank you so much for the reply, Chirag Bhaiya!

You are right. Jet aircraft sound mostly similar, with the loud whistle/whine and the roar of air rushing through the engines being predominant in the aircraft's sound signature, with a few differences in the startup hum, and the coarse buzzsaw shriek that can be encountered when one sits ahead of the engines, with the engines being run at take-off power and during the cruise phase of the flight above the clouds; the IAE engines combining all of those and making the right noises for me!

I definitely will publish an ownership review on our Scorpio sometime! My father also says that it is easier for him to drive than the Indigo cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks