Team-BHP - Graduating from Zen to Safari
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Graduating from Zen to Safari (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/22289-graduating-zen-safari-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlust (Post 391895)
...xBHP, the rather immature biking forum...

Don't let 'em hear you! We have common members in both these forums.:)
And welcome to t-bhp.

not getting into safari vs scorpio and all, but yes definitely a big jump and congratz!!

one request dont bully us poor souls driving in smaller vehicle :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 405420)
one request dont bully us poor souls driving in smaller vehicle :)

Do you think that SUV guys can force the Santros and the Zens off the road? Possible if the Santro/Zen drivers are timid and drive very slowly. But I haven't seen any SUV drivers drive in this aggressive manner. On the contrary most SUV drivers are *very* careful, since their vehicles are extremely costly -- they go painfully slowly over the smallest of potholes.

A lorry or a bus is a different proposition altogether. A lorry driver did bully me on one occasion by coming very close to my Santro from behind as I tried to get past a bus in front, forcing me to brake to let the lorry guy go past. I then promptly extracted revenge by overtaking the lorry from the left side, and then braking in front of him (but not too suddenly), forcing him to almost stop completely. And then took off. He gave chase, but had no hope of catching up. The smaller vehicles always hold the advantage on narrow traffic-filled roads. You can always bully the two-wheeler guys off the road, but in turn they frequently harass you by cutting in front and forcing you to slow down.

that was in a lighter vein and NOBODY dare bully me, coz any seasoned driver will have somethin up his/her sleeve no matter what they drive!! ;)

and yeah SUV guys are mostly ok, if one doesn count the infamous cabs in bangalore

Quote:

Originally Posted by rks (Post 405459)
Do you think that SUV guys can force the Santros and the Zens off the road?

The Owners Manual of the Safari contains a mandatory directive not to mess with rks' Super Santro.

Any attempt to do so will result in the ECU cutting off fuel supply, and the sun visor will slap the driver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rks (Post 405459)
Do you think that SUV guys can force the Santros and the Zens off the road? Possible if the Santro/Zen drivers are timid and drive very slowly. But I haven't seen any SUV drivers drive in this aggressive manner. On the contrary most SUV drivers are *very* careful, since their vehicles are extremely costly -- they go painfully slowly over the smallest of potholes.

A lorry or a bus is a different proposition altogether. A lorry driver did bully me on one occasion by coming very close to my Santro from behind as I tried to get past a bus in front, forcing me to brake to let the lorry guy go past. I then promptly extracted revenge by overtaking the lorry from the left side, and then braking in front of him (but not too suddenly), forcing him to almost stop completely. And then took off. He gave chase, but had no hope of catching up. The smaller vehicles always hold the advantage on narrow traffic-filled roads. You can always bully the two-wheeler guys off the road, but in turn they frequently harass you by cutting in front and forcing you to slow down.

Sir your logic is out of this world........:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 405486)
The Owners Manual of the Safari contains a mandatory directive not to mess with rks' Super Santro.

Any attempt to do so will result in the ECU cutting off fuel supply, and the sun visor will slap the driver.

lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 405502)
Sir your logic is out of this world........:Frustrati

It is the correct logic. May not be palatable to you, though, for reasons unfathomable to me. An SUV driver cannot bully an aggresive Zen/Santro driver on most of our city roads or on most of our highways, because he needs a large amount of space to drive fast. Just like it is impossible for a Zen/Santro driver to bully an aggressive bike driver in a crowded city road. Don't understand this? Then can't help you, sorry.

Maybe in Delhi the roads are wide enough for SUV's to be threatening. I routinely overtake SUVs in Pune city, Mumbai city, on the Pune bypass road and the Sion-Panvel highway -- it is not even a contest on these roads, when there is the slightest amount of traffic -- and there is a *lot* of heavy vehicle traffic on these roads. SUV's have overtaken me only on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway. In the Gulf where Steeroid stays, it is a different story. I do not want to get into a futile, stupid argument on this, so do have your say by all means.

Then why start? ;)

Drifter

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter (Post 405519)
Then why start? ;)

You are right, of course.

I had an interesting run-in with a bike guy on the Pune bypass road (where there are usually many bikes in the mornings). On one occasion a bike guy in front of me is driving with both hands off the handle-bar, and parallel to a van, and both guys refuse to heed my honking. So in frustration, I rammed my Santro through the narrow gap between the two, giving the bike guy the scare of his life. I look in the rear-view mirror and he is pointing his hands at me and gesturing wildly and no doubt swearing. Serves him right, of course, to drive with his hands off. I thoughtlessly provoked the bike guy further by giving him an "up-yours" sign.

To my surprise, the guy started giving chase to me. And I realized that he was catching up steadily, because of the traffic. If he could cut in front of me, he could possibly have forced me to stop and out-numbered me with other bike guys. Fortunately I got clear of the traffic in time and gave him the slip at 130 kmph. He learnt a lesson, but I also learnt one -- do not provoke these guys needlessly. I could easily have regretted it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rks (Post 405511)
SUV's have overtaken me only on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway. In the Gulf where Steeroid stays, it is a different story.

Bangalore aa jao. Main hoon naa!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 405486)
...and the sun visor will slap the driver.

is the slap for the first offence only or everytime?
u crack me up steer!rl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 405635)
Bangalore aa jao. Main hoon naa!

Heh-heh, and may I second that invitation on behalf of NCR members to RKS!

Now that RKS has given a detailed description of his style of driving, I realize (no offense RKS) that we have a number of RKS's on our side of town. They drive small vehicles & cut in and out of traffic without a thought for the vehicle they are cutting in front of. And once they've cut across, they slow down to a leisurely 20 kmph (this is the only difference with RKS because he drives very fast) and listen to Radio Mirchi or talk on their Mobiles, all at the cost of your Blood Pressure rising. And they speed up whenever you honk or flash your lights and want to go by.

I have a very simple method for these guys - I try & mount their right side and push them into the center lane (not literally :p but close enough). I've been trying hard to take their right OSRVMs off with my fender but haven't succeeded yet because they invariably swerve left violently the minute they comprehend that I'm not going to be "bullied"! But I'm working on it and I expect to have success shortly - will definitely share with you guys

Quote:

In the Gulf where Steeroid stays, it is a different story.

Saar, may I invite you to God's Own Country? Its filled with the Devil's Own People, of which I can be a fairly decent example if you really want to be bullied.

Quote:

I do not want to get into a futile, stupid argument on this.

You're damn right it is.

Quote:

so do have your say by all means

When you give them a chance, sir - when you give them a chance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 405741)
I have a very simple method for these guys - I try & mount their right side and push them into the center lane (not literally :p but close enough). I've been trying hard to take their right OSRVMs off with my fender but haven't succeeded yet because they invariably swerve left violently the minute they comprehend that I'm not going to be "bullied"! But I'm working on it and I expect to have success shortly - will definitely share with you guys

You're evil, maan. Let me know when you and RKS are prowling the streets - I'll stay out of the country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 405741)
Heh-heh, and may I second that invitation on behalf of NCR members to RKS!

Now that RKS has given a detailed description of his style of driving, I realize (no offense RKS) that we have a number of RKS's on our side of town. They drive small vehicles & cut in and out of traffic without a thought for the vehicle they are cutting in front of.

This is a wrong description of my driving style. While I do overtake frequently and cut lanes, I make it a point never to make any other driver brake because of my driving. I don't like to brake too frequenly either. I am proud to let you know that on a typical drive to my office or to Mumbai, not a single driver brakes because of my driving. And usually nobody overtakes me, either -- even on the Expressway. I do not like to either bully or get bullied. I have started taking great pains not to offend two-wheeler drivers because of my overtaking, because I realized after a few incidents of getting abused that it is not a good idea to get on the wrong side of the locals on a route that you frequently have to take.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rks (Post 405934)
This is a wrong description of my driving style. While I do overtake frequently and cut lanes, I make it a point never to make any other driver brake because of my driving. I don't like to brake too frequenly either. I am proud to let you know that on a typical drive to my office or to Mumbai, not a single driver brakes because of my driving. And usually nobody overtakes me, either -- even on the Expressway. I do not like to either bully or get bullied. I have started taking great pains not to offend two-wheeler drivers because of my overtaking, because I realized after a few incidents of getting abused that it is not a good idea to get on the wrong side of the locals on a route that you frequently have to take.

Some learning for everyone here.
I seldom drive a two-wheeler (Bullet) and my Zen to work. Mostly, its the company cab and I know what it feels like when you are in either of these three.