Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2007, 18:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicorex4x4 View Post
However, once you get used to the dimensions, you'll realise that people actually make way for you. No need to use the horn either - just sneak up to people from behind, let them 'feel' the sound of the truck behind and then watch them move out of your way.
It does not work that way in Bangalore.. You have to make people move out of the way.. I have had instances where i kept on honking and the auto's and two wheelers kept coming in front of me..
They think this is a slow vehicle and they try to get into the gaps.. to save my car from unwanted scratches not to mention arguments i have to let them go.. But once i get an empty strech i let them eat smoke( thick black smoke)

Godfather
Old 18th March 2007, 15:40   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
It does not work that way in Bangalore..
If you say so

Quote:
to save my car from unwanted scratches not to mention arguments i have to let them go..
OK you have body coloured bumpers so you need to be careful. I've retained the grey bumpers and cladding and have already got a few scratches on the front bumper from a wild bush off the road so I'm not that worried anymore.
Old 20th March 2007, 14:41   #18
BHPian

Safari deal

I am getting body coloured bumpers, remote lock, art leather seats plus mats and stuff along with a cash discount in the deal. I am not sure if he is going to replace the grey bumpers or he is going to paint them...

Hey, wonder why all the discount?? Is tata trying to make way for the new 2.2L launch??
Old 20th March 2007, 15:26   #19
BHPian

I think your deal is very good. Going by the surface-area of plastic that needs to be covered, the bumper and cladding paint itself would cost upwards of 12-15K.

For the 2.2L, catch the action here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hp-320-nm.html

Cheers,
Su-47
Old 20th March 2007, 18:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
I am getting body coloured bumpers, remote lock, art leather seats plus mats and stuff along with a cash discount in the deal. I am not sure if he is going to replace the grey bumpers or he is going to paint them...

Hey, wonder why all the discount?? Is tata trying to make way for the new 2.2L launch??
Please ensure you're getting this new BSZ series (or whatever - Desert Fox should be able to educate you) which features:

updated electricals, improvements to a/c, brake calipers, new engine mounts, (not sure of this) better steering feedback, and allegedly a larger exhaust pipe which has allegedly made a big diff in pickup.

Check with Desert Fox - he's the expert.
Old 20th March 2007, 20:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey I just checked out mine today....its a csz series. Is that good or bad?

Drifter
Old 31st March 2007, 17:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post

Hey buddy, so have you finally got the possession of this wonder beast?

-POGU
Old 3rd April 2007, 10:11   #23
BHPian

Hi All

I also have Zen which is 5.5 yrs old and now due to my family requirement I need bigger CA. I am die hard fan of DICOR and I am reading all the posts for last 6-6 months. My heart says go for it but brain says wait. I am read in many posts that there ar some issues with it and you have to spend many days in workshop. Can you please tell me are they removed from teh latest model they are selling in market now.

Please suggest, i need all the valuable suggestions from all you experts.
Old 3rd April 2007, 10:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Welcome, Wanderlust. Your choice is perfect for those with itchy feet.

Contrary to what Rtech says, we do not point fingers at other vehicles - therefore there will be no listing of points against any other vehicle. To each his own - you seem to have been around for a while so I'm assuming that you're well read in these matters.

Congratulations and welcome once again.
That was NICE. Cheers!!!
And yes - Congratulations Wanderlust.
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:30   #25
BHPian

Quote:
The painting is done by the dealers.. and they have done a brilliant job in matching the color.. See my BHP Garage for the pics of my dicor..

Godfather
That is one really good SAFARI. You need to do somehting about the wheels though dude. I am sure u can bring more life to your car by bringing in some mean alloys
Old 3rd April 2007, 11:44   #26
BHPian

Wait until the 2.2 ltr engine is launched, it will be a crdi engine with more power and refinement.
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:27   #27
BHPian

Swathyd, the current Safari (i.e. 3.0L Dicor) is a CRDI engine.
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
That is one really good SAFARI. You need to do somehting about the wheels though dude. I am sure u can bring more life to your car by bringing in some mean alloys

Thanks bro... Yes i will get mags but at a later stage.. There are only a limited patterns that you can get here in India for a SUV.. Most probably i will have mine imported.. Havent found the perfect design yet.. Still on the lookout for it.

Godfather
Old 3rd April 2007, 13:49   #29
BHPian

Godfather
Thats really a very nice looking DICOR. Have you upgraded the interiors also in some way? I would love to see beige interiors in Safari. I believe they offer that in Scorpio.

Regards
POGU
Old 3rd April 2007, 15:03   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro... Yes i will get mags but at a later stage.. There are only a limited patterns that you can get here in India for a SUV.. Most probably i will have mine imported.. Havent found the perfect design yet.. Still on the lookout for it.

Godfather
Id be looking forward to it. And yes, I agree with you on the wheel bit. I am sure u can get inspired by the GANGSTA' trucks in the west. They have some mean wheels dude.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks