Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2020, 08:38   #1

Glad to finally be here!

Greetings of the day to fellow BHPians!

This is Amogh Kulkarni, from Pune. I am currently working as a supply chain analyst in a company based in Shirwal. Additionally, I've also been a trek leader for the last five years in a travel company in Pune.
My brother has been a member of this forum since 2013. As a result, I happened to attend a couple of meetups with him. I've been an avid reader of the threads, and the travelogue section has been my favourite. In fact, it helped me chalk down my backpacking trip to Spiti in 2018.
Our automotive journey started off with the humble Alto in Mumbai. Moving to Bahrain in 2006, we owned the Toyota Tercel, followed by the Toyota RAV4, and finally the Honda CR-V, after which my father decided to move back to India. Out here, initially we owned a Wagon-R. After its stint of 1.5 years, we got home a Toyota Corolla. College commute of 30 KM daily, plus a small car for the city runs, led us to get a Tata Nano, which was thoroughly used in its two years and 27,000 KM on the ODO. The Nano was replaced by a Ford Figo in 2018, and the Corolla was replaced by the Skoda Laura in 2019. My decision to get a Duke 390 for myself was heavily influenced by all the threads and reviews I had read on the forum. I took the big leap on 8th March, and began the lock down, owing to which I haven't even been able to complete the run in!
Glad to finally be a part of this community!
Cheers!

Glad to finally be here!-img20200602wa001101.jpeg

Glad to finally be here!-img_20200318_192742.jpg

Glad to finally be here!-img20200606wa0000.jpg
amoghk98 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 11:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Glad to finally be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghk98 View Post
Greetings of the day to fellow BHPians!

This is Amogh Kulkarni, from Pune. I am currently working as a supply chain analyst in a company based in Shirwal. Additionally, I've also been a trek leader for the last five years in a travel company in Pune.
Welcome Amogh, I was just waiting for when you would join the forum! Glad to have you onboard.

Quote:
My brother has been a member of this forum since 2013. As a result, I happened to attend a couple of meetups with him. I've been an avid reader of the threads, and the travelogue section has been my favourite. In fact, it helped me chalk down my backpacking trip to Spiti in 2018.
Good to know that Team-BHP has been helpful to you. Looking forward to your threads and contribution.

Now that you are an 'official member', time to plan out a drive? Let this Corona thing settle down post which we can plan a meet-up for the Mumbai-Pune guys. The monsoon would have been the perfect timing for a meet.

Quote:
My decision to get a Duke 390 for myself was heavily influenced by all the threads and reviews I had read on the forum. I took the big leap on 8th March, and began the lock down, owing to which I haven't even been able to complete the run in!

Glad to finally be a part of this community!
Cheers!
I'm not a biker per se, but the Duke was one bike which I fancied for a long time. A good friend of mine made me apply for a LL for a bike, took the pains to teach me in college, only to be disappointed by me not applying for the permanent license. Ofcourse, the main reason for this was parent's opposition to 2 wheelers... Do start and ownership report for the bike, I'm sure many would be interested in it.

Cheers.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 08:49   #3

Thank you, Kanad!

We'll definitely plan a meet-up once this is all over!

We would be glad to have one more biker amongst us, its never too late
I plan to clock some miles once the lockdown is lifted, I'll definitely start an ownership thread then.
amoghk98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 10:18   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Amogh. A family onboard then with Asit already here. Have already read about your rides thanks to the 2 threads by Asit. Nice rides! And a nice bike too - literally brand new considering it has been with you just in lockdown!

A biker & a trekker. You must be from the top 5% haters of the Covid19 pandemic and associated lockdown.

See you around mate. Stay safe!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed