Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2020, 19:35   #1

Everything has its own time!

Hello dear comrades,

I hope you all are staying safe and healthy during this global pandemic. It's really hard to believe that we are all stuck in our homes for almost two months now and still we are not able to confirm when this will end. Let god give us strength to overcome all this and let's hope this will end soon and be back to normal. Let us also hope that humans learn from their mistakes for not loving nature and other living beings. Because, 'In front of nature's fury, we humans are no more than ninepins'.

Now let me introduce myself. My name is Nandakumar. I am a keralite living in palghat. I am a BE Automobile graduate who is currently on the job hunt. Right now fate is against me in the shape of covid-19. Getting a job has become even harder than before especially in automobile sector. But whatever happens, I will not leave this field. That's my commitment towards automobiles.

Now let me share some of my experience with team bhp and how I got here. Some of you might be wondering why I choose this title for an introduction. I will tell you the reason. It's been 10 years since am following team bhp. Not even once I have tried to register here. What took me so long?
Yes, its all about time. Everything has its own time and everything happens for a reason. God made me wait ten long years for this right time. And this right time was two days back when moderator GTO replied to my email stating, "Why aren't you registered with us? Please register." (I will tell you about the email which i sent him in a while).This is when I felt a spark in my brain, just like the spark from a spark plug. I asked myself, "why don't I register then?" I didn't wait for long. I asked GTO about the procedures and he said me where to register. Filled up everything and waited for the approval. And Voila! Next day got an email stating that my registration has been approved.

Yes. Finally I am a BHPian!

Couldn't ask for more during this period. The feeling was as good as getting a job. Never been so happy since many months. I thank GTO and other moderators from the bottom of my heart.

Now coming to the cars which is used in my family. Currently we have 2013 model Hyundai i10 kappa2 which is in pristine condition. It has run almost 60k and still going strong. My dad bought his first brand new car in 2004, a Hyundai Santro xing. Before that most of the cars were used ones, such as ambassadors( 3 of them), Mahindra MM-540, and Maruti 800. My childhood was mostly in MM-540 and maruti 800. In 2008 my dad bought a Tata indica xeta. It was a good car in terms of space and VFM, but other than that there was nothing. Finally in 2013 we bought our i10. This car was my selection. It was in our budget and also one of quickest hatchbacks at that time. And we are really happy with it. We also have a 2009 maruti 800. Its my brother in law' s car. As he is out of station, am using it. This car is my workhorse now!

I guess i will stop for now. This has become a long introductory post. I still have many things to share with you all. But as we are a family right now and as we have enough time to get to know each other, I will end this for now. Let's hope we all will meet together someday.

I forgot to tell you about the email which I sent moderator GTO. Its something related to the latest car review in team bhp. I will be sharing that in the coming days.

Yours truly,
Nandakumar.
Nandan_96 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 09:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Everything has its own time!

Hi Nandakumar,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandan_96 View Post
I am a BE Automobile graduate who is currently on the job hunt. Right now fate is against me in the shape of covid-19. Getting a job has become even harder than before especially in automobile sector. But whatever happens, I will not leave this field. That's my commitment towards automobiles.
Just about everyone is in a fix at the moment. But, don't give up on your dreams. Always be optimistic.

Quote:
Finally I am a BHPian!

Couldn't ask for more during this period. The feeling was as good as getting a job. Never been so happy since many months. I thank GTO and other moderators from the bottom of my heart.
Better late than never. With the lockdown in place, most of the action is indoors these days. Best time to get started on Team-BHP.

Quote:
Better late than never.Now coming to the cars which is used in my family. Currently we have 2013 model Hyundai i10 kappa2 which is in pristine condition. It has run almost 60k and still going strong. My dad bought his first brand new car in 2004, a Hyundai Santro xing. Before that most of the cars were used ones, such as ambassadors( 3 of them), Mahindra MM-540, and Maruti 800. My childhood was mostly in MM-540 and maruti 800. In 2008 my dad bought a Tata indica xeta. It was a good car in terms of space and VFM, but other than that there was nothing. Finally in 2013 we bought our i10. This car was my selection. It was in our budget and also one of quickest hatchbacks at that time. And we are really happy with it. We also have a 2009 maruti 800. Its my brother in law' s car. As he is out of station, am using it. This car is my workhorse now!
That's quite a list there. I'm quite an old school chap. The Ambassador and MM540 would be my favourites. I also have a soft spot for the 800. I'd like to read a good detailed review from you.

Looking forward to some meaningful contributions from you in the years to come.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 11:39   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Nandan_96. Wow, 10 years of following while not giving in to the urge of trying for registration. Salute! And @GTO asking you to register? Boy did you do something unquestionably right! Interesting.

Aha, an automobile engineer! I envy you. Understandably hard times thanks to Covid19 outbreak, pretty much for all. Don't worry, all good things to those who wait. Remember it. Who knows You might take a plunge and open up your own nice workshop for premium car maintenance one fine day!

See you around the forum mate. Take care & stay safe!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 12:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandan_96 View Post
Hello dear comrades,

What took me so long?
Yes, its all about time. Everything has its own time and everything happens for a reason.
First of all Congratulations.

"Ellathinum Athinte time oondu dasa" (Transalation : There is a oppurtune time for everything, Dasa)

Very Famous dialogue from Malayalm hit film " Nadodikattu"

Wow GTO inviting you, you must be special to have this gesture.

On a lighter note you can train people to get into Team-BHP world.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 14:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Now that is an interesting entry.

And you have hooked the viewers to wait for the second part. Some thing like, "Why Kattappa killed Bahubali"

Welcome on board!
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 20:23   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
I'm quite an old school chap. The Ambassador and MM540 would be my favourites. I also have a soft spot for the 800. I'd like to read a good detailed review from you.
Even I'm an old school chap as you. These cars have so much character which I don't feel in today's cars. We feel more connected to the car rather than the gizmos inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Who knows You might take a plunge and open up your own nice workshop for premium car maintenance one fine day!
I feel motivated by your words Reinhard. Infact, I had this idea of a future business like this. But rather than maintenance, I prefer restoration of old cars. This is one of my dreams and I will make it happen one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Wow GTO inviting you, you must be special to have this gesture.
There is nothing special about me. I consider this as a nice gesture from GTO. And this is the only reason why I'm here today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
On a lighter note you can train people to get into Team-BHP world.
When there are Auto gurus like you, I'm just a small kid. But when I attain the maturity of being a guru, I'll surely train the kids. Mostly that would be my kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
And you have hooked the viewers to wait for the second part. Some thing like, "Why Kattappa killed Bahubali"
My comrades dont have to wait anymore. I have already released the second part! You can see it on the official review of Hyundai Aura. I will be happy to hear your thoughts.
Nandan_96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks