Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2020, 21:49   #1
BHPian

Hello Comrades

Privet Tovarischi,

Just in case you are wondering what are the first 2 words, it means hello comrades, and as to why am I acting so fancy
well because I am a die-hard gamer and a huge fan of the gaming title (Metro) which is in Russian and so it goes.
I even named my car after the protagonist of this title which also happens to be my username.
First of all a heartfelt gratitude to the moderators for approving my membership request.
Certainly, it could not have come at a better time than these.
My name is Dilpreet Puri residing in Bengaluru for the last 10 years working as an IT Infrastructure professional.
Being an avid reader I have been following this forum closely for quite some time. The more I followed
the more it became a yellow book for anything and everything related to the automotive world.
This forum had gradually become a daily dose and so I decided to give a shot and finally I taste success.
I have been interested in detailing ever since I bought my first bicycle and back then it was just to keep your wheelies spick and span but
gradually that interest matured to all vehicles in the family.
My family had owned a Maruti 800 for nearly 20 years and it served us well right till the last day when we decided to sell it in 2012 for an Alto 800.
My father is a huge fan of the Honda City which we bought in 2008.
I brought the Alto 800 to Bangalore and used it for a couple of years which I sold in 2019 to buy a Hyundai Creta 1.6 VTVT SX Petrol(Manual).
I hope to contribute and learn a lot from this forum for many years ahead.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Comrades-untitled.jpg  

Artyom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 12:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Comrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Privet Tovarischi,
Privet!

Quote:
My name is Dilpreet Puri residing in Bengaluru for the last 10 years working as an IT Infrastructure professional. Being an avid reader I have been following this forum closely for quite some time. The more I followed the more it became a yellow book for anything and everything related to the automotive world.
Welcome to Team-BHP Dilpreet! Glad to have you onboard. Good to know that the community has been useful to you.

Quote:
This forum had gradually become a daily dose and so I decided to give a shot and finally I taste success.

I have been interested in detailing ever since I bought my first bicycle and back then it was just to keep your wheelies spick and span but gradually that interest matured to all vehicles in the family.
You will love these 2 threads then:
1 - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...-detailer.html (Confessions of a novice trying to imitate a Detailer!)

2 - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ing-guide.html (A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide)

Quote:
My family had owned a Maruti 800 for nearly 20 years and it served us well right till the last day when we decided to sell it in 2012 for an Alto 800. My father is a huge fan of the Honda City which we bought in 2008. I brought the Alto 800 to Bangalore and used it for a couple of years which I sold in 2019 to buy a Hyundai Creta 1.6 VTVT SX Petrol(Manual).

I hope to contribute and learn a lot from this forum for many years ahead.
Most of us here started out with a Maruti 800. Infact, I even purchased one last year as a secondary beater car and must tell you its simply fantastic. No wonder it brought about a revelation in India.

Looking forward to your posts.

Cheers.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 12:36   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Privet!

Welcome to Team-BHP Dilpreet! Glad to have you onboard. Good to know that the community has been useful to you.

Appreciate your warm welcome.

I will surely go through the links you shared.

Maruti 800 was close to a perfect car in terms of reliability and a handful would ever come close to it in the past and in future. Have fond memories of all the trips we made on that car.

I will try to post my 1-year ownership review next month for sure.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 17:21   #4
AZT
BHPian

Welcome to the forum. One of my friends back at Uni was a Russian guy named Artem (pronounced Artyom) and your user name brought back some good memories Haha. Good to have you here!

Last edited by AZT : 26th May 2020 at 17:28.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 18:45   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Welcome to the forum. One of my friends back at Uni was a Russian guy named Artem (pronounced Artyom) and your user name brought back some good memories Haha. Good to have you here!

Appreciate your warm welcome.
I some how find that russian language has a lot of raw and rustic appeal.I always wanted to learn it and more so after playing this title.Artyom is a common name in Russia.I am glad that my username brought some good memories.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks